• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Oktoberfused Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germish Lager

Ingredients:
1 German Lager (I used Spaten)
1 Irish Lager (I used Harp)
1 Douglah
1 Glass

Process:
Chill the lagers. Once chilled to an appropriate temperature, assemble ingredients on an attractive background which will enhance your photography. Slice douglah from blossom end towards stem end, but don't cut fully in half. Remove caps from lager bottles. Tilt glass and first bottle of lager towards each other. Pour lager slowly into glass, until it is half full. Set lager bottle on counter. Keeping glass tilted, slowly pour the second lager into it, until the glass is nearly full. Set the lager bottle on the counter. Set the glass on your display surface. Slide the douglah onto the rim of the glass and slide it around to give the entire rim a good coating of capsaicin. Be sure the douglah inside the glass is somewhat submerged in the liquid. Allow the beverage to rest a few moments, both to allow the two lagers to gently meld together, and to allow the douglah to imbue it's heat. Depending upon your heat tolerance, sip or quaffe as desired.

As you now have two half-full (not half-empty!) bottles of lager, do not be wasteful. Use Press'n Seal to preserve the carbonation of the lagers, and return the sealed bottles to your refrigerator, to be enjoyed another day.

P1010293.JPG

P1010300.JPG

So light and refreshing, yet a nice kick to it!

Process pics below....

Nice looking Pizza, SumB! Couldn't find any cheese to go on there????? :(

Sum forgot the power of cheese on this forum. It's like legally bribing voters. Still, I can sort of imagine the flavors. NY hot dogish. I say nice fusion.

Scorpress77, nice tajine! Question. What did you do with the chicken skins? Just curious, as I see you went to the trouble of seasoning and browning the chicken skin-on, probably for fat and flavor when deglazing, and then stripped them. I know flaccid shins are no good in a stew. Finished dish looks amazing!

Zee Germans Home-Slice

I was thinking pizza Germanified.

Two large sweet onions cooked in beer till caramelized. Perfect.

Some dough rolled out paper thin... topped with mustard sauce spread all over, caramelized onions, slices of white bratwurst, thin sliced rings of fresno, and finished off with some sauerkraut.

In the oven @ 450F for 9 mins. Donesies.

See my process

IMG_5261.jpg

Fold it up and stuff it in your pie hole.

IMG_5262.jpg

Good stuff.

i would pick 3 different dishes based on whether i weigh innovation, comprehensiveness, or taste as the most important element ... and that's w/o considering frugality, which is also a major factor ...

Prep pics for Germish Lager:

Assembly and PoL:
P1010293.JPG

Prepping the douglah:
P1010295.JPG

Removing the caps:
P1010296.JPG

Lager 1:
P1010298.JPG

Lager 2:
P1010299.JPG

Das is gut!
P1010300.JPG

Spiciness:
P1010301.JPG

Waste not, want not....
P1010302.JPG

Scorpress77, nice tajine! Question. What did you do with the chicken skins? Just curious, as I see you went to the trouble of seasoning and browning the chicken skin-on, probably for fat and flavor when deglazing, and then stripped them. I know flaccid shins are no good in a stew. Finished dish looks amazing!

Thank you! I wondered myself why the recipe said to do that. It does end up just being about the little bit of fat and flavor that they add. I tried the recipe with boneless skinless breasts once, and skipped the browning process, and it just was not the same. We do end removing the skins. You are right, flaccid skins are never a welcome addition!

Wasnt able to get mine done, had no camera so I couldnt prove it happend lol,

any way my idea was german-korean fusion, was gonna do some rouladan stuffed with kimchi then wrapped in spring roll wrapper and fried , served with spicy mustard dip, and german cucumber salad

but oh well, das ist da breaks. Great looking dishes everyone!

Wasnt able to get mine done, had no camera so I couldnt prove it happend lol,

any way my idea was german-korean fusion, was gonna do some rouladan stuffed with kimchi then wrapped in spring roll wrapper and fried , served with spicy mustard dip, and german cucumber salad

but oh well, das ist da breaks. Great looking dishes everyone!

sounds good, categorically ... would def have like to have seen that executed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back