• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking After reading the thread about chilis ribs.... got me thinking

I wondered what you all thought of Tony Romas Baby Back ribs?

Advertised as the best ribs in the world/land.

And you know what? I gotta agree. Over here there is no place for ribs that even comes close to TR's baby back ribs! Not had any other ribs stateside that I like as much either.

We always seem to visit the states when TR's are doing all you can eat baby back ribs lol. One of the last times I went (Orlando), my brother came along with me. We actually exausted their stock of Baby back ribs :) They had to start giving out those other ribs(St Louis) they do lol.

Interested to hear what you all think.

Never had'em either. I always get my spares St.Louis cut. I find them meatier. After doing them my self I have yet to find anything to compare to especially from a restaurant Im much to high falutin for dem dere dings

Tony Roma's? Eh...they're ok. If I go out for ribs, I hit up a mom & pop BBQ joint. Now Dickey's BBQ (a chain out of Texas) has decent ribs, but their big draw is the smoked brisket.

DevilDuck said:
Tony Roma's? Eh...they're ok. If I go out for ribs, I hit up a mom & pop BBQ joint. Now Dickey's BBQ (a chain out of Texas) has decent ribs, but their big draw is the smoked brisket.

Will check out Dixey's next time I'm out there then (soon)

In the mean time, I'm still on the hunt for some decent ribs over here. Seems impossible :rolleyes:

The Iron Tongue said:
Will check out Dixey's next time I'm out there then (soon)

In the mean time, I'm still on the hunt for some decent ribs over here. Seems impossible :(

I don't like the way most restaurants prepare ribs because they boil them before grilling. It takes most of the flavor out of them. To get good ribs in a restaurant, avoid chains and hit the little hole the wall barbecue places. Locally, Shealy's does good ribs. but if I want good ribs, I usually make my own.

I did some beef ribs last night with just a honey garlic sauce. The ribs were from grass fed beef, and I should have marinated them for a while to tenderize them before grilling. The flavor was good, but they took some serious chewing!

Tony Roma's? Onliest Roma's I know are tomato's. That ain't even a good BBQ name. Now Big Momma's Soulfood & Ribshack.....now that's a proper "Q" name.

Back