• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AJIJOE'S 2012 GROW LOG

HELLO ALL

PLEASE GO TO MY GROW LIST ON MY PROFILE :arrow:

first pics of my babies are on page #3 of this thread if you wanna see them

sorry it would not let me copy and paste and it was just too much to retype, not lasy just a very bad typist :rolleyes:

im sure some may be interdsted to see this

please reply and let me know what you think

also please do not base what i have available on this grow list, some im only growing now and dont have seed for yet

thanks your friend Joe

Hey AjiJoe,
Just wanted to show some pics of some peppers you gave me... (first two pics are a bit wilted as I just moved them)
Here's one I had labeled as Aji Bolsa de Dulce. Just curious if this is the correct pepper. Just picked i think a ripe one today and put it in pic below:

7841383354_772a6aac8d_c.jpg

Also this one below I had labeled as Trinidad Yellow seasoning (but think i got it wrong hehe).
I had that and Trinidad Red seasoning next to each other in the seed tray. Could it be Trinidad Red?
It has pretty much no heat. and to me, not much flavor. Like eating a sweet pepper pretty much:

7841383034_24c7f300dd_c.jpg

This one I had labeled as Sweet Habanero (not sure what that one looks like... it almost has the shape of a Trinidad Perfume, but I didn't grow T.P.) Its taking its time ... Haven't had a ripe one yet haha. :
If it is Sweet Hab, what color is ripe for it?
7841381824_d260531fa6_c.jpg

The last one I didn't get from you, but I bought it as a Yellow 7 Pot Brain Strain from a company SeedCo, but it is def looks like its not that variety unfortunately...
People told me its a Trinidad Scorpian or Yellow 7 Pot but without the Brain Strain wrinkles.
Whats your opinion?:

7841382424_aef6b954ef_c.jpg

7841382104_fd12fcd9b9_c.jpg

11 and 1 o clock are ripe versions of the pepper... spicy fruity smell/aromatic.
You also gave me the Bulgarian Carrot in 12 o clock position.
Zavory in the 4 o clock.
Aji Omni Color in the 7 o clock.
and Aji Pineapple (or Lemon Drop, forget which one i picked) in the 9 o clock.
7804925092_798d0c01c1_c.jpg

Thanks!,
Btw Im interested in some Yellow and Peach Bhuts if you got those. and Aji Hab's, Aji Dulce#2, Aji Amarilllo's for next year. I'll send you a message for your pepper list :).
Ari

yes the first is aji bolsa de dulce
the second is not trini red seasoning not sure what it is it looks like fidalga vermelha

third is sweet hab
fourth could be but not ripe so i cant tell sure is true to what they looked like green

5th all are dead on with there id

looking good

i dont know what happened with the red trini seasoning??

thanks your friend Joe

Joe, did I tell you how much I love the way the Lightning Habaneros look? :) Unfortunately I had low germination rates. I'm not sure what color pods this one plant will produce, but I"m looking forward to eating them. I'm in love with the Peach Bhuts too! Thanks for the awesome stuff.

Chris

Cool. my favorites are the Aji's, and that one in the 4th/5th pic.
Did you say in your last post that it could be a Trinidad Scorpian or 7 Pot but you cant tell what it looks like green?
In the 6th pic, the 11 and 1 o clock are ripe versions of that unknown pepper.
Think they help ID it?

Cool. my favorites are the Aji's, and that one in the 4th/5th pic.
Did you say in your last post that it could be a Trinidad Scorpian or 7 Pot but you cant tell what it looks like green?
In the 6th pic, the 11 and 1 o clock are ripe versions of that unknown pepper.
Think they help ID it?
sorry it took so long to get back to you

yes i would say they did id it

sometimes it a little hard iding when there not ripe

they all look very good

thanks your friend Joe

will have a bunch of new species to add to the list but it will be at least another 2 1/2 months from this posting before there all ready

HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS YOUR GONNA LOVE WHAT YOU SEE

thanks your friend Joe

well its looks like it might be all over but the shouting tonight, its dipping down to 27 guess i will just have to see what the aftermath will be in the morning
im not too concerned i got what i wanted and needed

so i will let you all know what happens tomorrow
man winter has been in a hurry the past two years!!
thanks your friend Joe

Seems like it came quicker here too Joe. I've still got some life out there, but my plants' tops are hurting pretty bad. I may make it a few more weeks to catch a few straggling pods, but we're about done here too.

Glad you got what you wanted and needed out of your harvest. That's a good feeling.

same deal here Andy!!

some are just fine others are not some of the leaves are a mushy emerald color
my c. preatermissum look like it took the biggest hit, it seem some but not all closer to the plastic fence did the worst??
the preatermissum was laying on the grown cause it defeated every attempt i made to tie it up, i think this is the biggest problem, that thing was a monster!!
all in all i wasn't really expecting alot of damage and this time i was right
i went out did a little more picking today (Sat) brought in a little of the following

RED MONKEYFACE (most green or nearly ripe)
AUSTRALIAN LANTERN
CHOCO BHUTS
AJIJOE'S CHOCO HAND GRENADE #1 (all nearly ripe)
GOLDEN MARCONI SWEET (all green)
FOOLED YOU JALAPENO (all green)
AJI YELLOW (most were ripe)
CHILE GUAJILLO (ripe)
A FEW SWEET BELLS (all green)
A FEW TOMATOES (almost ripe)
INFINITY (ripe)
7 POT PRIMO (almost ripe)
WHITE BULLET HABS (all ripe)

so all in all God was merciful this time around,but i know its just a matter of time till its all over for the year and i dont have a problem with that, i was very blessed again this year and wait and see how im going to bless back!!

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Joe, great year!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2013!

Conor
yup hold on to your hat i got some that are greatly sought after as well as this is going to be my greatest year so far for offering my strange and wonderful oddities, i have a few that are just wacky looking!! and those that love this particular genre of hot pepper growing are going to be in heaven

new list will be ready very soon

thanks your friend Joe

well its all over but the shouting

cutting the garden out and harvesting what i can

this major storm is rolling in but that's ok whats left is of no importance anymore
gotta say it was a great year

thanks your friend Joe

Hey, Joe! I got your seed lists email. Thanks, Will be sending
a sasbe and some envelopes soon! Keep up the great work, brother!
You are the Johnny Appleseed of chili peppers!

Great germ rates on the seeds you sent me. Still waiting on a couple of stragglers, but same goes for seed from other sources. Thanks again!

Great germ rates on the seeds you sent me. Still waiting on a couple of stragglers, but same goes for seed from other sources. Thanks again!
THANKS FOR THE INFO
I ALWAYS LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THESE THINGS

THANKS YOUR FRIEND Joe (oops sorry didn't mean to shout)

Hi joe, how is that storm, is it still heading your way ? i have been watching it on foxtel sky news, Dam thing looks huge.

Hi joe, how is that storm, is it still heading your way ? i have been watching it on foxtel sky news, Dam thing looks huge.

its starting to pick up a little, but its still early as im writing this, my area is now in a state of emergency New Jersey has been a bit longer than us cause there coastal
there is a small storm coming down from the north-east and Sandy and it will converge over my area, and that's not good!!
thanks for asking i will be commenting as much as i can on my other thread but power may go out, :tear: its in the lounge its called HURRICANE SANDY WILL HIT THE LEHIGH VALLEY (or something like that)

thanks your friend Joe

Joe, did I tell you how much I love the way the Lightning Habaneros look? :) Unfortunately I had low germination rates. I'm not sure what color pods this one plant will produce, but I"m looking forward to eating them. I'm in love with the Peach Bhuts too! Thanks for the awesome stuff.

Chris
the LIGHTNING MIX HABS ca range in colors from

PEACH
MUSTARD
YELLOW
CHOCOLATE
RED
all separate color variations of thin elongated pods, some can be a little shorter in length, they tend to vary

i have noticed that the one that doesn't seem to have germination problems is the red one
all the others its quit a gamble even my friend who developed it has noticed this also

thanks your friend joe

well that is all for this season garden is done
will be posting the new one soon as i start everthing up

most likly a few earlier than christmas but maybe i will start either between christmas and new years or after new years
i have 2 overwintered plants right now

AMANDAS SANGRIA ORNAMENTAL

AJIJOE'S SCORPANERO#3 (STINGER)

if i start earlier im going to start with some of the slower to mature species like chinense's and wilds

must admit it was a great season!! :dance:
thanks your friend Joe

im completely done now and will not be following this thread after this post

thanks all it was a great year

your friend AJIJOE

Back