beer ASK WHEEBZ

The only downside is if you like it.  Then only having 1 or 2 servings will be annoying.   

Ask Wheebz

Is the local honey that I can buy from my local orchard's store better for mead than honey you would find at a supermarket?

tctenten said:
The only downside is if you like it.  Then only having 1 or 2 servings will be annoying.   

Ask Wheebz

Is the local honey that I can buy from my local orchard's store better for mead than honey you would find at a supermarket?

Seems to be some consensus that good quality, locally-sourced, raw, unfiltered is the way to go, but look forward to Wheebz input ...

Also, Wildflower means wildflowers wherever that persons hives are ... highly regional ... citrus blossom from Florida and Cali are differing ...

Most people with bee's have them where it's cool in the Summer, and take them to where it's warm in the Winter ...

So you'll see most bee people have two locations, Florida or Georgia or SoCal as one, and then like Dakota's, Colorado, and Vermont/Rhode Island/New Hampshire/Upstate NY etc as the other ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455321378.036127.jpg

What do you think this is?

I think it might be Crisp Carastan (or possibly Simpsons Golden Light), both of which are 30-37L ...

Realizing since it's unmilled it's recent, so I can cross it against recent purchase orders ...

Thanks!

I don't want to bury tctenten's post ^^^, but I also have an ASK WHEEBZ for whenever ...

Was listening to some stuff and reading up about BSI ( brewingscience.com ) yeasts, and while poking around - I came across a recommendation of theirs for Pro's to not drop the wort temp faster than 10C or 20F per hour ( http://www.brewingscience.com/education/troubleshooter/wort_cooling.htm ) ...

It's been driving me crazy for a few hours, because I can't come up w/ anything on the Why? behind that ...

They also have some notes that would apply to my ferm-in-keg stuff ( http://www.brewingscience.com/education/troubleshooter/fermentation_pressure.htm ), but that's for future investigation because I'm not really planning any room temp lagering right now ...

well you have seen the logo

when I think collusion, I think of a combination of the three types of alcohol, being beer wine and liquor, and a combination of those three things under one roof, but I also think of like shady back room deals and secret societies

Back