• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

alkhall 2015

Going to start in coir around first weekend of February.

The list so far, subject to amendment:

BROWN LARGE SCORPION-saved seed from last year

7-POT YELLOW-saved seed from last year

ORANGE(ISH) BRAINSTRAIN-saved seed from last year

ORANGE DOUGLAH-saved seed from last year

CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA <REPLACED ORANGE DOUGLAH

CARAMEL MADBALLZ-seed saved from last year <ADDED

NOT PEACH (ORANGE(ish)) GHOST-SCORPION-seed saved from last year <ADDED

RED BRAINSTRAIN

YELLOW BRAINSTRAIN

CHOCOLATE BHUTLAH

BIG SUN HABANERO 25 seeds, not one germinated. However, the vendor gave me 8 starter plugs for free to make up fo it. Unfortunately, none were the Big Sun. I found another vendor that had Big Sun (or Yellow Sun, as they called it) plants for sale, so I bought 2 of those.

7-POT WES

TRINIDAD HOT CHERRY

YELLOW PRIMO

RED BHUT JOLOKIA

JALAPENO Biker Billy, Big Guy, Jalapeno M (all Burpee Seeds) < Updated

CAYENNE Ecuadoran Hot Lemon, Long Thin, Large Red (all Burpee Seeds) < Updated

BELL PEPPERS California Wonder, Orange Sun, Great Stuff, Honey Crisp, Fort Knox, Big Dipper (Burpee Seeds) <Updated

RED SAVINA HABANERO <ADDED

VENUZUELAN TIGER <ADDED

BUTCH T (POTTED, OVERWINTERED TWO YEARS)

5x10 trays in netted coir, on heat mats:

TRAY #1
Revised%20TRAY%201a.jpg

TRAY #2
Revised%20TRAY%202a_1.jpg

I have couple of freinds who love bell peppers, so I will probably give them several of the bells, along with some of the Jalapenos, and maybe a select few of the superhots.

Rymerpt said:
I like looking at the pics. I'm kinda like a child that way.
I enjoy looking at all the pics posted also.

So, thanks for the compliment, although I really do not believe I deserve it.

I had a couple of volunteer plants this year, one of which appears to be producing true caramel pods.

For comparision, left-to-right, I have Brown Large Scorpion (which are very dark brown), then the caramel (I believe they might be Madballz, or a cross thereof), and another volunteer, which I believe are VV7 Scorpion (very bright medium red):

100_0975.jpg

Some pods from the Yellow 7-Pot/King Naga/Brown Large Scorpion cross:

IMG_20150930_151106945.jpg

Good sized pods.

All summer, this plant grew lots of stems and leaves, but very few pods. Now, it is making pods like there is no tomorrow, which basically is true. Historically, first frost is October 11-20.

I am hoping for good weather, but the 30-day forecast is calling for highs in the mid to upper 60°, lows mid to low 40°, with a couple nights in the mid 30° near the end of the month. I might get lucky...

Back