• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Showdown Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
I don't think that is D3's final post no name or description and 9 pics.

However the pic size is fine for me my browser adjusts it. On a phone fine on computer fine what is the issue?

When I edit a quoted post, I have to navigate 12 acres of photos.

I could've sworn I took some pics after I flipped the patties to show the brown and then melty cheese. I guess not. Or maybe photo dumpster lost them. Oh well.

This is pretty, though.
IMG_1799_zpscmc0xggw.jpg

D3's Bacon Cheese Extreme!!!!
 ​
VLLwwib.jpg

Everything Brioche bun:

• 1 cup warm water
  • 3 tablespoons warm milk
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 21/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 cups bread flower
  • 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
  • everything bagel style seasoning. Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced garlic, minced onion
Directions

1. Combine water, milk, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy. In mean time beat one egg
  2. In large bowl combine the flours and salt, add butter to to flour and rub into flour with fingers making crumbs. Stir in yeast and egg until it forms a dough. Scrape onto well floured surface and kneed for ten minutes.
  3. Shape dough into ball and return to bowl, cover and let rise until doubled for 1-2 hours
  4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut dough into equal parts (unless forming a giant bun) roll into balls and space 2-3 inches apart. Cover loosely with nonstick spray coated plastic wrap. Let rise for 1-2 hours. 
  5. Place large pan of water on bottom of stove, preheat over to 400f with rack in center. Make egg wash with remaining egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush onto buns and sprinkle everything mix over them.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown, remove from oven and place on cooling rack. 
TJ1uor3.jpg

Bacon Jam:

• 6 pieces of bacon chopped
  • 1 sweet onion diced
  • 2T brown sugar
  • 1T maple syrup
  • 2T sherry
  • 1T balsamic vinegar
  1. Brown bacon in pan, remove and strain all but 1T oil
  2. Caramelize onions in remaining bacon fat, once clear add sherry and simmer until liquid is dissolved/absorbed. Return bacon to pan, saute for 1 min. Add syrup, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
  3. transfer to food processor and puree until desired texture. 
Pepper Relish:

• 1/2lb red pepper
  • 1/2lb jalapenos and habanero
  • 1/2lb yellow onion
  • 1T kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup ACV
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  1. Place Peppers and Onion in food processor, pulse until finely chopped
  2. transfer to steel mesh strainer and set inside bowl, stir in salt and let sit for 2-3 hours dumping liquid out of bowl periodically.
  3. Rinse under cold water and strain pushing water out using a spatula to remove as much water as possible
  4. In med saucepan bring vinegar and sugar to a boil. Add pepper mixture, reduce heat to med low and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. While hot transfer to ball jar and let cool until room temp. Store in fridge. 

Meat Grind

• 4 peaces of bacon
  • 1lb ny strip
  • 1lb sirloin
  • 2lb chuck 80/20
  1. Run through meat grinder and form patties. Season as desired. Smoke over applewood at 200f until desired doneness

5eyoyGv.jpg

Fried Cheese Curds:
  • 1lb wisconsin white cheddar cheese curds
  • 1 1/2 cup butter milk
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 quarts vegetable oil
  1. Heat oil to 375
  2. whisk together buttermilk, flour, baking soda, garlic salt and egg until smooth.
  3. coat several curds with batter
  4. fry a few at a time for several seconds until golden brown
  5. drain on a paper towl. 
  6. Repeat for fried Habanero. 
The Build: From bottom to top
  • toasted bun
  • Bacon jam
  • Patty with cheese (havarti, gouda, cheddar)
  • bacon
  • Patty with cheese
  • local bbq place house made pickles
  • Bacon cheese poppers
  • Onion straws
  • Fried Wisconsin Cheese Curds
  • Top bun with Merkts Cheddar and Pepper Relish
  • Topped with fried Habanero and Cheese curd
QFTF4lI.jpg

0GFFVYl.jpg

Enjoy!

kVtQhTp.jpg

So I'm not honestly sure if I'll be able to participate this month. I'm having heart trouble and I probably should have went to the ER today. symptoms are under control. My blood pressures dropping below 100 over 50 and my heart rates fluctuating between 60 and 115 bpms while resting and I fell today from it. Seriously not trying to back out, but I'm not sure if I can handle going to the store and spending time in the kitchen. Next month you'll all be going down. I'm seriously disappointed I can't pull out the fryer. If i'm doing better in the morning I'll see about it. But I was fighting my parents to not go to the hospital. I've been out of work for a week because of it. I see the cardiologist on the 15th and already spent a night in the hospital this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back