• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Baker's Peppers 2012 GLOG

Welcome everyone and thanks for dropping by to check out how things are going here at Baker's Peppers! This GLOG is more geared for everyone to just follow us and our production this year..nothing serious, just for fun :) Remember this all started in my other thread on here...heres the link.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26029-indoor-grow-area-build-grow-pics/page__fromsearch__1 ...now i will continue the progress here as im guessing you have seen enough seed germination and grow...lol...Now we move to the meat of the operation! :) Heres a few pics of what i currently have on the ground in the nursery....this isnt all of it, just some pics i snapped today of some areas im working on lately :)

Brain Strain Red

IMAG0220.jpg

Mix of stuff..ones up close are t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut indian carbon, choc t scorp and a few other types...far away on bench is T scorp Red Iso

IMAG0221.jpg

Up close is bhut jolokia yellow, in the middle area is t scorp red iso and far in the back is more bhut jolokia yellow

IMAG0222.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0223.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0224.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0225.jpg

Mix of stuff....choc bhut jolokia, t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut jolokia indian carbon, white bhut jolokia :)

IMAG0226.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow in the back.......T Scorp Red Iso up front :)

IMAG0227.jpg

T Scorp Red

IMAG0228.jpg

There is also about 2000+ still in the grow box inside....T Scorp Butch T, Red Bhut Jolokia, Brain Strain Red, 7 Pot Yellow, and T Scorp Red Iso..will get those pics posted tomorrow or the next day :)

To Be Continued......

UPDATE......

So the time has come where we are going to put some plants in the 500 4-gallon buckets with lids that i purchased a short while back....When i first purchased the buckets i did 1 of the 250 Braoin Strain Red plants im growing exclusively for these buckets....just so you know the other 250 buckets will be Trinidad Scorpion Red from Isolated seed stock...Here's the 1 bucket i put a 4" pot Brain in about 3 weeks ago...already BOOMING!!! And SOLID as a rock! This week i have been potting up the rest of the 4" Brain Strain Red in these buckets...finished today....will have pics up by saturday or so i hope....

IMAG1240.jpg

Also, this week my dad has been installing the pressurized drip system with the inline ferts (like an I.V. mainlined to these BABIES!!) Each plant will have a dripper spike right into the top of the bucket...again, those pics coming saturday as well
icon_smile.gif

Got the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga seeds in the mail yesterday that i purchased from The Hot Pooper...Thanks again boss!
icon_smile.gif
Here they all are soaked for 2 hours and them in some DIRT!! Got about 700 of them going now....600 from Pooper and another 100 i already had on hand... Like my friend AJ says...if theres no pics it didnt happen...so......

2 X 288 cell tray & 1 X 128 sell tray = 704
icon_smile.gif

IMAG1242.jpg

Heres the first 288
IMAG1244.jpg

Heres the second... Notice the last 2 rows in this flat.......Yellow Morugas and the BAD ASS MACK DADDY of all of the Morugas...the Trinidad Scorpion "Satan's Red" Moruga!! Those will be grown out at my home and done "Isolated" for seed stock purposes...
IMAG1246.jpg

IMAG1245.jpg

And heres the 128....
IMAG1243.jpg

To Be Continued....
I've been reading your glog and i might of missed it but what kind of mix is in your seed flats? Yes i know the season is over already.... Just trying to gather some info from the pros on here for next year....

The soil mix we use is "G-14 Super Top Secret Classified" info...lol...sorry...Just a mix of peat and some other stuff......not too hard to replicate with a lil trial and error :) Again, im terribly sorry, but some stuff has to stay "somewhat" secret :) Start with about 65% Peat and then start adding some common additives and it wont be long till you figure it out :) You see there...i ALMOST gave it all away...lol :)

K thanks Dale, but im tryin out some supersoil mix with perlite and vermiculite topped off with some good ol worm castings... Not sure if its goin to work better than plain ol dirt... That mixture im using for the pot up and just some seed startin mix for the startin tray

The soil mix we use is "G-14 Super Top Secret Classified" info...lol...sorry...Just a mix of peat and some other stuff......not too hard to replicate with a lil trial and error :) Again, im terribly sorry, but some stuff has to stay "somewhat" secret :) Start with about 65% Peat and then start adding some common additives and it wont be long till you figure it out :) You see there...i ALMOST gave it all away...lol :)

My guess is 65% peat and the other 35% spiced bourbon. That way you dont care so much if your germination rate tanks :P

Back