beer Being Crafty

I decided to brew today. I'm doing an NEIPA, with all galaxy hops. I'm using a grain bill similar to reciprocal from Bissell. 7 lbs. two row, 3 lbs wheat malt, 2 lbs flaked oats, .5 lbs of carastan, and 1 lb. of flaked barley. I'll be using 7 ounces of galaxy between whirpool and dry hopping, but I'm still going to add one ounce of galaxy for a 60 minute boil for a bit of bitterness.

I'll be using this NEIPA yeast from a local yeast lab to ferment it.

Grass Snake said:
Should be good. I need to get back to making beer. Where do you buy your ingredients TGCM? 
It depends what I'm brewing, amd when I feel like brewing. If I plan a recipe out for a long period of time, then I will buy online, usually.

If I spontaneously decide to brew like today, I hit up Kettles and Grains, which is just up the road from my house. They are super knowledgeable about brewing, and carry just about every kind of grain, hop, and yeast you can think of. They also carry a lot of locally made products as well, like yeast from local labs, and hot sauces from local producers. They always have great beers in tap also, so I can crush a good beer while measuring out grain and whatnot. They do tap takeovers where breweries come in with their beers for a party, and they will have bands play.

I'm actually sipping on TGCM's HB Berry Sour right now and it's most excellent.
HBsour.jpg

Best brew I've had today, and I've had a few  ;)
a.jpg

s.jpg

and I shared that 18.5% stout with some friends at the brewery last night
18.5.jpg

after a few Dinner's on draft
dindin.jpg

Cheers

FreeportBum said:
I'm actually sipping on TGCM's HB Berry Sour right now and it's most excellent.
HBsour.jpg
Best brew I've had today, and I've had a few  ;)
a.jpg
s.jpg
and I shared that 18.5% stout with some friends at the brewery last night
18.5.jpg
after a few Dinner's on draft
dindin.jpg

Cheers
Oh, nice. Glad you like it! I had hoped you'd like that one, since you're a fan of the sours. Which one is your favorite Johann, between the Pineapple, Mango, and Passion fruit?

Back