• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! P. Dreadie's Memorial Caribbean Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda brewing in my cherrie juices over here, but I'll get over it.

Wife was supposed to set aside funds for this TD. She forgot so I'm scrambling with trying to make do.

I know I should have planned better, but I'm still a bit pissed.

I know my beans will be good, but I could have rocked some Conch fritters and coconut curried oxtail.

I had big plans.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

Sorry rant over now.

:cheers:

I am in awe of all you folks. I know nothing about cuisine from the Caribbean islands. I am steeped in the NW like the San Juan Islands. lol I am pretty busy this weekend, I have my buddy's back-hoe here this weekend, doing some dirt work around here so I'll just be checking in. 

You guys rock it!!!

And THP, this is a very cool tribute TD to Mr. Dreadie. My hat is off to you!

frydad4 said:
Construction isn't always pretty. 
But holy moly was this tasty!!

Final coming soon. 

26255453893_e59d5fbba4_c.jpg

26255454473_a9b319cbb6_c.jpg

26255455133_ae56e4867d_c.jpg

You dirty son of a....whipping out the fryer like that. I guess they wouldn't call ya frydad if ya didn't have a fryer. Even though I made some jerk wednesday, maybe I'll whip it out again for tomorrow for this TD. Wanna come over for some jerk tomorrow?

Truly epic stuff going on in here so far!

Scoville DeVille said:
I am in awe of all you folks. I know nothing about cuisine from the Caribbean islands. I am steeped in the NW like the San Juan Islands. lol
This, from Mr-I-Called-Jamaica last time we did Caribbean???  :rofl:

I am out this weekend, too. Got to finish a couple major projects. But I know I'll see more awesomeness when I check back in!

frydad for those that may not know about pikliz, please explain it in your post. I'm sure you made it previously but it is homemade so maybe some kind of disclaimer not made on the spot (as it needs to be pickled) but many don't know what it is and need to know... :)

Rymerpt said:
 but getting my feet into the show put a smile on my face.

:lol: nice one...

Rymerpt said:
Research indicates that what I have on hand does not a caribbean dessert make.

Think outside the box... not the fruit itself, but the vehicle/shape... and then Caribbean it up with the spices... or whatever... no hints but just saying... a dessert can be "Caribbean" with just some essential spices and do your thang... it doesn't have to be some dessert you know exists in the Caribbean.

BigB that will happen! Can't on mother's day weekend tho, I got lots of mothers to please. 
(my wife, my mom, and my mother in law)

PIG FEET!!!!

If you are exploring Caribbean food for the first time, be sure to check out the Pikliz thread! 

Pikliz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back