• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

AISPES

Hello folks,

i am wondering about this site http://www.aispes.com/ I think some of the THP members are involved with this site. As far as i can tell it's geared to wild and Brazilian peppers.. which is very cool.. but it looks as if there is very little access to any information unless your a "paid" memeber... is this true?

Dunno but I wouldnt be paying a site like that when I can get all that information right here..for free! :) Don't go getting any ideas THP :)

ah ok, PepperLover.. thank you.. it felt a bit over the top for me.. i just wanted to see what everyone felt. Also sounds like the run a seed bank.. but i am unsure of that.

I do not know this forum but I think the association are to make money, now the web is full of information and even seeds. I believe that is not a hobby.

I joined up last year. Pretty sure anybody can. It cost me $20 US and it's good for a year. It's more than just wild peppers and Brazilian peppers believe me. They do run a seed bank too. Here's the reason I decided to join: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/6772-some-photos-megamastger71/ I believe on page 30 there are photos of a Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Yellow pepper that is, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest looking peppers I've ever seen. If you go through the entire thread by megamastger he labels every AISPES pepper he grows. Check out the Pimenta Tiger for another of the wildest looking peppers out there. If you want to try your hand at growing them there is no other place to get seeds.

The folks that run the organization take the chili growing pretty serious and they ask that you do abide by their rules if you join and want seeds from the pepper bank. They have to do with keeping seeds pure and I support that 100%. Don't we all want to be able to get seeds from a place where we know they're going to grow true? For that $20 a year membership fee you can get seeds to any pepper species they have. I would have joined earlier if I had known I could.

I have looked at Megamasters photos in amazement for about a year. I checked out the site a while back and it looks like a very professional organization that is serious about growing and documenting chiles. I may join, but wonder if translation to my language can be easily done.

I helped with some translations a while back and I still don't understand it all :)
It seems like a great organization with great ideas on improving existing varieties while keeping them pure

I have looked at Megamasters photos in amazement for about a year. I checked out the site a while back and it looks like a very professional organization that is serious about growing and documenting chiles. I may join, but wonder if translation to my language can be easily done.

Hello chileaddict. google translated the page pretty well.. but i didn't go into it too far.. since there was the registration requirement.. to see some things.

I joined up last year. Pretty sure anybody can. It cost me $20 US and it's good for a year. It's more than just wild peppers and Brazilian peppers believe me. They do run a seed bank too. Here's the reason I decided to join: http://www.thehotpep...-megamastger71/ I believe on page 30 there are photos of a Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Yellow pepper that is, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest looking peppers I've ever seen. If you go through the entire thread by megamastger he labels every AISPES pepper he grows. Check out the Pimenta Tiger for another of the wildest looking peppers out there. If you want to try your hand at growing them there is no other place to get seeds.

The folks that run the organization take the chili growing pretty serious and they ask that you do abide by their rules if you join and want seeds from the pepper bank. They have to do with keeping seeds pure and I support that 100%. Don't we all want to be able to get seeds from a place where we know they're going to grow true? For that $20 a year membership fee you can get seeds to any pepper species they have. I would have joined earlier if I had known I could.

Nice! yeah.. i certainly wasn't downing the site at all just my curiosity got the best of me. Given a few more years i might join. I am hoping that i can get my hands on a few locals in my area that might be willing to grow exotic peppers with me ( my wonderful wife and i fight over garden space as it is.)

I helped with some translations a while back and I still don't understand it all :)
It seems like a great organization with great ideas on improving existing varieties while keeping them pure

cool judging by what most everyone is saying.. it looks like they have a true passion for keeping species alive and growing.. very cool. Pepper Conservation!!

You can use Google Translate and all you need to do is put the url into the translate box and it will translate the entire site. http://translate.google.com/#it|en|

Good people doing a good thing, worth a $20 a year to me.

A heartfelt thanks to friends who have left their comments

The AISPES is an association that studies the peppers and carries projects selected their breeding varieties ...

Members participating in this project ... getting all the seeds they want and agreeing to the stages of growth and produce pure seeds to be distributed to the members themselves to carry out the varieties

The association collaborates with experts from around the world and with several Italian universities ... and non-profit
was recently prepared a study on wild species in Brazil ..... and the report is currently only available to members ... will be online soon .... There are photos of wild peppers that have never seen (schottianum, villosum, pereirae, cornutum, etc) ... some not yet classified

I'm the president of AISPES.
AISPES is an "association" no-profit, with the rules of every association: annual fee (20 euro), president and counselors, statute, assembly of members, annual Congress and so on.
It's a serious thing.
It's related to the Pepperfriends forum, but indipendent (that is, one can be member of AISPES without registering the forum and vice-versa)

The main purpose because we create it was to make possible an istitutional cooperation with official organizations such as universities, botanists, statal organizations, organizers of event about chile peppers etc.
We got a lot of contacts and started activities that would be impossible for a simple forum of keen on peppers; in some circumstances people don't take seriously a group of keen on peppers without any organization, but they take in great consideration an association.

Results of work of AISPES will be soon well visible.
We were in Brasil searching for wild capsicum and we will publish soon a very complete report about this (in english too!); a lot of photoes never seen before and a great depth in knowledge about wild capsicum

At the moment some results are in a section of the forum Pepperfriends reserved to members of AISPES, not because we wish to keep it "secret", but because we are still organizing and discussing the results.

Other activities include a seed bank (seeds in exchange of documentation), develope of new hybrids, partecipation and reports at conferences about chile peppers etc

I hope the purpose and meant of AISPES is now more clear

Some breeding cultivar AISPES

Pimenta tiger AISPES

21.09%20025.jpg

Pimenta elisa AISPES

post-648-1309717760.jpg

photo chiocolatorang

Ghost AISPES

post-540-1294954796.jpg

photo madreluna

serpepper AISPES

post-2-1295803457.jpg

photo lonewolf

Trinidad scorpion morouga yellow AISPES

AISPES%2018.09.jpg

Stefania AISPES

post-160-1306432042.jpg

photo stefania

and many other

Some breeding cultivar AISPES
They are so cool expecially the tiger and ghost!!! I want.... :drooling:

If you join what is the rules with seeds once you have grown them. I think JR said to me once he couldn't share some seeds of one type because they were from AISPES. Does that mean only you or the people that have joined are allowed to grow them wether you grow them out yourself and produce seed? Is there only a certain amount/limit of varieties that you can request once joined or are they distributed to everyone once available?
Sorry for all the questions, have checked it out before and was thinking of joining but I didn't know what the deal was. I would be more than happy to pay the 20 Euros just to even grow those two. Truly amazing!

Exactly ... are varieties that are trying to stabilize .... we are in different generations F1, F2, F3, etc.,

As long as the variety is not stable, the seeds will circulate only among the members ... who agree to cultivate, produce seeds isolated from fruits and share them with other members ... drafting of technical documents with features

And we are pleased to have with us many esteemed members of this forum ... who wants can register. Those who enroll and agree to these commitments can grow varieties that want to ... agrees not to resell the seeds ... and participates in various activities of the association (meetings, fairs, photo exhibitions)

Soon we will prepared a document on the wild species that I am sure will realy like

Back