• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 2019

Well, hello everybody! Thank you for stopping by! I'm sorry I'm late to the show. It takes me a long while to get started on anything. I've decided to cut down on varieties and just grow what I know I like, and have more plants of those. I'll be adding a few more as they hook. As of right now, here's what's growin':

2019 Growlist

Purple Flower BBG Orange
Antep Aci Dolma (Devv)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
Fluorescent Yellow Superhot ?? WHP
Black Congo (PL)
Cluster BBG (Buckeye)
Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (Genetikx)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Mine)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F4 (My seeds and Mojo's seeds. Also have F2 clone overwinter)

Not very far along...but getting there!

SB7J
pZoFV00.jpg

Cinder F4
dIRl9T0.jpg

The whole gang
9ngQYtX.jpg

PtMD989 said:
Does it feel the same now that its legal,eh. [emoji848]
Kinda like drinking at 19 compared to drinking at 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, it was easier to find and better before the December legalization. It'll be better once the stores get goin. It's getting hard to find around here anyway. There are a couple clubs the next town south...but nobody I know drives. Lol.

From what I hear, it’s going to be a while till you can get it in stores. Gotta grow your own till then. I thought that I would smell it being consumed this last weekend, being great weather, but I didn’t.

Last fall, I was set on not gardening this year. I even left the old garden in the ground with hopes that I would get overwhelmed in the spring, if I decided I wanted a garden, and throw in the towel immediately.

No such luck. A garden is GOING to happen. Now, I have last years' mess to clean up. I am overwhelmed.

I mowed yesterday, so it could be worse. At least THAT'S done.

Here she is...neglect.
FUlVbOU.jpg

Through the magic of "nobody wants to wait",

Ta-Daaaaaa!!!
8UWamk4.jpg

For those who don't peruse the PPATB thread, I got SERVED!
c3dl4bp.jpg

svtOdMV.jpg

Thank you very much, Reggie! Gonna try some on grilled food today!

And then....SalsaLady hooked me up!!

Qz7reYA.jpg

This community is the very best!!! Thanks all!

And Oregon is over flowing with it.  So much, that limits have been placed on growers.  State laws are being changed so it can be shipped out of state, when/if it becomes Federally legal.

Hmmm, maybe I should try some. It has been 40 years since I had my first and last joint. That was home grown stuff from a coworker that really didn't do anything for me.

Bhuter said:
Last fall, I was set on not gardening this year. I even left the old garden in the ground with hopes that I would get overwhelmed in the spring, if I decided I wanted a garden, and throw in the towel immediately.

No such luck. A garden is GOING to happen. Now, I have last years' mess to clean up. [emoji53] I am overwhelmed.

I mowed yesterday, so it could be worse. At least THAT'S done.

Here she is...neglect.
FUlVbOU.jpg

Through the magic of "nobody wants to wait",

Ta-Daaaaaa!!!
8UWamk4.jpg

For those who don't peruse the PPATB thread, I got SERVED!
c3dl4bp.jpg

svtOdMV.jpg

Thank you very much, Reggie! Gonna try some on grilled food today! [emoji1303]

And then....SalsaLady hooked me up!!

Qz7reYA.jpg

This community is the very best!!! Thanks all!
very nice never heard of that sauce

Orekoc said:
And Oregon is over flowing with it.  So much, that limits have been placed on growers.  State laws are being changed so it can be shipped out of state, when/if it becomes Federally legal.

Hmmm, maybe I should try some. It has been 40 years since I had my first and last joint. That was home grown stuff from a coworker that really didn't do anything for me.

40 years ago, weed had a THC content of about 2%. Today, it can easily reach 10-15 times that.

I took my wife to Amsterdam a few years back and we were hittin some skunk mixed with hash joints that I concocted in Barneys. Blew me straight, wicked out of my mind and she, who was not an experienced weed smoker, said it didn't do shit for her. She's asthmatic and uses inhalers daily, so I figured the bronchial spray meds might somehow counter the uptake.

Anyway, then I took her to another coffee shop and bought a few grams of hash from the bar and borrowed a water bong. The seating area was upstairs (more like up a ladder, but it was really the steepest, narrowest stairs I've ever seen in my life). We went upstairs and got through a little more than 1 gram of hash with the water bong before she declared that she was not just feelin it but was overdosing, wondered if hash could kill her, and wanted to go back to our rental apartment and sleep. Getting her back down those stairs without dying was a bit challenging, then we took a taxi (nobody takes a taxi in Amsterdam when the whole damned city center is so small you can walk anywhere in less than 30 minutes). Couldn't interest her in sharing the almost second gram of hash after that, so I ATE IT about an hour before we went to the airport. Big Mistake. Barely made it through security before I started full-blown hallucinating. Waiting at the terminal with a million people around and jet engines humming and oscillating was like living inside a Pink Floyd song.

Weed today is not your 1970s hippy weed, it's got enough kick to lay you flat for several hours if you're not careful.

Bhuter said:
Honestly, it was easier to find and better before the December legalization. It'll be better once the stores get goin. It's getting hard to find around here anyway. There are a couple clubs the next town south...but nobody I know drives. Lol.

Would be nice if they would legalise it here, but alas Finland again won the top prize in the Nanny State Index.

I'm glad we have so many tokers. Love some Pink Floyd, too!

This went on yesterday.

C4zeyfb.jpg

...with a little of this...

BzihStp.jpg

Marinated Country Ribs, Prime Rib Burgers, & Brats....all cooked using Texas Creek Products...followed by WarrantMan's Homicide Sauce poured on every bite.

Just a Burger & Brat for me....!

BgUAIYs.jpg

YUM----O!

Thanks again for the awesome Sauce packages, SL & WM!!!

My collection is growing....!

JOpx8ap.jpg

:woohoo::dance::woohoo:

Ok....a lot of revision needs to take place on this GrowList. Adding more and more varieties...as per usual. So here we go with the updated and current version of 2019's GrowList with plant quantity to the right...(subject to change...lol):

Black Congo (PL 2014) x2
SB7J (PexPeppers 2014) x3
Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014) x2
BBG Pumpkin (Ford's) x2
7 Pot Cinder F4 (my seeds) x3
7 Pot Cinder F4 (Mojo's Seeds) x2
Purple Flower BBG (Orange) x3
Cluster BBG (Buckeye) x2
Fluorescent Yellow SuperHot ??? (WHP) x3
Antep Aci Dolma (Devv) x2
Gnarly Peach Bhut (Genetikx) x3
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Brown) x1
Brown Moruga (PL 2014) x3
Aji Oro (TGCM) x2
Bishop's Crown x2
Chocolate Hab (Nice, France) x2
Pink Moruga (Mojo) x1
Orange Pepperoncini x2
Orange BBG x SRTSL (WHP) x2
MRM 7 Brown (Peachy) x2
Defcon 7 (Brown) x1
Grocery Store Mystery (Brown) x1
Madame Jeanette x Gorongong (MidWestChileHead) x1
PDN x BMJ F7 (Purple, PaulG's Seeds) x1

Maters:
German Pink x1
Dr. Carolyn (Yellow Cherry) x2

.......still more on deck. Lol. A couple more popped today.

As long as I'm having fun, right?

Will finish the list....at some point...!

CaneDog said:
Nice!  You'll be having plenty of fun with what's on that list so far.  So what's the story behind the Grocery Store Mystery Brown?  I don't see too many brown peppers in my local grocery stores.  Not unless they've sat for too long...
Whew! Over my ChiliHead again. Lol.

I'm glad you asked!!! When I started growing supers around 2014, you could find various supers in the store. As a noob, I wanted experience. So I bought whatever, whenever I could.
One time, in a small package of "Trinidad Scorpion Peppers" (who knows what they actually were. Lol), there was a darker pod. I've seen videos of brown pods, but there's no way there's one right here. There was a yellow that looked orange, so I figured, same as you, this brown is an old-red pod...just turning. I saved the seeds anyway and labeled it "Burgundy". The next year or year after, I figured, "Why not?"...and I started a seed.

This was quite a find! It was Definitely a 7 Pot. A firmer flesh than Judy's Douglah. It looked more like Duffy's Douglah that Barrus ate years ago. The difference to me is Judy's Douglah was thin-walled like a Chocolate Borg 9, whereas Duffy's was shiny, dense, and a prettier pepper.

After I post this, I'll log in with my old phone and post a pic of the Grocery Store Mystery.

BTW, I saved 4-6 seeds initially and saved more OP seeds when I grew it. I'm growing from an OG seed this year.

Pic coming up...!

Definitely beauts - they're awesome looking!  I used to grow a very rich colored chocolate habanero that the very upper part of those guys reminds me of, but obviously they were nothing like the rest of them.  I miss those habs more the longer it's been.  I bet the heat's on another level with those guys though!  Curious now what they look like cut open.

Definitely a win there.  I wish my stores would get it together. Even the farmer's markets last year had fewer of the cool varieties and more of the low heat crowd-pleasers. 

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I don't think I have an inside pic.

Yeah, 2014...supers in the store. 2015...found some mini Naga in-store. 2016..."I think the Habs are gone, too." Hit or miss even on orange Habs.

Let me know if you want some of these seeds!

We all want seed Bhuter!  YOU should know that by now.  :rolleyes:
Bhuter said:
Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I don't think I have an inside pic.

Yeah, 2014...supers in the store. 2015...found some mini Naga in-store. 2016..."I think the Habs are gone, too." Hit or miss even on orange Habs.

Let me know if you want some of these seeds!

Orekoc said:
We all want seed Bhuter!  YOU should know that by now.  :rolleyes:

I plan on trying to isolate that plant (or at least a couple pods) if it ages fast enough this season. I can either wait to pass out seeds in the fall, or get some to you before.

Ok, I know I have more than enough plants, but last year, I wanted to grow a Fatalii this year. Three different seeds...all still not germinated. Do any of you Well-planned horticulturists have an Extra Fatalii plant that's taking up too much real estate? I prefer a Peach version (PL), but yellow rocks, too!

I understand that shipping multiple plants makes more economic sense, but I gotta ask the dog if I can borrow some flow... lol...so I probably couldn't afford more than one.

If nobody has an extra, I'll just shoot for next year.

Sleeper67 said:
very nice never heard of that sauce

This was my first experience with this brand, too. I've worked my way through a few products, and I'm really impressed with the flavor profiles. The few that I've tried have been sweet(), thicker than some(), and one in particular has been a wonderful addition to everything we've tried it on so far...from ribs to burritos....the Spicy Steak Sauce. It's not really spicy...just a gentle heat. In fact, my gf who doesn't like spice calls this her new go-to Sauce. Yeah..."hers". Lol

More awesomeness arrived today from PexPeppers. After the rockin' care packages from WarrantMan & SalsaLady, I placed an order with Pex.

LvYZBWV.jpg

The Pueblo Dynamite and the Pueblo seeds were both freebies! Thank you very much, Garrett! That Lemon Fatalii Sauce is hot RIGHT NOW...and definitely a Fatalii burn. Prickly and uncomfortable. But damn tasty! :clap:

:woohoo:

Back