• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Banned From the Kitchen

Hot Love

shayneyasinski said:
I have been banned from the kitchen, kissing after hot stuff, and sex as a result of not washing my hands good enough to have them not make everything I touch burn

Yeah-- Just last week I pickled some Habaneros without gloves, and when the missus came home we got frisky (naked), :) and she started calling me hot, and that was the end of that. She ran to the bathroom. Bless her soul!!

Well I am at it again. Seems with enough advance notice she and the boy are willing to go vist Grandma and allow me in the kitchen to make sauce. She did make sure that I have the windows and doors open though before she left. Still fumed myself out, but have three pots of sauce on the stove to show for my efforts. Roasted Fatalli, Peach Habanero and Plum, and Red Habanero, Thai, and Garlic. I'm guessing between the three I've got about 20-25 woozies. That'll make some nice gifts. This is all thanks to my latest (and best) harvest and my finds at the local farmer's market. Can't wait to try them!

have you tasted it yet JayT?...curious how yours turned out...I only have one jar left of mine and that will go pretty quickly...

AlabamaJack said:
have you tasted it yet JayT?...curious how yours turned out...I only have one jar left of mine and that will go pretty quickly...

OHHHH AJ!!!! Man is this stuff good! I have carried a bottle around with me ever since it was cool enough to handle last night. I couldn't get on here for some reason so I couldn't tell you, but thanks so much for the idea! This is definitely one of if not the best sauce I've ever made. It was a small batch probably about 6-8 woozies. I have it in a big mason jar now. I used about 10 plums and about 25 peach and orange habs. Oh yummmmmm. I had to add a little turbinado sugar because the plums were a little tart with the lime juice, but that and a little sea salt are the extent of the ingredients. The red hab thai garlic sauce and the roasted fatalii sauce turned out good as well. They are hotter, but I think the plum one is the gem of the three. I think I know what I will be making with the last harvest of habaneros...

Oh and on topic of banned, the house still smells like peppers now 24 hours later. And my nose finally stopped hurting and running at about noon. Finally my hands STILL hurt. Someday I will learn. Can't imagine what it would have been like with nagas. This was about ten pounds of peppers I cut up. It was when they came out of the oven steaming that they really killed me. I was vaporized. Thank God no one else was here.

JayT said:
OHHHH AJ!!!! Man is this stuff good! I have carried a bottle around with me ever since it was cool enough to handle last night. I couldn't get on here for some reason so I couldn't tell you, but thanks so much for the idea! This is definitely one of if not the best sauce I've ever made.......This was about ten pounds of peppers I cut up. It was when they came out of the oven steaming that they really killed me. I was vaporized.
Congrats! It sounds like you've made a real keeper. You cut those all up by hand? Man, I bought a food processor about 20 years ago and the thing still works perfectly. 10 pounds by hand....damn! I can't imagine what it was like with the steam hitting you right in the face all at once. I prolly would have run around the kitchen whining like a hurt pup!

I have a food processor, but I just cut them up into thirds then roasted them. When they were done I put them in their respective pots and after the vinegar/lime juice etc was added I used my immersion blender. Yeah it was a lot.

JayT said:
I have a food processor, but I just cut them up into thirds then roasted them. When they were done I put them in their respective pots and after the vinegar/lime juice etc was added I used my immersion blender. Yeah it was a lot.
Now you've lost me. I haven't done a search on it yet, but for now, I don't have a single clue what an immersion blender is. I have a really old one that's the regular bucket on a blade type thing.

I'm going to go look for immersion blender on the web now.....I'm trying to imagine why it would be called an immersion blender......

I'll be back....hehe

Ok, I'm back. That's pretty cool. I've never seen one. I'll take it they don't splash somehow. I can see it's a tool I'd use a lot. Is any particular brand of one better and sturdier than others?

Immersion blender is just a stick like blender that sits on the bottom of the pot or bowl and allows you to blend in the kettle. it's great for pureeing soup or anything you want reduced. Also works great in a glass of ice cream for sodas. Cheap too, usually under $20.00.

Yeah I've seen them for around there Jackie, but as a gift for Christmas I was given a stainless heavy duty one that goes for more like $100. It's cordless which does have it's limitations I found out last night. Only lasted about an hour of blending time.

I have 2 Immersion blenders. 1 is for my "hot" mixing and the other is for all else..they both look exactly the same..

I got yelled at the other day cause the g/f got my one out of the draw and used it to mix up a small pudding (yes i have black pen all over it saying "HOT" but she was in a rush). I used it only a day before to make some chocolate hab mixture... hehe

Well it was a nice warm pudding that tingled for a few minutes afterwards. I loved it cause noone else would eat it.....

Anyway,They are a great bit of gear and are great in the hot suace mixtures cause you can mix in the pot and you don't get any splash...

Mmmmmmmmm hot pudding... That's it. IGG can have pie, I will claim pudding. Banana to be exact. Vanilla and chocolate are good too. I like pudding.

i havent been kicked out of the kichen, but ive certainly made everyone leave the kitchen (and ajoining rooms) while making my sauces, wings, and all other things spicy... on a side note, do any of you have to cook two meals when you cook with spice? i always end up making a "me" batch and a "everyone else" batch that isnt as hot

shayneyasinski said:
I have been banned from the kitchen, kissing after hot stuff, and sex as a result of not washing my hands good enough to have them not make everything I touch burn

LMAO - i can relate....needless to say the wife was not happy..

Sid03SVT said:
do any of you have to cook two meals when you cook with spice? i always end up making a "me" batch and a "everyone else" batch that isnt as hot

I used to do that but the wife is turning slowly but surely into a true chilihead...I cook it spicy then add some more pepper powder to it that I have mixed with salt....

I'm with AJ, I stopped doing that and have some powder and hot sauce handy in case I want more heat to my batch.

Back