• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! The Dual Burger Duel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Separately, though ...

I plan to take a solidly authentic stab at a nice Creole meal in the near future ...

I couldn't get http://www.cajunsausage.com/ in time because I'd forgotten about Memorial Day, and they didn't respond to my email on the Tuesday thereafter, and by Wednesday it was going to be ridiculously expensive to ship ...

Love that 90's feel ... dat site needs moar blinking text tho ...

hamburger-turtle_o_1473695.jpg

grantmichaels said:

Does is yield much meat, or is that part of the hell - how little there ends up being? ...

I only really have experience with stone's ...

They yield next to nothing. I do not eat them as often as Chris, but I have plenty of experience with blueclaws. Waste of time IMO.

grantmichaels said:

Does is yield much meat, or is that part of the hell - how little there ends up being? ...

I only really have experience with stone's ...

Depends on which size you get, Jumbos a dozen can get you around 2 lbs of meat. Part of the fun is picking and eating them while saving some. One thing you never get from store bought is the mixed in spice from the cooking process. That takes crabcakes to the next level in my experience. 

Burger #1 - An Ode to the 70’s …..Tuna Croquette Burger

Tuna Croquette:

2 6-ounce cans tuna
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white bread torn into small pieces
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp liquid from the cans of tuna
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp chopped fresh green onions
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 raw egg
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 teaspoon butter

Combine ingredients, form into patties and sauté in a frying pan.

Buns:

3/4 cup warm water
2 tablespoons butter
1 large egg
3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon instant yeast

Mix dough ingredients, cover and let rise for an hour (double in size).  Deflate dough and divide into 12 pieces.  Shape each piece into a round ball, flatten and let rise for another hour.  Bake 350 for 12 min. 

Tartar Sauce:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 large orange thai pepper, seeded and diced (courtesy of Buzzman19 who sent me some seeds late last season)
3 tablespoons chopped capers
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
1 tablespoon chopped scallion 
freshly ground black pepper
Put in a bowl and stir to combine.

Burger #2 -  Mock Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll Burger

Buns
Black Thai Rice
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sugar
Sesame Seeds

Soak rice for about an hour, rinse and cook for 30-40 min.  Season w/ vinegar and sugar.  Form into patties and fry/bake until firm.  

Spicy Tuna
1 can tuna
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili oil
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 Green onions
1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
Matzo meal (binder)
Egg
Avocado
Green Onion
Cucumber
Carrots

Mix Tuna, Sriracha, chili oil, rice vinegar, green onion, matzo meal and mayo.  Form into patty and fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back