• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Combo de Mayo Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimichurri:*

1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup broad leaf parsley
3 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons dry oregano
1/2 olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
motorboat this with your immersion blender

*Note: There is a sauce called Salsa Verde Talla which is very similar to chimichurri and is what they traditionally used on this dish. I'll write out the recipe I found.

Salsa Verde Talla:

1 manojo de perejic (bundle of parsley)
1/3 cebolla (onion)
1/4 comino (cumin)
1 ajo (garlic)
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 taza de aceite de olivo (1/4 cup of olive oil)
sal (salt)

Blend to paste consistency.

There Boss. The Mexican variation of Chimichurri. :P

No matter how good one dish looks here, I'll be paying close attention to what a combo meal is when I vote. Is something really a side order? Do I want the same meat twice? All of these things matter on my combo plate. So one item may be killer, but the other may kill it.

STILL TIME TO ENTER!

No matter how good one dish looks here, I'll be paying close attention to what a combo meal is when I vote. Is something really a side order? Do I want the same meat twice? All of these things matter on my combo plate. So one item may be killer, but the other may kill it.

STILL TIME TO ENTER!

I get why you may have a preference to having two different meats on a combo plate. Just as some may like their favorite type of meat done two different ways. That's a matter of personal preference. Fine. But to suggest that having more on the table than just one plate and one drink will sway your vote to someone else, when you can easily turn your voting attention to just include the combo plate and drink, doesn't make sense.

I didn't understand that Sum. What did I suggest?

Anyway... just saying I'm voting for the combo here. One thing may look awesome but for me the other has to also and two things I think I will enjoy together. And I haven't decided yetttttttt so chillllll lol.

Oh I meant if the actual combo is a side, instead of a main dish.

A side order is ribs with slaw. A combo meal is ribs with a pulled pork sandwich. Entry #2 looks like a slaw side. However I will eyeball that again, just commenting. Now you made me point one out you bastige.

jajaja. I realized about two minutes ago that I had misread your statement.

I purposefully put extra tortillas on a separate plate so people wouldn't think the fish was meant to be consumed as a taco... that would be two popular items.

Strategic! And I noticed that. :)

Any late entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back