• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Throwdown (PATTY WARS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! You guys like double cheeseburgers like we do... but you put us to shame! Awesome!!!

If you need help constructing your final post (2 pics, all cooking/ingredients info) I will help you edit.

(Edit: moved your post content to correct post.)

Guys, don't forget to post your cooking methods! You can show grilling in your prep, but don't assume everyone will remember that in the final.

Booma please post the maple bacon jam recipe with the post, it sounds amazing paired with the gouda, pickle, etc. And how you cooked it. Grilled I imagine. :)

Key, the jucy lucy, cooked perfectly. Wow. Never seen one that had the shape of a double cheeseburger attached in the middle. I've only seen a big round burger. I really like that! From the side it looks like a double... but it's one, with metly cheese and MR to center. Perfect! Nice beef blend. Have to read up on the rest of what you did. I know the pump went well with the mango cheese, and the acidity from the pickle helped cut that sweetness with some tang.

Hope you guys enjoy my fancy cell phone pics  :beer:
throwdown2_zps45eafaaa.jpg

Yeah FD, look up. He's trying to top your man gravy! Better get in there!

Okay.... I started off with a pound of Quinoa....

No I didn't! Just kidding!

The All American Burger

The patties:

2 lbs of ground chuck
1 lb of ground veal
1 lb of ground pork
8 oz of Louisiana Brand hot sauce (approx. est.)
2 tbsp of kosher salt
2 tbsp of black pepper
1 tbsp of garlic powder
2 onions, finely chopped

Blended and folded all ingredients together and formed in to 16 patties. Keep in mind, it's a BURGER. No need to get all crazy and complicated. It's a burger. Let's make it good!

Tossed them on the grill (charcoal) and cooked

Topped with home grown roma tomatoes, onions, pickles, avocado, mustard. white American Cheese, Sriracha mayo (1 cup of mayo, 1 tsp lime juice, 2 tbsp Sriracha) on a toasted sesame seed bun

14346393986_6bc309a082_h.jpg

And I forgot the POL in the first cut in half pic, so I had to do it after I ate the first half

14389650023_a177049ce1_h.jpg

A tad overdone for my taste, but due to the pork and veal blend, still PLENTY moist and juicy!

Breakfast Burger of Champions-

Ingredients:
Frosty's- Maple Glazed Donut- If you haven't had one of these- think krispy kreme only much better
Chuck tail flap(boneless short ribs)- 8oz
Brisket Point-8oz
Slab bacon-3 slices ground-3 slices for topping
Shallot-1 medium
Garlic Clove-2 large
Devils dust- mix of my own yellow 7's,yellow brains,chocolate nagas
Boar's Head Cheddar Cheese- 2 slices
1 Large egg- from my own hens fresh this morning
S/P to taste

Directions.
1.Cut brisket and chuck tail flap into strips add the bacon and freeze for 20-30 minutes- Don't freeze solid just chilled enough to help with grind.
2. Precook your bacon for topping in the oven- I keep this warm on the bbq
3.Grind half meat/bacon then run through the shallot and garlic followed by the rest of the meat/bacon-chill. 
4. Make your burgers and then place back into refrigerator while the charcoal is getting ready. I used hardwood lump charcoal,wicked good brand's weekend warrior blend. 
5. Grill burger to desired temp/top with cheese while the maple glazed donut is being grilled. s/p to taste
6. Let burger rest for 2 minutes while you use some of the bacon fat from oven cooking to fry the egg over easy. 
7. Assemble burger and add just a light dusting of Devil's dust on the egg
8. Cut and enjoy- this was sinfully good the fried egg really ties the room together

Wanted to do something fun for the td. If you haven't tried something like this you really should. It's one of those once in a great while thing's. Unless you want to die young  :cheers:  
throw2_zps21ac657c.jpg

And the money shot
throw4_zps9604e915.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back