vendor Baker Peppers did me wrong!! Should have listened to THP and went with JUDY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife ordered peppers on December 5th for my birthday and a company Hotluck. Peppers should have shipped according to Dales website Monday the 9th so days later and 2 follow up emails, 1 phone message and no contact from Dale at ALL. No answering email and no phone just plain bad customer service period!!  So I check his website today as this was not up yesterday and low and behold:

[SIZE=large]*********Attention!!! There was no shipping done on 12/9/13...we were out of town last minute....all orders will ship Mon Dec 16th********Check out our "Holiday SALES" section to see whats HOT for this years gift ideas!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]These peppers were supposed to be for a hotluck Christmas lunch at work for the 17th. There are 16 of us pepper heads here who will never and I mean never buy anything from BakersPeppers.  Just so you know this isn't made up here is the proof!! Of course he got the money..... now I am stuck with powder or frozen .....and if Dale needs anymore people who think he sucks as a business man. He just added 16 to the list!! He just totally screwed up my Company Christmas lunch paid on December 5th and maybe fresh peppers by Christmas??? Next time I am ordering from Pepper Lover or Sicman [/SIZE]

IMG_20131212_165846_zpsaead0a15.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Original Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Details[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Purchase From Baker's Peppers LLC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Completed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]-$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]Related Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Add Funds from a Bank Account[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

​

[SIZE=9pt]Business Name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Baker's Peppers LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified[/SIZE])
[SIZE=9pt]Email:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]CS@BakersPeppers.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Qty[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Item[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Options[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Price[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]1[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Mixed Sampler Fresh Peppers - 1 SFRB
Item # MXSP-1SFRB
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​

Browning said:
I apologize I should have stated that wasn't my intention.  That was meant to let the OP know why his order wasn't shipped.

I have not had an issue with Dale, but I despise PepperJoe.  I don't think pepper Joe was made to write that at all.  It seems that's just the kind of character he is.  Couple others who sell reaper seeds weighed in on it as well.  One mentioned, is he going to sue Dale now too? 

No worries at all, Browning :) We all have our own interactions with the sellers on here :)

Yep he should have posted the "Emergency Vacation" on his webpage before I ordered because poor planning on his part does not constitute and emergency on mine. Bottom line for me is I am new here and I have not been influenced by anyone before today. I have no part in the Pepperlover vs Bakers so called Drama by Dale. I only started researching Bakers when my order did not arrive and magically today Dale put up on his website no shipping orders this week.  I guarantee that my wife was not the only one that emailed and called with out any response from Dale. He can just add me to the list of people who thinks he has bad business practices and only cares about the $$$. Having owned 2 successful businesses I can say that if he continues this way he will be out of business. I will send my co-workers directly to Pepperlover now as I have firsthand experience not to do business again with Bakers!!

I myself would be overnighting orders placed last week at my expense just to show my customers how loyal of a business man I am. Let’s see Dale take that approach to save his reputation make a new better reputation.

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
I myself would be overnighting orders placed last week at my expense just to show my customers how loyal of a business man I am. Let’s see Dale take that approach to save his reputation make a new better reputation.

Some people never understand that concept... lose money on a deal to gain a repeat customer. Instead they are in cozy cabins counting nickels and dimes. I hope one day he can fill enough jars to visit Coinstar.

The Hot Pepper said:
Some people never understand that concept... lose money on a deal to gain a repeat customer. Instead they are in cozy cabins counting nickels and dimes. I hope one day he can fill enough jars to visit Coinstar.

Indeed... That's just Customer Service 101, the willingness to lose a few bucks to make more money & earn a customer for life, instead of pinching every penny to the point where Lincoln cries for mercy and screwing customers over in the process. Must be why PepperLover is so hot as a vendor, she could easily sell all those freebies she sends out, but by sending them along with her orders, she extends her customer base and earns customers for life

ItBurns said:
there is a bigger fallout ahead i assure you. and i am the one that will bring it to the forefront

That statement is begging for further clarification...

elcap1999 said:

Indeed... That's just Customer Service 101, the willingness to lose a few bucks to make more money & earn a customer for life, instead of pinching every penny to the point where Lincoln cries for mercy and screwing customers over in the process. Must be why PepperLover is so hot as a vendor, she could easily sell all those freebies she sends out, but by sending them along with her orders, she extends her customer base and earns customers for life

I was a smoker manufacture many years ago and I got a bad batch of high temp paint in that we used. I sent out $45,000 worth of smokers that the paint just fell off. My customers were so pissed as the cheapest smoker was $6,000. I could have taken the low road and said sorry smokers get hot paint peels. Nope what I did was apologies like I had just got caught doing something wrong. Told all my customers that I would do whatever it took to MAKE IT RIGHT. All of my customers were out of state. I offered to have there local paint shop pick up and return after they painted it to them and even offered loaners. It cost me $1,000s in making things right. I did not make a dime and lost plenty in what you can count money wise. But guess what, just so happened that I did Extreme Homemaker 6th show and FoodNet Work  I did a 2 hour show because one of my customer told another person about my MORALs and somebody thought I had what they needed. I then made plenty off both shows just by doing the right thing. A customer told me one time, “ If I like your BBQ I will tell all my friends, My response was either way you’re going to tell your friends I just want to make sure it’s good things you tell them. Same with Bakers Peppers , I am going to tell my friends….

I was a smoker manufacture many years ago and I got a bad batch of high temp paint in that we used. I sent out $45,000 worth of smokers that the paint just fell off. My customers were so pissed as the cheapest smoker was $6,000. I could have taken the low road and said sorry smokers get hot paint peels. Nope what I did was apologies like I had just got caught doing something wrong. Told all my customers that I would do whatever it took to MAKE IT RIGHT. All of my customers were out of state. I offered to have there local paint shop pick up and return after they painted it to them and even offered loaners. It cost me $1,000s in making things right. I did not make a dime and lost plenty in what you can count money wise. But guess what, just so happened that I did Extreme Homemaker 6th show and FoodNet Work  I did a 2 hour show because one of my customer told another person about my MORALs and somebody thought I had what they needed. I then made plenty off both shows just by doing the right thing. A customer told me one time, “ If I like your BBQ I will tell all my friends, My response was either way you’re going to tell your friends I just want to make sure it’s good things you tell them. Same with Bakers Peppers , I am going to tell my friends….

You can start with me because DALE did me WRONG!!

links to those episodes? :)

Amen!

I had a similar issue, where someone made a rather sizeable order from me of the powders and such I had made, and it was the biggest single order anyone had done for me. When it didn't arrive when it was supposed to, I sent a 2nd order to him no charge that day, and didn't charge him a thing. The got the new order and was ecstatic. Turns out the original order got damaged in transit, but I earned a customer for life.

I deal business with the government. A single transaction usually is well over a few thousand dollars. I have taken a $5,387 hit just to make sure that I had a truck in Grand Forks AFB to pick up a rolls royce aircraft engine and take it to Quebec. It sucked definitely, but I made the customer happy. That was 3 months ago, and I have yet to do more business with that air force base but I told them I would get it picked up so I did

ItBurns said:
he has until the 20th to fufill his obligations if he doesn't  you can prepare for some fireworks with massive amounts of evidence

Sorry but when I clicked that I agree to his terms, and he accepted my $20 from paypal the original contract according to Baker Peppers website was shipping the following MONDAY which was December 9th not the 16th. So no matter how you feel the contract was not honored and as of today Dale is not a man of Honor. A vacation is not an emergancy and when you own a business that depends on just in time shipping you make prior arrangements to ship.
Scoville DeVille said:
What.

Amotherf**kingtrainwreck.

on another note, I heard he burnt all of his "Reaper" plants to avoid controversy. (How is all of that workin out now?).

Hope your'e having a nice vacation Dale! :woohoo:

attachicon.gif
200122842-001.jpeg
Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.  ~David Star Jordan, The Philosophy of Despair

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking.  There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.  ~J.C. Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back