• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

cooking Barceloneta Potato Bombas

Hi guys!
The area I live in doesnt allow me to buy Padron peppers, so Im growing them. Pimientos De Padrón is Padron peppers sauteed in olive oil and sea salt, eaten like popcorn. They have been referd as pepper roulette as 9 out of 10 are mild, but watch out for that 1, which is surprisingly hot!! I like to cook, and I like an assortment of food. So Ive been looking up Tapas recipes, which led me to Padron! There are plenty of different Tapas (side orders?) and you can look them up on google. But there is one recipe that is the BOMB! and I hope I can add my homegrown peppers along side.

Potato Bombas are basically a deep fried breaded meat stuffed potato ball. Tasty enough by themselves. But add the allioli sauce, and bravas sauce and you enter a new world of orgasmic taste bud delight! Here is the link to my go to recipe.

Barceloneta Potato Bombas

I hope you give it a try. Serve them along side a bunch of sides to make a meal.

*******NOTE*******
The Allioli part of this recipe makes 1/2 cup of garlic oil for use on other recipes.
Just use 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil and brown the garlic, adjusted to taste. Then add that amount to the blend. I myself use 3 cloves in 1 tablespoon of oil, then mix. The cooking directions apply, just do it small scale unless you want the extra garlic oil.

Dont do this!!!!​

Allioli:​

• ▢ 6 cloves garlic peeled and left whole
  • ▢ ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
If you find yourself with extra sauce, try the following...
The BEST Sandwich of your Life

I just use the previous sauce recipe..

Yummy!

Last edited:
Back