• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody else here a gearhead?

that show top gear is awesome!! one of my favorite shows..and definitely the best car show ever.

heres some pics i took a couple weeks ago of a local italian car gathering. was held two blocks away at the same plaza thing where i saw the veyron.

IMG_8656s.jpg

ferraris and an alfa romeo

IMG_8660s.jpg

ferrari 360 v8

IMG_8661s.jpg

ducati 748 with some modifications

IMG_8662s.jpg

IMG_8664s.jpg

lancia scorpion (i thought this one would be most appropriate)

IMG_8668s.jpg

pantera engine bay..you could try to call it a trunk..

IMG_8675s.jpg

mostly maseratis

IMG_8681s.jpg

the first lamborghini, the miura

IMG_8706s.jpg

wasn't italian so it had to park outside of the show lot. rolls royce phantom

IMG_8708s.jpg

overall view from the parking garage across the road

Yup I'm a gearhead....I had a 71 Nove ran 13.29's at the track....had a 98 Mustang GT that I built up....I have a 1951 Ford F-1 Pickup streetrod under construction...am currently building a custom chopper....Was brought up around the drag strip and circle track.

ha yea i saw that on bbc. expensive wreck!! i'd be pissed if i even hit a pot hole!

if you are ever bored, check out www.wreckedexotics.com lots of destroyed super cars, usually with a brief story behind each picture. theres also random funny or just crazy pictures too that don't necessarily have ferraris and whatnot.

just got home this afternoon from one of they highlights of my year. the 55th annual 12 hours of sebring race in sebring, florida! i can't remember exactly, but i've been to everyone since the 50th, possibly the 49th. i can't remember like i said.. this year had a very small field overall, but there were still some cool cars out there. of note was the debut of acuras new prototype race car. they did very well too..one of the acuras was first in their class (P2). an audi R10 won the P1 class, of course..a corvette C6R won the GT1 class as usual..and a ferrari F430 won the GT2 class. here are some pictures i took.

IMG_9930s.jpg

lotus elise in the parking lot down the way from our campsite.

IMG_9938s.jpg

corvette from the speed gt world challenge races. we missed the first speed gt wc race and also the svra (vintage cars) race, but we caught part of the last speed gt wc race. it was raining a little so i left my camera in the car until later in the night that day.

IMG_9951s.jpg

bmw m6 next to a champion racing audi s4 race car about to do a parade lap after the last race of the day.

IMG_0005s.jpg

lots of police there this year..they even had these mobile stations. i didn't notice while actually looking at it..but once i saw the picture i noticed someone was in there and it doesn't look like they are having a good time.

IMG_9960s.jpg

our campsite. we had a laptop sitting in the chair facing away from the camera that we were watching car videos and tv on while eating dinner and having some beers.

IMG_9982s.jpg

IMG_9990s.jpg

acura race cars on display. first one is a prototype with a modified nsx engine..and the second is a very modified nsx.

IMG_0014s.jpg

some alfa romeos from the svra race we missed.

IMG_0017s.jpg

nissan z of some sort, also from the svra race i believe.

IMG_0031s.jpg

brand new porsche gt3

IMG_0033s.jpg

porsche gt3rs, carrera gt, gt3rs

IMG_0248s.jpg

another shot of gt3rs

IMG_0049s.jpg

audi r8 engine. mid mounted v8. the chassis of this car is the same as the lamborghini gallardo. heres a really nice illustration of the engine: http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=4127&idg=1&idi=66

IMG_0045s.jpg

audi rs4 engine.

IMG_0048s.jpg

audi rs6 engine. i'm pretty sure both of these engines are also twin turbo!

IMG_0063s.jpg

panoz esperante from the panoz driving school. don panoz is the owner of panoz and also the sebring race track. i believe he is the president of the american le mans series (alms) too!

IMG_0064s.jpg

viper for sale.

IMG_0066s.jpg

IMG_0068s.jpg

chinese motorcycles from hyosung. the red one is a 650cc and the other two are 250cc. they had a couple styles of cruisers too.

IMG_0097s.jpg

kumho tire girls.

Back