• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY'S 2020 GLOG

due to illness and surgery im behind schedule. but happy to say ive got a bunch of plants rolling now and more on the way! ive got a dozen or so I over wintered that will give me a head start in the spring.

IAyyzak.jpg

9L22HLi.jpg

CwBYlz9.jpg

vX0cyjw.jpg

N11d8ZE.jpg

InxQ5Yl.jpg

E0L2PH3.jpg

g4Cw7Pl.jpg

Bdvuz5Y.jpg

CaneDog said:
Wow!  Those look great.  Looks like you got a bit more size out of the pods than I did.  Seems they're doing well for you.

Was there any heat to them?  The couple early pods I tried didn't have much, but I was hoping it would improve as the weather here heated up.
the weather has been less than ideal.  I was happy with the size but I feel they could do a little better with better weather. 

the taste was good.little sweet, little heat.  smelled exactly like a jalapeno. 

im hoping to get a bunch more if the tropical storm doesn't  destroy all my hard work.

storm came through and made a horrible mess. knocked down 80% of my plants. got them all upright again with new stakes.  now to see who survives.

CaneDog said:
I hope they bounce right back, too.  Has to be super frustrating to see the storm damage after all that work, but I'm still expecting your plants to grow into a jungle this season.  Good luck!

thanks!  its really frustrating. we never get storms this bad so early.    I think it might be too late to get at jungle level.  at this time last year 90% of my plants were 5 foot or better. not this year.  its disappointing.   continuing to carry on though. 

the destruction caused by the storm. still waiting to see how bad they'll all be after I got them upright.

cucumber trellis fell on my 5 reapers. at least one huge branch broken. and one of my Thai pepper plants broke in half, of course it was the best growing one.

6f2cqpa.jpg

feMSL6A.jpg

all tomato's leaning badly or fell.

2iz7BE6.jpg

HpLSwCc.jpg

2GTKr0u.jpg

looks can be deceiving, almost all of these plants were laying down.  had to redo all the stakes. 

HRNd28X.jpg

gUg7llu.jpg

Can't like that last post Scott. You folks over on the eastern side got slammed pretty hard. Over here to the west, we only got 1.5" of rain and 25mph wind - no biggie. It looks like you got them all back upright. Plants are resilient. I'm still thinking jungle by Fall for ya.

I appreciate the encouragement guys.  im out each day trying to help them along.   waiting to see if the roots were damaged when they got knocked down.

I'm just glad I put most of the rocoto's in pots. the three that survived this season in pots I brought inside. they're back out now.  id like to get a handful of pods from them but its very slow going. so they'll be overwintered.

little rough but the plants are bouncing back.

dvAhwSs.jpg

VvEt6nZ.jpg

NHMtSqM.jpg

pods steadily growing.

GCPncAN.jpg

LartO1o.jpg

3ldHtus.jpg

8heLXEI.jpg

xfPHdlo.jpg

eBkZIHi.jpg

ZQrAsKQ.jpg

not sure what color the trippaul wants to be.
 last year they were all white.
EvQykYG.jpg

nsy6f9q.jpg

cd's cross contining to produce.
CMg3rWm.jpg

3 year old habanada
YhtmCdE.jpg

huge reaper

yFH3sa1.jpg

thunder mtn

w5ASYJr.jpg

Back