• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bhut and Guinness

So then....to all the chile-heads out there. Is there a unanimous vote as to what IS the hottest one in existence right now? lol

Since Neil has tasted most all of them, I would refer judgment to him. Anyone who can eat the hottest peppers known on camera and comment on the taste, and keep a straight face all the while, would get my nod on who knows what heat wise........

crazy8-

I've heard a lot of people say that the 7-pot and even some others are hotter than the bhut. The problem is that it's never been proven. NM chile institute grew out the bhut for 4(?) years to get a stable strain and then had it tested for SHU and Guinness was either there or verified the results, giving the bhut the "hottest pepper in the world" classification. None of these other peppers have been followed up on like that.

But I would venture a guess that as the 7-pot gets more ress, something like that will happen.

btw, this is just information I've gathered from online reading so if I've said something incorrect, please feel free to set it straight.

Chileheads are way ahead of Guiness when it comes to hottest pepper. The problem with guiness is likely due to the precidence set by MSNU when testing for the bhut. They didn't just test one pepper but grew out plants for 4 years and chose random pods from random plants for testing and samples include all parts of the chile(Weighed) and not just the placental tissue.
I think it obvious to anyone who's tried them that the 7 pot/pods and Trinidad scorpions are noticably hotter but guiness doesn't want to be handing out unjustified or mistaken records like they did in the past with chiles. The hottest pepper records in the past were such a joke, I think they want some credibility back and spend the time doing things properly now:)

Nuts, I thought this was about having a Bhut and a Guinness Stout together. That'd be great. Hell Guinness Stout goes with most anything! ;)

Neil seemed to have the most trouble with the naga morich...I mean, his avatar on youtube is a screensot of him eating the Morich!! I'd be interested to hear his input on what is "HANDS DOWN" the hottest pepper in the known world...

DarkTrak said:
Neil seemed to have the most trouble with the naga morich...I mean, his avatar on youtube is a screensot of him eating the Morich!! I'd be interested to hear his input on what is "HANDS DOWN" the hottest pepper in the known world...

He did that towards the beginning of his career, his tolerance has grown tremendously since then ;)

Back