• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pie Throwdown

Best pie?

• 5oclocksomewhere - Jalapeno Missile Burger Pies

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • salsalady - Salsalady's Pecan Pie THP-style

• Pepper Ridge Farm - Mile High Pizza

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • frydad4 - Frydad's Cuban Pie-Ness

• paulky_2000 - Bacon-Spinach Quiche with a Kick

• paulky_2000 - Walkerswood Shrimp Quiche

• SumOfMyBits - Double Pie-ness Penetration

• Novacastrian - Hommus And Chilli Chicken Cheese Pie

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • mel - Beef Beer Popper Pie

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • mel - Chilli Chocolate Pie

• Deathtosnails - Mexicana Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PerkoXxX - Prawn and Chili Pie

• boutros - Bouty's Pie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a tough decision. If I was in a total dessert frame of mine, that pecan pie would be the one, but I had some fruit and the sweet craving is long gone. Pecan pie is my favorite type of pie. Thinking creative, that double pie has to be right up there with the cuban one, but I have to vote on the pie that I would eat if I could only have one slice, and I am not sure those would be first on my list. If I had to make a choice it would go down to that Walkerswood Shrimp Quiche, Prawn and Chili pie and that Beef Beer Popper pie. The crusts look heavenly. Man it is tough.

Tough call, took awhile to make up my mind. In the end, had to vote for Nova's. Kinda on a pie kick now I guess. Went to the store today to get some stuff to make some more and had a cheesy chicken sorta pie in mind. Might sneak a bit of celery in mine though mate :P

Hey and many thanks for the vote TB, am honored to get yours! :)

Lotta fun as always, voted for a grillin' throwdown when the vote was on, but gotta say again it was pretty cool making somethin' I normally wouldn't try doing up. Lookin' forward to the next!

sumbits- that double pie thang totally rocked except the GRAVY! I was SOOOOOO there with the meat and potatoes thing............even some au jus.......I just wanted that finishing touch of gravy~~~~

TOUGH call, some very AWESOME entries~

@SL- Damn... should have thrown in the au jus in the pics! That was the way we consumed it, except we had to laugh and call it "meat water". Tasted great nonetheless!!! But had I turned it into a gravy... a winner fo' show!

Pizza is winning! Now who was it that said pizza is not pie?? :lol:

Getting interesting... Yeah, they call pizza pie where I get it. Pie is in the eye of the beholder.

These things are difficult to decide. I would love to have dinner at any of yer places...

Dagnabit!

I knew I was going to miss this throwdown! :(

Almapaprika told me last night 'WHAT?! YOU DIDN'T ENTER YOUR PIE?! ARE YOU MENTAL?!'

But I knew I was going to be too late for it. Ah, well. At least I voted for the one I think is best. I might entertain y'all with photos of my Beef & Ale Chipotle pie later this evening. :)

But for now..... GO PIE! which in Panamanian is slang for 'the hottie' ;)

You posted your hot apple pie recipe in the fiery food forum, not here. And the contest was already over when you posted. A short deadling this time around.

pileiton said:
You posted your hot apple pie recipe in the fiery food forum, not here. And the contest was already over when you posted. A short deadling this time around.

...well that just sucks, i see the short deadline now and did not before... but had to work Saturday so would have been impossible since i didn't even buy the ingredients until that night.
But even if late, i could have got some comments or someone else could've grabbed the recipe to make it for their next cookout and needed a dessert... that was the first pie (besides pecan pie) i had ever made and was very happy how it came out.

Still, i think it would have been better just moving it than removing it, and putting a note attached that it didn't make it in time would have been fine... or at least a PM note of some kind would have been good to keep the blood pressure down.

I had nothing to do with it and it is still there in the other forum, I just checked.

Nice and I like that you listened to Strange Brew!

pileiton said:
I had nothing to do with it and it is still there in the other forum, I just checked.

Nice and I like that you listened to Strange Brew!

To cook right, you have to have right mixture of music too! :)
...ok, i see where it was moved now, which is fine as it was saved.

The second pie actually came out better than the first one shown, and was delivered to the couple upstairs (he's a Hab-Head... she thinks bell peppers are hot)...
...and he deserved it, as the only guy i know who works more hours than i do. :)

Good luck on this months contest guys and gals, i'll just wait for the next one then.

thehotpepper.com said:
Pizza is winning! Now who was it that said pizza is not pie?? :lol:

It isn't, and it isn't:)

I went with mel's beef beer popper pie. All entries looked great but I really like meat and I really liked the idea of the poppers inside the pie. These throwdows are just great because someone always comes up with an idea that makes you hit yourself in the face and exclaim "Why didn't I think of that!!!!!"

SumOfMyBits was a close second in my book for the same reasons!

MrArboc said:
It isn't, and it isn't:)

IThese throwdows are just great because someone always comes up with an idea that makes you hit yourself in the face and exclaim "Why didn't I think of that!!!!!"

SumOfMyBits was a close second in my book for the same reasons!

SMB got my vote for the very same reason.

Cool the popper pie is ahead. That was one of my faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back