• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

snacks anybody acually eat peppers along with "chili chips/crackers" ?

usually when i buy chips in the supermarket that say hot on them or even feature the word chili or even a picture of a pod on them i know
that these fuckers are not even going to be remotely hot.

so, i got into eating a fresh pod (when available) along with my chips which finally gives me the heat i search for !

anybody elso do it alike ?

chipsr.jpg

Always!!

OR......a little homegrown 7 POT powder shaken up in the bag of chips makes them liven up real quick.

I like them both ways, but I couldn't live without homegrown powder!

hehe i knew this would be the right place to ask.

but i wonder, do you just throw some powder in the bag and give it a good shake or what ?

i do the powder mixing thing with popcorn and use hot sauce with the chips (home made preferably). i should try the "full pod" thing though.

Ballzworth said:
i do the powder mixing thing with popcorn and use hot sauce with the chips (home made preferably). i should try the "full pod" thing though.

i am right now as the pic is "still hot" and man i love it !

Yeah, a tbsp or so of homegrown powder in the bag, shake it up a bit, open and enjoy!

Smoked homegrown powder adds a whole new dimension also!

I do the homemade powder on the homegrown popcorn, but add the homemade hot sauce to a sour cream based dip for the chips from a bag.

Walmart had some Habanero chips as a market test awhile back that weren't too bad and they were quite frequently sold out. Dunno why they discontinued them as they were great with a homemade hot dip or salsa.

I like eating fresh Cayennes with chips or any other chillies really. Adding a good dose of chilli powder to a bag of peanuts is good too.

Back