beer Being Crafty

I was intrigued by a milkshake IPA.

Great citrus flavour but the rest of it just ended up being a confusion of flavour. Flying monkeys has never been scared to push the edge, sometimes it is amazing other times a definite miss.

_20180324_010351.JPG
_20180324_011447.JPG

I took my father in law out for a pint on his 75th birthday. I ended up doing a flight.
Kaleidoscope - halo brewery
Infinite Zest- Muddy York X Sawdust City
La saison d'hiver- Little Beasts brewing
Péché Mortel ( on nitro) - Dieu du Ciel

The kaleidoscope is a dipa with sauv blanc grape must. The grape favour was kinda lost but still very nice.

Infinite Zest. It is rare that I absolutely hate a beer, but if I am lucky I will never taste another like this. Still finished it though say no to Dp.

La Saison d'hiver was best of the flight for me, which shocked me as the aroma was meh. If we had time before heading out for supper I would have grabbed a full pint. Nice way to say goodbye to winter.

24th was Péché Mortel day so I had to jump in on that, but the nitro did it no favours. Really subdued the coffee flavour and aroma. It did have that nitro creaminess though.
IMG_20180325_001409_492.jpg

IMG_20180325_001409_491.jpg

First but not last time at Arabella Park in Kitchener-Waterloo. 18 rotating taps, and decent bottle selection. Generous 5oz pours on the flights. Will give a sample of anything on tap if you ask . Food looked and smelled great, will have to try something next time. All the tech companies over in K-W has made the crafty scene there awesome once you wade through the hipsters. :D. Arabella isn't as plaid and patchouli as the Abe Erbe across from Google K-W headquarters though.

Back