vendor Baker's Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Dale is a member here, but I still wanted to provide a review of a recent purchase I made from him. I was nervous about ordering live plants, but Baker's Peppers delivered a great product! I thought I'd start a review of Baker''s Peppers to provide other members with some reassurance about ordering live plants.

I purchased four live plants (two TS Morugas and two Butch Ts). All four arrived healthy and I even received some free seeds as well (7 Pod crossed with Naga Viper). I was very pleased with my order and would definitely do it again. Below are some pictures of the plants/seeds.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, every day would be entredankfest ~ Dwight Shrute

Seriously though, I'm on board with everyone else. If he says don't lose the paper, and you lost the paper, then its on you :/

Dale - an easy way around this would have been to associate names with the coupon numbers... It does make things a bit more customer friendly.
My aunt runs a business, and I know the perk of gift cards and so forth, and how profit is made through them, is because some people lose them before they can be cashed in... But angry customers tend not to be repeat customers. *shrug*

It is true that vouchers/coupons are given for a reason and in the great majority of instances they must be present to be honored, however sometimes it would be wise to give a little to gain alot. An amount now may return fivefold in the future...If privacy is a concern, a PM can accommodate that. Not all business needs to be done in an open forum. Just a thought....

Not everything is written in stone...even with BIG buisness. We got 13% off a new, in box, tv for the bedroom from Sams Club even though the price was set. just by asking ifthey would take it. Having zero room to 'budge' etc in the bizz world makes no sense to me. IMO. How many times does anyone pay the first set price for a vehicle? It's written on paper and told to the public, but yet, it's very 'moveable'....

Like I said, I think it's more of he spent a lot of money and got a little pack of seeds when others spend less or the same and are getting pods, powders, 'surpize seeds' etc. Just how i read it. idk..this keeps flagging my email alert :P

Gotta agree with Dale and 3/5 on this one. The terms of the voucher were clearly stated. You cannot get mad at a vendor if you don't live up to the terms yourself.

Also, are you complaining that you spent a lot of money and only got 1 pack of seeds as a freebie? That seems rather unfair. Be glad that you got anything free at all. Why would you feel entitled to free stuff? If I'm misreading what you posted then please accept my apologies.
Business is business- you are obviously short-term thinkers. I'm sure he can thrive without my business and lack of recommendations- not mad, OK. I could have mentioned other things concerning those purchases, but I am satisfied that has Dale probably understood my point by now. Vouchers are of no consequence, it's the essence of the current dealings that have devalued my custom, dollar.

ROUND 2... IMO jedi and i shouldve received our "lets make up gift" simple example... you order food.. you're POd because they messed up your food...

you complain and they say .. Everyone.. halt all orders and lets do this one we messed up again now... just my 2 cents.... if you dont like this comment ya'll are welcome.. i know im entitled.. i was the one wronged...

now they waiting continues for all...and seems like more drama has stirred up...

Mods.. sorry.. but just my 2 cents on this vendor..

ROUND 2... IMO jedi and i shouldve received our "lets make up gift" simple example... you order food.. you're POd because they messed up your food...

you complain and they say .. Everyone.. halt all orders and lets do this one we messed up again now... just my 2 cents.... if you dont like this comment ya'll are welcome.. i know im entitled.. i was the one wronged...

now they waiting continues for all...and seems like more drama has stirred up...

Mods.. sorry.. but just my 2 cents on this vendor..
where's our swag bro?

I ordered some red brain strains from Baker's Peppers early last week. They arrived fine. Included were some "bonus" morugas. Some could say that the morugas were "fillers." I don't see it that way. If they were jalapenos, then yes, I'd think fillers. Fact is, I got some morugas to taste and for seed. Seeds I didn't have before and couldn't find when I was ordering seeds.

I personally am satisfied. I just ordered a "mixed box o'peppers" to see if there is anything else interesting to grow.

Just my 0.02.

I ordered another mixed box a couple of weeks ago and some (25-35%) pods came mushy ... sent Dale a PM which he responded to that evening, I then sent him some pics, and he apologized and sent a full box the following Tuesday ... all's well ...

Between all of the peppers I bought from Rich and these from Dale, I'm all set until my own pods are back in full swing from the BLS and heat (thankfully, my plants are setting pods again now that the rains are cooling off the evening temps - I think that's what's changed, anyways) ...

f355ad8f.jpg

where's our swag bro?
who knows....wish i knew as well..

I ordered another mixed box a couple of weeks ago and some (25-35%) pods came mushy ... sent Dale a PM which he responded to that evening, I then sent him some pics, and he apologized and sent a full box the following Tuesday ... all's well ...

Between all of the peppers I bought from Rich and these from Dale, I'm all set until my own pods are back in full swing from the BLS and heat (thankfully, my plants are setting pods again now that the rains are cooling off the evening temps - I think that's what's changed, anyways) ...

f355ad8f.jpg

wish he had dealt with my order that way.. still havent heard from him regarding the FREEEEE stuff

I find this pretty awesome... ordered a few times from bakers... always had a few mushy peppers... received a bunch of pods I didn't feel were yellow brains when they were suppose to be... never a freebie... But that is just the life of ordering across the country from someone you don't know right ?

Just glad my own pods are coming in and I have the ability to grow year round.

Word Life.

--Mega

I find this pretty awesome... ordered a few times from bakers... always had a few mushy peppers... received a bunch of pods I didn't feel were yellow brains when they were suppose to be... never a freebie... But that is just the life of ordering across the country from someone you don't know right ?

Just glad my own pods are coming in and I have the ability to grow year round.

Word Life.

--Mega

8a6f2114.jpg

mega your babies u sent me are the one far right.. 8 mega super hot mix... thanks

well for me.. it was $50 worth of NON- lookin brains.. i had 1 that looked like it....

Received a PM from bakers... informed him I would edit my post:

It should be known that I ordered multiple times from Bakers.

All in all I am a happy camper. Ate some whole pods which blew the heads off of me and my friends... made some pretty good sauces... some good flakes... Were some of the pods big, awesome, and tasty... hell yeah. Were some of the pods I received mushy, not what i ordered... no freebies... never received the discount we discussed when i over paid for the first auction... yeah... Is this the nature of doing business online ? Yeah. Do I still refer people to Bakers... yeah. Would I order again... yeah.

My idea is this... you want 100 percent... grow them at home. If you want a lot of peppers off season or different varieties, etc... buy or trade for them... and enjoy... I certainly enjoyed everything I have received from Bakers all things considered.

Some things good... some things not so good.

-- MegaSpokaneMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back