• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut and Guinness

Long story short, some idiot who thinks he knows more about peppers then me is still stating the fact that the Red Savina is the hottest pepper on earth. Yeah, I know right? Anyways, I cant seem to find any reliable source online that clearly states the Bhut as the hottest pepper. NMSU has an article on it, but I cannot find an article on guinnessworldrecords.com about it. I tried searching on the website, tried finding a record on the website, and nothing comes up. Does anyone know of where I could find a guinness verification? Or am I just a moron? And I'll just pass on the wikipedia articles... I'm clearly looking for a guinness article here. Thanks

Yeah, I've found all those I guess the pictures are better then nothing with the certificate. I just find it strange guinness doesnt have something specifically on it on their website

JayT said:
I think he means once the 7-pot is tested...

Ahhhh, I thought he had a really old edition where some other chile was called the hottest;) Which one was considered hottest before the RS anyway?

Haha yeah sorry about the beer disappointment. Not a fan of it anyways, but I know the bhut isnt the hottest but there isnt a "official" guinness of anything else as of yet, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't need Guinness, just send whomever here. We will set them straight. I have eaten them all. My official ranking is 7-pot, Scorpion, Bhut, (other nagas), Fatalii, Red Savina.

JayT said:
You don't need Guinness, just send whomever here. We will set them straight. I have eaten them all. My official ranking is 7-pot, Scorpion, Bhut, (other nagas), Fatalii, Red Savina.

You sure it's not scorpion, 7 pod, bhut/nagas , red savina, choc hab, fatali? Fatali can't be that hot to rank above the savina can it?

I havent tasted them all, YET, like everyuone else. Can you really tell the difference between them all?As far as heat goes? I mean, if its damn 'fing hot, can you seriously tell the difference?

I thought the hottest one was already established and settled as being the Naga Morich aka The Ghost Pepper?

Back