• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Football Fans?

Just wondering how many football fans are here, and who your favorite team(s) are.

Mine team is, and has been from it's inception, the Houston Texans. I'm an old Oiler fan from birth (born and raised in Houston), but have never, nor will ever will be, a Titans fan (no offense Titans' fans)!

Who's your team?

texflag4.gif

My main number one team i root for is the Giants. Can't help it, i was born and raised in the shadow of the Meadowlands and Giants stadium.

But, i tend to root for Tampa Bay(quit laugHing) and Indy now as well.

i was born in the DC area, so i've been a life long redskins fan. love the game, but i'm not too crazy about it as far as knowing all the players and their stats. i understand all the rules and plays..just don't watch it too often. mostly pick up during the play offs and super bowl. other than that, i'll catch some games when i have some friends over and we cook out and have some beers...that is ALWAYS fun.

xgrafcorex said:
i was born in the DC area, so i've been a life long redskins fan. love the game, but i'm not too crazy about it as far as knowing all the players and their stats. i understand all the rules and plays..just don't watch it too often. mostly pick up during the play offs and super bowl. other than that, i'll catch some games when i have some friends over and we cook out and have some beers...that is ALWAYS fun.

I hear ya! I'm not a 'stat' type fan either, but do like to keep up with what's going on with my particular team.

Hey Texan... Sing along with me...

"Houston Oilers
Houston Oilers #1..." :cool:

I've been a Steelers fan since...well forever. I remember seeing the end of SB IX when I was little and haven't turned back. Been through a lot of dry years, but it's all good.

DevilDuck said:
Hey Texan... Sing along with me...

"Houston Oilers
Houston Oilers #1..." :cool:

I've been a Steelers fan since...well forever. I remember seeing the end of SB IX when I was little and haven't turned back. Been through a lot of dry years, but it's all good.

Was going to say something to you about those days. I am an old Oiler fan. I was born and raised in Houston, so pretty hard not to be a 'Luv Ya Blue' fanatic.

My brother was a Steelers fan back in those days--and probably still is--although he says he likes the Texans as well. Man the heated conflicts we used to have back then! He would literally RUB my face in every heartbreaking loss! If I remember correctly, they used to have multiple ambulances at every game, just because the games were so heated and tough that numerous players were always getting hurt.

Those were the days though! Talk about a rivalry! Steelers/Oilers...not my brother and I! ;)

I like the Cowboys, the Titans and the Saints.

Titans 'cause I like to watch Vince Young. Saints because I just love the city of New Orleans and the Cowboys because they don't suck this year.

Hey the Vikings won a game...barely...finally..thanks to Longwell, who we inherited from Greenbay, which is where my Wife is from, so thats what I heard all afternoon, "Thanks To Longwell"
blah.gif

slapme.gif

vikingsani.gif

(J/k hon, I knows ya gonna read this):lol:

Steelers fan here, but I also have a routing interest in the 49ers (I know two of their coaches), Vikings (best friend in VA is a Vikes fan), and the Titans (Jeff Fisher is a helluva coach IMO).

Phil, if AP keeps this up, I think you'll win a few more. He's a man-beast.

kato said:
I'm a Dolfan. This year the only thing we are going to win is a top 5 pick.

Yeah, but if you use it on a reach again like you did with Ted Ginn, you might become the new Bengals. Ginn may have a decent career, but I don't think he'll have the impact a #8 overall pick should have.

MiamiM.gif

I have been a fan for 31 years now.......this year is another disappointing one. Another top 5 draft pick in the future.

dreamtheatervt said:
Steelers fan here, but I also have a routing interest in the 49ers (I know two of their coaches), Vikings (best friend in VA is a Vikes fan), and the Titans (Jeff Fisher is a helluva coach IMO).

Phil, if AP keeps this up, I think you'll win a few more. He's a man-beast.
first time we seen AP, I told the wife, he's going to be a star.
Just hope he can stay healthy. and I hope he's still with the vikes next season:?:

Grew up a Giants fan. Moved to Charlotte the year we got the team so was on the 50/50 trian for a while. But since I vend dogs, etc. at the games, gotta root harder for the team that helps support my family. GO PANTHERS!! (of corse they are doing their darndest to go 4-11 this year!) Whatcha gonna do.

And the best thing about football (besides the beer, cheerleaders, and my food) THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

Back