• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Regional/Ethnic Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
texas blues said:
IMG_2123.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the rogue Venus Probe from the Six Million Dollar Man....

...it couldn't be stopped either! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290394904790

AlabamaJack said:
TB...you really like Dallas?...sorry if you do man...

there is a T-Shirt sold by a rib joint here (Railhead) in Fort Worth that says, "Life's too short to live in Dallas"

gotta say the entries are great this time...

hehehe...big D and FW are about the only 2 towns I haven't lived down in Tejas. Reckoned I'd give you a ribbing. Gotta' say...I'd take Dallas over any place in.......OKLAHOMA!!! :rofl:

well, I'll be danged, PF has the tiara back....

and I must say it looks so much nicer on him with the pink pumps, but man....you gotta shave those legs....especially when you wear that nimi skirt...and PF...ditch the mirrored sunglasses, they are not becoming a gentleman wearing a tiarra....

as far as the burger goes...poor ol Lassen was about 6 years late, the texan was making it in the late 1880s...

Dallas or Oklahoma.....tha'td be a tossup for a Fort Worthian and he may even choose to be an okie...:(

AlabamaJack said:
well, I'll be danged, PF has the tiara back....

and I must say it looks so much nicer on him with the pink pumps, but man....you gotta shave those legs....especially when you wear that nimi skirt...and PF...ditch the mirrored sunglasses, they are not becoming a gentleman wearing a tiarra....

as far as the burger goes...poor ol Lassen was about 6 years late, the texan was making it in the late 1880s...

Dallas or Oklahoma.....tha'td be a tossup for a Fort Worthian and he may even choose to be an okie...:(

Burger Wars....;)

AlabamaJack said:

Well...If you really want to get technical, :lol: The Hamburger, really originates from the mongrels and Germany. :rofl:

According to Theodora Fitzgibbon in her book The Food of the Western World - An Encyclopedia of food from North American and Europe:

It originated on the German Hamburg-Amerika line boats, which brought emigrants to America in the 1850s. There was at that time a famous Hamburg beef which was salted and sometimes slightly smoked, and therefore ideal for keeping on a long sea voyage. As it was hard, it was minced and sometimes stretched with soaked breadcrumbs and chopped onion. It was popular with the Jewish emigrants, who continued to make Hamburg steaks, as the patties were then called, with fresh meat when they settled in the U.S.

Then someone put the hamburg steak between two pieces of bread and "invented" the hamburger.

so what has THP got up his sleeve...

MrArboc said:
According to Theodora Fitzgibbon in her book The Food of the Western World - An Encyclopedia of food from North American and Europe:

Then someone put the hamburg steak between two pieces of bread and "invented" the hamburger.

Thanks MrArboc for finding that for me, that was what i was just saying. :lol:

Smoked meatloaf patties are not burgers, so AJ was right.

Cool.

Hehe. Seriously, sounds like the first meatloaf sandwich for sure. I believe the burger "as we know it" is American. Actually I'm just trying to help AJ cuz PF trying to discredit him!

thehotpepper.com said:
Hehe. Seriously, sounds like the first meatloaf sandwich for sure. I believe the burger "as we know it" is American.

Agreed - but making a pattie of minced meat isn't an original idea, that has been around for centuries;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Hehe. Seriously, sounds like the first meatloaf sandwich for sure. I believe the burger "as we know it" is American. Actually I'm just trying to help AJ cuz PF trying to discredit him!

PF=Fail! I owe AJ as he contributed to me getting this crown in the first place. :lol: Guess I failed at paybacks. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back