• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

afr0n0mes first ever grow :D

Well i started not knowing wtf i was doing. I have never GROWN ANYTHING from seed or grown anything in general so take it ez on me. This is my first year and i'm learning everyday ! 

I started with about 12 varieties which included: 

Yelow Fatalli   ( swartmamaba ) 
Choc Fatalli ( swartmamaba ) 
Red Bhut jolokia ( frankie )
White Bhut jolokia ( pepperlover )
Scotch bonnet ( swartmamaba ) 
Corni di toro ( wickedmike )
dragon cayenne ( wickedmike )
reaper ( koreansoul )
brainstrain yellow ( pepperlover )
white congo ( pepper lover )
douglah ( swartmamaba ) 
7pot white ( pepperlover )
aji dulce ( ikf )

and did i mention that i didn't label a thing ? hah i figured since it was my first grow ever i would be happy getting any kind of pod :D ( ok i cheated i know where the reapers are... but hey i wanted to keep those in check ! ) 

Well i'll start with some pics and a lay of the "land" Here goes nothing

The old paper towel/plastic ziploc container on top of my fridge did the trick just fine !  i started labeling then said .. f**k it... hahaha
IHGdyeV.jpg

and it begins ! 

0dAwQnR.jpg

AjpDfuj.jpg

After doing some reading and researching found myself an aero garden ! time to dive into hydro as well !

this is where the reapers are as of right now
VD6CMun.jpg

afr0n0me said:
I found mine locally for 30 bux, it's the best 30 bux i have ever spent ! 

Brings back memories of making fun of the guy in chat who bought one right after you for retail.

Jamison said:
Wow! Plants look damn good, especially for moving in the middle of a northern winter! Fantastic job man!
Thank you !  yeah the temp was -27 when we moved LOL i had them babies wrapped up in garbage bags and moved them at the very end so i could keep them away from the cold as much as possible.

Good day to be checking on the plants. They all seem to have flower buds.

Here's one of the reaper hanging out in a 5g drip bucket with a 55w cfl above it.

HbLHlhR.jpg

y168wQB.jpg

The rest of the reapers hanging out in the 2 aerogardens with some lettuce/kale and parsley

HSP9BMy.jpg

KjjHjlA.jpg

XOj7IDm.jpg

Here's the hydrofarm in action with the "surprise" plants which seem to be chinense and others

gPHiqRJ.jpg

2PWj2lA.jpg

LPcyBcv.jpg

and the ones in the DWC are doing wonderful ! NOt sure what they are either, but they look chinense 

P5BOB9q.jpg

HO5Ec4A.jpg

Cool beans! Are you gonna pinch 'em?

Use the HTML code (large) from imgur to post pix.

You'll have a bowl like this in no time.

I posted that from my phone, looks like I missed something haha.

Nah I'm a let it go see what happens, if I get pods wonderful if they drop that's fine too :) just glad they are doing good.

Plants looking great dude.
I like the blue hydro pebbles they look great! :)

1000w should do you proud!

Awright, 'Fro - all in with hydro.  
Looks great - good on ya for making the jump!
Aerogarden is as hydro as I am willing to go right now,
but you make it look pretty doable!

Back