• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut Jolokia from americanspice.com

Omri said:
I dry most of mine, cause they taste the same when cooking, but in salads and stuff the fresh ones are soooo much better.

I would kill for some fresh pods, no one around here has them. I have some dorset naga seeds, courtesy of TxCG, i'll plant those once i see i can do well with my supermarket habs and thais. I'll just have to wait for those for fresh pods.

How would you describe the flavor? Does it have that typical chinense taste? Sweet? Fruity? I can't wait to try my own!

MrArboc @ I think pepperworld.com has some.

UnNatural @ It's pretty Chinense-like, nothing like those Annuum chiles, but it's not a habish flavor. quite unique. they taste fruity and the flavor is quite powerful when you eat them fresh in a sandwich or something.

Omri said:
MrArboc @ I think pepperworld.com has some.

Thanks. Need to practice my german, it isn't what it should be... I really should get some pods to try so I have a reference if I get some in my garden this year;)

That is one way to do it;) I do understand german well enough to find and order what I want, but it takes some time, ha ha ha. Why can't everyone just speak swedish?

AlabamaJack said:
that made me giggle...it brought to mind Bubba talking about the different ways you can use shrimp in Forrest Gump...

yup...afraid to chomp a whole one...I will eat small slices but I don't think my stomach could handle popping a whole one in my mouth, chewing it up, and swallowing...I don't what to experience what TCG did when he ate one of my scorpions...

UnNatural said:
LOL.

Bhut is the fruit of the land. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, bhut-kabobs, bhut creole, bhut gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple bhut, lemon bhut, coconut bhut, pepper bhut, bhut soup, bhut stew, bhut salad, bhut and potatoes, bhut burger, bhut sandwich. That- that's about it.

LMAO ha ha ha...

:lol:

How hot is too hot for dehydrating? I've been looking at some sites in India that export and they dehydrate at 140 F. Will that kill the flavor? I dehydrate at 105-110 and they come out beautifully colored and full flavored.

Thats why i love THSC's pods..they have seeds that work too.

And that from a guy who sells seeds..good show mate!

Low Temp FTW.

UnNatural said:
LOL.

Bhut is the fruit of the land. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, bhut-kabobs, bhut creole, bhut gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple bhut, lemon bhut, coconut bhut, pepper bhut, bhut soup, bhut stew, bhut salad, bhut and potatoes, bhut burger, bhut sandwich. That- that's about it.

ha ha ... better tuck that lip in boi fo you get it caught on a trip wia!

lol... chuckling :lol:

Back