• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

I'll let Neil speak to his source, but Dorset Nagas are not from Frontal Agritech...they're from Peppers by Post in the U.K. Bihs are being passed all around the world. My source I know bought seed pure from Frontal Agritech.

I've seen other Bihs that look different. They are all crazy hot though!

Chris

QuadShotz said:
Coool pics.

Hmm, I got my Bih/Dorset seeds from THSC, who I think got them from Frontal. I wonder which ones I got?

Is there any difference in the plants?

Dern waiting for %$#!@ pods... :D

-QS

the naga morich was passed to peppers by post purely by luck the morich had been in London for many years and of course the hybrid Dorset was produced..or was it a hybrid...The bhutt/bih has been tracked to africa pre 2005 an indian/bangladeshi community there,But also there reports,of being in a number of south asian counrys long before the naga madness created by the hottest peppers in the world..

The dorsets where sent by peppers by post to THSC and warwick university for testing..Frontal agritech had no part there late players cashing in on a big name :)

Well, whatever they are, it's a healthy plant.

Both the Dorset and the Bih survived being scalded and stuff, and now are becoming monster plants. Fantastic internodal growth.

:D

talas said:
The dorsets where sent by peppers by post to THSC...for testing..

So Hippie (THSC), you been holding out on us?

Nagas/Bhuts/7-pots........... have been around for decades if not centuries, its really only new and exciting to us in north America.

OK...has anyone ever seen a Red Sevina Pod shaped like this?....

Got it from Renee's Garden...

Doesn't look like any Red Savina I have ever seen...

RedSavina-Renee-08-25-08.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Nagas/Bhuts/7-pots........... have been around for decades if not centuries, its really only new and exciting to us in north America.

Think you make the perfect point..:)

Don't look like any Red Savina I have ever seen either, but then again, so do my ripening pods on my Red Savina plant. I'll take some pics tomorrow, they look like Orange Habs to me... (mine, not yours!)

POTAWIE said:

You can include us excited growers over here in Australia too! :cool:

AlabamaJack said:
OK...has anyone ever seen a Red Sevina Pod shaped like this?....

Got it from Renee's Garden...

Doesn't look like any Red Savina I have ever seen...

RedSavina-Renee-08-25-08.jpg

AJ is it at all possible that they could be Tobago Seasoning Peppers? They just kinda look like them to my untrained eye.

Hi-

Those pictures are fantastic! Absolutely beautiful. The Scorpions and the seven Pot look so much alike, though. Do they really look so alike? I bought a seven pot plant from a neighborhood nursery I've been buying from for many years and the owner wasn't even aware of what they were. Neither was I, but I bought it because I always like to pick out some "mystery plant" and was shocked when I looked it up on the internet and started reading about it. But...since the nurserer (or whatever you call him) wasn't really sure about it, I'm not 100% convinced that it's actually a seven pot. Can one of you experts please, please help me?

Here are two pictures of the plant:

DSCN3031-1.jpg

and...

DSCN3032-1.jpg

One of the peppers has just a hint of color starting at the stem...maybe an orange-ish. I just noticed this afternoon. My heart just about stopped!!

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Yeah they look real to me. That's amazing a local nursery had it. Is the owner from Trinidad or have family from there? :) What other rare varieties did they carry? :)

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Yeah they look real to me. That's amazing a local nursery had it. Is the owner from Trinidad or have family from there? :) What other rare varieties did they carry? :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

It is surprising! The owner told me that he got the seeds from a customer who was from Trinidad. No explanation given apparently...they were actually sitting closer to the sweet peppers. There wasn't even the "HOT" warning label he had placed on his Habanero plants. I went back in afterwards to ask him to move them and place the "Hot" warning label on, which he started doing while I was there. Pretty sad for someone to buy such a plant unexpectantly (!!!)

AS far as other rare ones go, well for Manitoba...he had some beautiful Scotch Bonnet, Hot Paper Lanterns and another plant I'd never heard of called the Ixtapa, which I guess is a version of the Jalapeno. I always get the Caribbean Reds, Cayennes, Super Chiles, etc etc from him. What started me communicating with other Chile fanatics is a YouTube video I made of my garden a couple of weeks ago. Please have a look if you have a moment. I'd be so obliged to get your opinion. That garden has pretty well taken over my life...LOL!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your response. That's really nice of you.

Thanks so much!!
Sheldon

AlabamaJack said:

AJ

My naga's / bhuts look nothing like those... Do you have any that come to a point and are pimply, like these (stolen from saga jolokia):

colorchange.jpg

I have 2 plants - one looks very much like those, and the other has wider fruits with smoother skin. Both are naga/bhut - but I'm not sure which is which, or why they're noticably different... Neither of them look anything like yours, though...

Back