"A Weber like never before."

"If this works anywhere as good as they say, I haven't been this excited for a Weber grill in a long time."

LOL... gee they said it worked good in a promo video? Wow! LOLOL!!!! I'm not listening to this guy.

April 6th, I will wait.

As much as I like them, I cannot imagine a kamado-style grill (primo, green egg) being 10x better than a WSM. I've looked long and hard but never been able to justify upgrading, as the WSM does everything I need in the charcoal/wood category. Between that and my Weber Genesis gasser, it's all I need.

If they go non-ceramic, it'll be fun to compare the heat qualities of the material in comparison ...

There's a lot going on using ceramic ... in terms of hot they hold and deal with moisture ...

If they pit steel and it's inherent radiant-heat prowess, versus ceramic, it'll be fun to try to predict what foods won't turn out as good on either one, than the other ...
Armchair prognosticate, if you will ...

weber_grill_of_a_lifetime2.jpg

weber_grill_of_a_lifetime3.jpg

At $1500 I won't be buying.  Also would not buy the first model, because the grilling community will invariably modify multiple things.  Only problem is Weber takes a while to come out with 'patches' to their products.  I have a 1st gen WSM 22" purchased 8 years ago, and my buddy bought his 22" a year ago - the first year they installed a thermometer port in the side iirc.

I don't know about y'all but it kind of pisses me off when I hear that they are going to release in Europe after hyping the shit out of it here. The only reason for that is to test the market over there first. Europeans are not nearly as into grilling as Americans but it's enough to get somewhat of a barometer reading on whether they should mass produce 4 million or 10 million here in the states.

Enough with the hype. Just load up all of The Home Depots and Lowes and be done with it already.

Back