• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Best anuum....

Hi from the u.k!
In my quest for the best, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on the best anuum to grow. Can be flavour, yield, ......whatever, as long as you think it's good.
What d'ya think?

Best all around? It's hard to pick one, but if I did it would be corno di toro. Super sweet, lots of flavor, prolific, great for roasting, good for stuffing… I love anaheims, but they're not sweet like a corno. I'll leave the heat up to my chinenses.

I have a Hungarian hot wax and a unspecified Thai in my greenhouse. Anyone grown the Hungarian before? What's it like?i have heard it can be pretty hot with an apple taste???

Too many good ones to choose but I'd say jalapeno for overall versatility or Jimmy Nardello. This year I'm growing a few new annums: gypsy, cubanelle, pasilla bajio and dragon cayenne. I really like the serrano flavor, but stopped growing them because of their high seed content.

Ya know, I never really grew many annuums, but I love ripe, red sweet banana peppers. I am growing various banana varieties as well as Aji Limon this year. Never tried Aji Limon, but I hear they are tasty.

How can you possible just pick one. There are so many great annuums.

On the must try list:
many Thai varieties
many Jalapeno varieties
many Anaheim varieties
Jamaican mushrooms
many cayenne varieties
poblanos, of course
et.al. There is a ton I missed.

not to mention any of the sweet peppers. Most all annuums.

Back