vendor Baker Peppers did me wrong!! Should have listened to THP and went with JUDY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife ordered peppers on December 5th for my birthday and a company Hotluck. Peppers should have shipped according to Dales website Monday the 9th so days later and 2 follow up emails, 1 phone message and no contact from Dale at ALL. No answering email and no phone just plain bad customer service period!!  So I check his website today as this was not up yesterday and low and behold:

[SIZE=large]*********Attention!!! There was no shipping done on 12/9/13...we were out of town last minute....all orders will ship Mon Dec 16th********Check out our "Holiday SALES" section to see whats HOT for this years gift ideas!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]These peppers were supposed to be for a hotluck Christmas lunch at work for the 17th. There are 16 of us pepper heads here who will never and I mean never buy anything from BakersPeppers.  Just so you know this isn't made up here is the proof!! Of course he got the money..... now I am stuck with powder or frozen .....and if Dale needs anymore people who think he sucks as a business man. He just added 16 to the list!! He just totally screwed up my Company Christmas lunch paid on December 5th and maybe fresh peppers by Christmas??? Next time I am ordering from Pepper Lover or Sicman [/SIZE]

IMG_20131212_165846_zpsaead0a15.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Original Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Details[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Purchase From Baker's Peppers LLC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Completed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]-$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]Related Transaction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Type[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Status[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] Dec 5, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Add Funds from a Bank Account[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt] CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]$19.99 USD [/SIZE]​

​

[SIZE=9pt]Business Name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Baker's Peppers LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified[/SIZE])
[SIZE=9pt]Email:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]CS@BakersPeppers.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Qty[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Item[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Options[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Price[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]1[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Mixed Sampler Fresh Peppers - 1 SFRB
Item # MXSP-1SFRB
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Amount[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]$19.99 USD[/SIZE]​

Scoville DeVille said:
I heard he burnt all of his "Reaper" plants to avoid controversy

Hope your'e having a nice vacation Dale! :woohoo:

I too heard he burned all his Reaper plants, then shortly thereafter began selling Reaper-based products. I saw a conundrum there... how could he sell products from plants he had burned to the ground.

elcap1999 said:

I too heard he burned all his Reaper plants, then shortly thereafter began selling Reaper-based products. I saw a conundrum there... how could he sell products from plants he had burned to the ground.

If you have integrity, nothing else matters.  If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.  ~Alan Simpson

The Hot Pepper said:

Some people never understand that concept... lose money on a deal to gain a repeat customer. Instead they are in cozy cabins counting nickels and dimes. I hope one day he can fill enough jars to visit Coinstar.

The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.  ~William Safire

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:

Sorry but when I clicked that I agree to his terms, and he accepted my $20 from paypal the original contract according to Baker Peppers website was shipping the following MONDAY which was December 9th not the 16th. So no matter how you feel the contract was not honored and as of today Dale is not a man of Honor. A vacation is not an emergancy and when you own a business that depends on just in time shipping you make prior arrangements to ship.
Let me restate this. I understand your frustration but 20 bucks is very small peanuts compared to what i'm willing to bring to the forefront . 
Please do not think i'm minimizing your claim or the effects you have dealt with due to Dales negligence .As i understand it is a very big deal even to the smallest customer and the delivery of a small order. You should expect a great deal more from a pepper grower with the arrogance and self proclaimed clout he states he has. More will become clear if he doesn't deliver on a 2 year standing agreement when he was small peanuts

The Hot Pepper said:
BSPH, ItBurns is speaking about his own issue there.
THP, This is not my issue. It's an issue that needs to be told. However,Dale needs to honor  his own commitment he made weeks ago. If he isn't willing to do so, I will do so.I am more than willing to expose him for the true buisnessman he is for what i would consider a friend of mine who is too nice to bring it to the public
I

I understand but I think BSPH was thinking you were referring to his issue, as far as fixing by the 20th.

If Dale is reading this, Dale, can you fix this? Do you have an employee that can fulfill the orders and remedy this situation? In the least, the ones that were quoted a ship date. You still have the power to address this.

ItBurns said:
let me reiterate i understand your frustration but 20 bucks is very small peanuts compared to what i'm willing to bring to the forefront . 
Please do not think i'm minimizing your claim or the effects you have dealt with due to dales negligence .As i understand it is a very big deal even to the smallest consumer and the delivery of a small order. You should expect a great deal more from a pepper grower with the arrogance and self proclaimed clout he states he has. More will become clear if he doesn't deliver on a 2 year standing agreement when he was small peanuts

It is more than $20 to me as my co-workers were counting on me to come through and now I have to make 15 apologies because I put my trust in another. It’s really not about money or peppers with me. It’s about honoring your own contract that he makes everyone click and agree too. I keep reading posts where he thinks others are trying to belittle him and my first encounter just confirmed it.

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.  ~Author Unknown

The Hot Pepper said:
I understand but I think BSPH was thinking you were referring to his issue, as far as fixing by the 20th.

If Dale is reading this, Dale, can you fix this? Do you have an employee that can fulfill the orders and remedy this situation? In the least, the ones that were quoted a ship date. You still have the power to address this.

according to his website all orders paid before Monday should be shipped the 9th. A big huge pepper grower like him probably pissed off 1000s of customers. LOL

[SIZE=small]SHIPPING POLICY:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small] We ship out every Monday. All orders received before 9 p.m. EST Sunday night will ship the following morning on Monday. All  orders after that time will ship the following Monday and so on. Please read this section in the "TERMS & CONDITIONS" page as well.[/SIZE]

It is more than $20 to me as my co-workers were counting on me to come through and now I have to make 15 apologies because I put my trust in another. It’s really not about money or peppers with me. It’s about honoring your own contract that he makes everyone click and agree too. I keep reading posts where he thinks others are trying to belittle him and my first encounter just confirmed it.

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.  ~Author Unknown

according to his website all orders paid before Monday should be shipped the 9th. A big huge pepper grower like him probably pissed off 1000s of customers. LOL

[SIZE=small]SHIPPING POLICY:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small] We ship out every Monday. All orders received before 9 p.m. EST Sunday night will ship the following morning on Monday. All  orders after that time will ship the following Monday and so on. Please read this section in the "TERMS & CONDITIONS" page as well.[/SIZE]
I completely understand your delima and I mean in no means undermine your issues but Dale is far more guilty than just unable to fulfilling a 20 dollar order to an individual order  However he is guilty of far worse than what has totally turned you off of him 

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of frozen, powder, sauce but the whole reason I ordered a mix box was so that 16 of us could cook with some fresh.
Never used Bakers Peppers but have used more than once pepperlover.com & texascreekproducts.com they are both very very good. These peppers are for a party on the 17th? Then you still have time to bring some spicy stuff to the party so its not a total loss of the event. Could do a bunch of homemade sauces and salsas/etc or buy a few store bought sauces i live in a very small town and we still have some blairs and etc to choose from at the grocery store. I know its not what you want and this post is about Bakers Peppers but im saying you can still have a spicy time at the party.

It is more than $20 to me as my co-workers were counting on me to come through and now I have to make 15 apologies because I put my trust in another. It’s really not about money or peppers with me.
If I had any fresh peppers, they would be on their way gratis.

Ridiculous situation for you.

Somebody help the brutha out!

Hophead said:

Never used Bakers Peppers but have used more than once pepperlover.com & texascreekproducts.com they are both very very good. These peppers are for a party on the 17th? Then you still have time to bring some spicy stuff to the party so its not a total loss of the event. Could do a bunch of homemade sauces and salsas/etc or buy a few store bought sauces i live in a very small town and we still have some blairs and etc to choose from at the grocery store. I know its not what you want and this post is about Bakers Peppers but im saying you can still have a spicy time at the party.

I have sauce, powders, frozen peppers for the lunch but the whole thing was that other co-workers need peppers to cook with. So instead of me bringing frozen and trying to keep them frozen I was going to bring fresh. Thats why my wife ordered them in plenty of time. Nobody wants a baggie of soft peppers on their desk for 8 hours when fresh is better.

I am drying some peppers as we speak and hopefully they will dry in time.
The Hot Pepper said:
If it will help I'll send a variety of sauces to you priority mail tomorrow.

No I am good but appreciate the offer....I have plenty of sauce, powder and dry peppers. Just no fresh

I've heard bad things about Baker's also so ive kinda strayed from them I've also had problems with another person but won't say any names I just think if you're going to sell things and be on the business side of things....keep it legit and remember the customer is ALWAYS right and if you're going to advertise something or tell a customer something then stick to it and don't do the people who put the food on ur table wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back