• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Any recepies for spicy mushrooms?

I like spicy, and I like mushrooms, and I just realized I don't ever remember putting the two together! Anyone know any good ideas for a spicy mushroom dish?

I don't have a recipe, but a local Chinese restaurant makes this spicy chicken and mushroom dish I love. Mushrooms are great because absorb flavors so well...I would thing sauteing them with some oil, habs, and maybe a little hot sauce would do the trick.

I'm not sure you'll be able to penetrate the mushroom with any flavor, so it'd be either hot sauce over the mushrooms or get a big field mushroom and stuff it full of popper type things.

I always put some of my powder in the mushroom when I pan-fry them. the more you add the hotter they are had no problem of the flavor penetrating the mushrooms ( all types of mushrooms}
Dan

LET IT BURN

bowhunter said:
I always put some of my powder in the mushroom when I pan-fry them. the more you add the hotter they are had no problem of the flavor penetrating the mushrooms ( all types of mushrooms}

Are you frying them in butter or oil? I mean, that was my thinking is that butter is the only thing for cooking mushrooms, but the dairy takes away the heat doesn't it? {milk, yogurt....butter etc when burned}.
Just trying to understand the chemistry of it.

Back