• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Banned From the Kitchen

AlabamaJack said:
I used to do that but the wife is turning slowly but surely into a true chilihead...I cook it spicy then add some more pepper powder to it that I have mixed with salt....
Hahahaaha, when she walks through your back yard, it must burn a little. hehe

Man, she has to develop a tolerance for peppers just to live in your house!

One of the people where I work said the other day "I'm not touching that! It might be one of Nats creations". It must be the same at your house.

the boys at work want me to start labelling what I bring in with numbers 1-10+ for heat so they will know...what I told them is "assume everything I bring in is 10+...

I tried to tell them I am not making it for them, I am making it for me and if they want some, they are certainly welcome to it...

moyboy said:
Well it was a nice warm pudding that tingled for a few minutes afterwards. I loved it cause noone else would eat it.....

I love it sweet and spicy!

AlabamaJack said:
the boys at work want me to start labelling what I bring in with numbers 1-10+ for heat so they will know...what I told them is "assume everything I bring in is 10+...

I tried to tell them I am not making it for them, I am making it for me and if they want some, they are certainly welcome to it...

If their mamas don't fix them a lunch box they will have to take the heat.

AlabamaJack said:

What cracks me up at work is the "tough guys" who talk a mean streak about how hot they love their food, but the first taste of my #10 sauce that's a mix of Nagas, Datils and Cayenne and they start babbling about "Man, that stuff is too hot to use on food!" I told one guy that it's really, really hot and to be careful, so what's the guy do? He sticks half his finger in it and sticks it in his mouth. His expression was worth a million. 5 minutes later his face was covered in sweat and he was whining like a puppy. hehe

I was banned ages ago. might have had something to do with spraying the kitchen with minced habs after picking the half full blender up with the lid off and pressing the pulse buttion with the palm of my hand.

I'm now forced to cook in the outdoor kitchen (aka barbecue). I use a stabber style blender now. they don't splash provided you submerge them below the level of the liquid/food being blended. tip: in your excitement to get started, don't press the on switch before the blades hit the food.

I have to open all the windows and doors when I make it at home. Lately, at the commercial kitchen, I have to come in after 11pm... Even with their heavy duty exhaust fans.

More on that later..............................................................................................................................................

My wife has no problem with the heat. But she doesn't like it when my stuff (dehydrator, Magic Bullet, apple cutter) is around occupying her space. But relief is on the way! In spring we will move to another rental house with a little granny unit in the basement. She told me that the kitchenette is supposed to be my chili lab.

I can't use my dehydrator in the kitchen even if I open the windows...my parents really hate the flavour of chinense peppers (sincerely I believe them), every other thing like sauce making, and pepper processing is accepted!
Now I have to use my dehydrator with peppers loaded on with onions and other spices to make a rub.....fortunately I found another place to do this!

I cut onions in slices and put them in the lower plate of the dehydrator, cause they have the higher content of water. Later I add bell pepper, garlic, rozmarin and laur(I hope these words are right)...it's a wonderful powder!!

Back