• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bam's First Glog

First time growing peppers, lets see how this goes.

Right now they are in Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

Thai Chili's

11ag4cx.jpg

Red Scotch Bonnet

102jpe0.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion

29xum86.jpg

Carolina Reaper

2hykpwo.jpg

Yellow Scotch Bonnet

n6b90h.jpg

Chocolate Scotch Bonnet

xkyntg.jpg

Peach Habanero

2vwdxxs.jpg

because we have animals that like to dig, i had to build

2uiuow6.jpg

a32oli.jpg

rjjev8.jpg

2m7vz0p.jpg

157ljrq.jpg

resting safely in their new home

We will be adding more plants as well as repotting the Habs, Yellow scotch bonnets and Carolina Reapers today

n46vyp.jpg

14mxgrr.jpg

new arrivals today from lazyoxfarm.com

they all look very healthy....USPS beat the box up but they all survived

6zbsht.jpg

promise it wasnt "this side up" when it arrived on my front porch..lol

aw3wqh.jpg

oqlnci.jpg

BamsBBQ said:
i said enough peppers, the better half said nope we need these to make "Hots" aka  Pastene Crushed Peppers

2md2t1h.jpg

s1875i.jpg
Lol In my house it's the opposite , I say "I just need to get these extra few varieties" .. And all I hear is " How can you need anymore, what difference will it make " lol..

But she still lets me because she's a great wife

KrakenPeppers said:
Lol In my house it's the opposite , I say "I just need to get these extra few varieties" .. And all I hear is " How can you need anymore, what difference will it make " lol..

But she still lets me because she's a great wife
i told her that i was going to run out of space once the peppers start getting bigger, her response was "Use all of the yard as long as you keep care of the plants" woot woot i love my girl :)

bought 4 more Ghost Peppers today

2 in 1 gallon pots - very dark green leaves
2 in solo sized cups, same color as my other pepper leaves

and since my two plants in the self watering containers are double the sized as the ones of the same age in regular pots, i am going to grow all of them in self containers

2rwqmqg.jpg

santis00 said:
I like those self watering pots you made! Very cool. How well are they working for you?
i planted a Peter Pepper in a self watering and one in regular pot.... self watering plant is bigger
i planted a chocolate scotch bonnet in another bucket and its bigger than in a regular container.

i am not sure if its the container but i wanted a high yield out of my Bhuts so decided to try this

from this 

nq4yd.jpg

to, my sunshades are ready for the summer

11sgos3.jpg

2rwsx06.jpg

3143xhd.jpg

only staying open if plants get too tall or it gets too hot in there

152p3pe.jpg

6tg2u0.jpg

this is how it will look most of the time - including the sunshade, it cost me about $50 to build 5X16ft with a few feet over hang

295brbr.jpg

3 new 2 ft Bhuts = $12.50 ea

lots of flowers, lots of potential

2l9ias0.jpg

169kbrm.jpg

first pod on this plant

2nk000y.jpg

a welcome friend

29ge8gn.jpg

Peach Habs finally started looking healthy

2d8gt38.jpg

KrakenPeppers said:
It's all starting to look really healthy and under control .. Good job, I look forward to seeing your pods!
thanks... many are starting to get flowers on them, some are kind of small so i have been plucking them off....others, i am just letting nature do its thing.... they are all in 3 gallon to 15 gallon pots except a few that need to still be potted up eventually... hoping for plenty of pods.

Back