• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

ajvar

Opened my first jar of ajvar (pronounced "ah-var"??) and used it as a spread on pineapple & ham. Whoa is this stuff good. I got it from a European food store, just to try it out. If anyone sees it, give it a shot. Not overly spicy, even though it says it is "hot".

For those who've tried it, where did you pick yours up?

looks yummy, i had an east indian friend give me a jar of indian mango pickle, that too was very tasty on meats. i would buy it again but the jars must be lined with gold because it is ridiculously expensive.

good eating.

Opened my first jar of ajvar (pronounced "ah-var"??) and used it as a spread on pineapple & ham. Whoa is this stuff good. I got it from a European food store, just to try it out. If anyone sees it, give it a shot. Not overly spicy, even though it says it is "hot".

For those who've tried it, where did you pick yours up?
Glad to hear you like it. :) I grew up eating it. :lol: Thanks Goodness I don't need to go to the local store to get some, I make my own. Ajvar ( pronunced ay-var) is well known condiment in Eastern and Southern Europe that goes well with meat, cheese and crackers.

To add x-tra heath to your ajvar just grind some hot peppers in food processor, sauté them with a bit of oil than add to the ajvar and mix well. Enjoy. :dance:

Of course i like Ajvar.
Delish!
I use it in chili, ordinary mince meat pastasauce, on pizza for example.
For those that havn't tried it i strongly recommend you to try it.

Back