• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling A few pictures of my smoking/grilling adventures

Nice!  You're gonna fit right in around here.  I use to live in Wisconsin and also had to shovel a couple feet of snow to get my meat smoked or grilled.  I'm glad I moved down south where there isn't any snow!  What kind of wood you like using?

Jamison said:
Nice!  You're gonna fit right in around here.  I use to live in Wisconsin and also had to shovel a couple feet of snow to get my meat smoked or grilled.  I'm glad I moved down south where there isn't any snow!  What kind of wood you like using?
I'm a real big fan of apple wood with most everything.  I'll use Hickory for any smoked sausage, however.

I'm a huge fan of the WSM (Weber Smoky Mountain)! Mine holds rock solid temps for 5+ hours without any mods. I usually cut my rib racks in half, as they always unwind when I try the skewer method. I've been using hickory chunks for most meats, and cherry/peach for peppers.

hottoddy said:
I'm a huge fan of the WSM (Weber Smoky Mountain)! Mine holds rock solid temps for 5+ hours without any mods. I usually cut my rib racks in half, as they always unwind when I try the skewer method. I've been using hickory chunks for most meats, and cherry/peach for peppers.
I started trimming off the uneven bones on the end of the rack and putting them elsewhere on the grill so the rest of the rack can fit. Works way better than the skewer method, especially if you're applying sauce near the end of the cook.

This was supper tonight. Chicken thighs peppers and corn on the cob. Pretty boring but smoked with some Applewood and it came out great.
IMAG3151_zps4861ebdf.jpg

IMAG3152_zps0507b138.jpg

That all looks really good Sam!!!  Love the smoke ring on the pulled pork.  I am lucky when it comes to wood.  There is a cooking wood dealer 7 blocks from my house and he has good prices too.   :P

Back