• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Mexican TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
chile pepper seeds- $16
buckets, dirt, fertilizer, stakes, lights- $480
house in the country with no neighbors- $240,000
picking fresh chiles on a sunny morning in pajamas- priceless

1a60cd2f.jpg

These are for today.

Great start there, mesatrin! Setting the bar nice and high.

chile pepper seeds- $16
buckets, dirt, fertilizer, stakes, lights- $480
house in the country with no neighbors- $240,000
picking fresh chiles on a sunny morning in pajamas- priceless

I did it naked.......

.....till the UPS man rounded the corner of my house and caught me.

I did it naked.......

.....till the UPS man rounded the corner of my house and caught me.

too bad it wasn't the UPS LADY. :eek:

I'm over at DeVille's house dropping off the fatalii's and guess what I got next to the keyboard??? Hint- it's muddled...;)

That is a helluva entry to start things off. Now, anyone know how to make mole?

Which kind? I've made mole poblano, mole coloradito, and pipián. Thinking about doing one of these if time allows. It's a LOT of work and doesn't look that impressive on a plate though. :D

Dang, mesatrin - you're in my timezone ..... Eating all THAT at 4am????? Impressive!

I wasn't eating it at 4 am. It is from last night, that is just what time I woke up. I have a problem sleeping in even on weekends because I get up so early for work every day. The boss of the house kept telling me I was spending too much time on the computer last night so I didn't get a chance to finish process until this morning.

The food was good. I am not much of a photographer but I have been excited to get into another one since the bowl competition. It just hasn't worked out for one reason or another until this one.

I can't wait to see what other people come up with. I especially can't wait to see what the baby turns into LunchBox. :rofl:

OK SL, I now understand your strategy. Stop by with some Fatali's, have a Grito Verde, and you know one ain't enough for me... NOW I'M HALF JARD! Yup it's 1:10 and I'm half in the bag.....
MY FIRST TD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ok ok... I can do this..... Focus....

focus....

OK SL, I now understand your strategy. Stop by with some Fatali's, have a Grito Verde, and you know one ain't enough for me... NOW I'M HALF JARD! Yup it's 1:10 and I'm half in the bag.....
MY FIRST TD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ok ok... I can do this..... Focus....

focus....

who, ME? :halo:

;)

OK, here goes. Disclaimer: I've used this before in the popper throwdown, but this time I tweaked it a bit. I hope that's ok. Also, the first attempt didn't come out too good. The filling was too runny to make for good poppers. So I ran to the store and got more jalapenos and I re-did the filling with my leftovers. MUCH better the second time around.

Impy's Chicken Enchilada Poppers

Ingredients:

Chicken breast
Jalapenos
Red enchilada sauce
Drunken Goat cheese
Whipped cream cheese
Bhut Jolokia
Habanero powder

Chicken simmering in the enchilada sauce with bhut pieces

IMAG0595.jpg

Drunken goat and chicken pieces. When I was shredding everything, I DID NOT intentionally make the ingredients into a heart! That's just how it formed as I was pushing them aside!

IMAG0604.jpg

Drunken goat, chicken, cream cheese, splash of enchilada sauce, and habanero powder went into the filling.

IMAG0605.jpg

Plated pic!

IMAG0608.jpg

Now, I was not aware that we also had to do a salsa. LUCKILY I just happened to have some salsa on hand that I "made." Really, it's just a mix of 3 different salsas and bhut pieces. As a snack, I've been known to eat JUST salsa by the spoonfull. Ever since I got those bhuts this has been an entirely different experience!!!

IMAG0620.jpg

YUM, YUM, YUM! Those look so all kindsa right! What is Drunken Goat Cheese? We only have the sober kind here...and the drunk kind would definitely get along better with the stuff in the fridge! Are you getting Bhut Addicted????!!! It's the high, ain't it? heh, heh Kudos Impy!!!!!!! :)

YUM, YUM, YUM! Those look so all kindsa right! What is Drunken Goat Cheese? We only have the sober kind here...and the drunk kind would definitely get along better with the stuff in the fridge! Are you getting Bhut Addicted????!!! It's the high, ain't it? heh, heh Kudos Impy!!!!!!! :)

Thanks!! Drunken goat is one of my favorite cheeses. You can learn about it here: http://cheese.about.com/od/internationalcheese/p/drunken_goat.htm

So I take it not all teaser pics have to have the pol 80 cents in them...I see it in some above but not all....
so as long as you can make out a chain in the pics and some have the pol its all right...or does every teaser pic have to have the pol....
my first time in this...just asking....not trying to be a nit picker...just want to make sure I get it....
V

IMPY-CHICKA Hot Damn! I will be sending you a prepaid Fed-Ex box... Will you please fill it up with those things?
Looks yummy....

Somebody get me a spoon!

Great job!

What's going on with that baby? I thought everybody knew, you don't COOK baby, you marinade them saviche style! LOL!!!!

Mesa: And I'll take a dozen of those Tamales!

I'm hoping I'm still in this, maybe I should just keep drinking and just bag it...

PHSYCH! (on the bag it part)

heeheehee, my plan might be working....no sign of pics from DeVille!

To all my THP amigos... Peace, Love and FISH TACOS!

prep pics-
a8924759.jpg

aeb720b8.jpg

I used regular ol' black beans out of a can (BORING!), so they went on the stove with onion, garlic, red jalapeno, Southwest Spice mix and extra cumin, salt. Simmered and smashed them all up to make a nice refried bean thing.

3f5dfa1d.jpg

Ingredients for the SALSA~
yellow heirloom tomato, local peach, lime juice, purple onion, fatali, orange habanero and red jalapeno chiles, cilantro, garlic, and a twist of salt.
07ae98a4.jpg

2da604ba.jpg

c0875007.jpg

Fresh Ling Cod, panko crumbs, SW Spice mix, dried red pepper blend (red habs, bhuts, cayennes and other chiles from last years grow), S&P.
0f426398.jpg

the Dutchie on the Barbie~~~
1a8694cd.jpg

YUM!
7db0371a.jpg

To all my THP amigos... Peace, Love and FISH TACOS!

I used regular ol' black beans out of a can (BORING!), so they went on the stove with onion, garlic, red jalapeno, Southwest Spice mix and extra cumin, salt. Simmered and smashed them all up to make a nice refried-bean-thing.

Ingredients for the SALSA-
local yellow heirloom tomato, local peach, fresh lime juice, purple onion, home grown fatali and red jalapeno, orange habanero, local cilantro, local garlic, and a twist of salt.

Just slap-chopped and diced it all up, give it a little stir...done.

Fresh Ling Cod, panko crumbs, SW Spice mix, dried red pepper blend (red habs, bhuts, cayennes and other chiles from last years grow), S&P. Dip the cod pieces in a milk and egg wash and then coat the pieces in the spiced up Panko crumbs. Give it a nice fry in hot oil and let 'em drain for a few minutes on paper towels.

Layer the black beans, fish, and salsa onto the tortilla, drizzle with a little Crema Mexicana, and ENJOY!

fd8c1a38.jpg

1a9d6786.jpg

ps- SALSA RULES! :lol:

Holy Guacaf'kinmole SL! That deseves to be posted again. Fills the frame, in focus, great use of colours and presentation. All the flavours match perfectly, great use of texture contrasts. Has everything. F'in AWESOME! :D

7db0371a.jpg

Those fish tacos look fan-flippin-tastic!!! I LOOOOVE me some fish tacos and you certainly did the dish justice! I'm drooling over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back