• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Always a good day to grill

Well just pulled the trigger and ordered my own Traeger Texas Elite Smoker today. Cant wait till it gets here. I can already see many happy memories we will create together. Oooh.. Its sleek design an elegance.. Hubba hubba!  I have a feeling the other half may get jealous with me spending more time with my smoker than her. I guess its true, the fastest way to a man heart is through his stomach. :drooling:

Mahalo!!! WOW once again your making me crazy hungry with those pics I'm on my way !!!! :) lol CONGRATULATIONS on the new traeger texas I love mine !!!!! Makes life so easy !! Make sure to follow start up procedure every time and no worries! :) I'm waiting on my savannah stoker control to replace the factory unit better heat control and works with tablets or phone you can check and adjust temp and pellet feed while on the go !!
IMG_20150201_160838_hdr.jpg
welcome to the Pelletheads club brada!!!

Here we go... 7hrs in.. Did not get a chance to get a pic of the final. Got too busy hauling it out, setting it up under the heating lamps and carving it up for the hungry. I'll see if someone else has got a pic and post it later if they do.
20150411_0744291.jpg

Some boneless hams and some of the 60 plus slabs of pork ribs.
20150411_0753241.jpg

Thin sliced pork bellies
20150411_1104521.jpg

While the grill is going  cooking up chunks of beef. I think it was like 20 whole roast chunks total. Kinda lost count.
20150411_0800331.jpg

Slabs of whole pork bellies.
20150411_1105021.jpg

Shot of the triple grill we used
20150411_1106121.jpg

The serving line. I lost count but I think there was 25 different dishes not counting deserts. 
20150411_1252161.jpg

20150411_1242321.jpg

Was a good day over all and its still going. I'm just done for the day. Wore out! Cheers all

grantmichaels said:
Doing the work. Wow ... I'm sure a lot of folks got to appreciate all that Q!
Lots of volunteers today. Everyone was busy from the kitchen to the outside deep fryers, grills, woks and the whole works. Always nice getting together with family and friends for a feast. 

sicman said:
I can not wait to see some more pics. That is a true thing of beauty. I would climb into that grill and have you shut the door.
It got a tad bit cold now and then though out the day. I wanted to climb in the grill myself. 

Back