• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2017 Glog

Hello everybody!

This is my first glog and I know I'm really late with it. I've been growing superhots for a few years, but have never kept a record. So here it goes!

2017 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga (Mine)
Chocolate Lava (mpicante)
7 Pot Caramel (PL 2014)
Bishop's Crown
JPGS (Seacowboy 2014)
JRGS (Joefish 2014)
Chocolate Moruga Brain (Butch T)
Brown Moruga (PL)
Brazilian Moruga (Butch T)
BTR (Butch T)
CPR (Butch T)
Red Primo (Troy Primeaux 2014)
Yellow Primo (WM 2015)
CGN 21500 (WM 2015)
Peach Bhut (WM 2015)
Aji Fantasy Yellow (WM 2015)
PDN (WM 2015)
Pimenta Leopard (96Strat)
Aji Jobito (Hogleg)
Goat's Weed (Hogleg)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Red Brainstrain (WM)
Brown Rocoto (TGCM)
Aji Limo Rojo (TGCM)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
C. Chacoense (WM)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's Thanks to BSH)
Big Black Mama x Caramel 7 Pot Madballz F2 (Mine)

I started my seeds in early February and continued starting seeds until April...just couldn't stop starting new varieties...again. I always take the cheap route and use plain old Miracle-Gro potting soil. It has always worked for me. I also start my seeds in paper towels then transfer them straight to 4 inch pots (I thought they were 3 inch, but they're 4). I use a 125w CFL for lighting and I usually grow around 30 plants. Here's the beginning.

z8fIW8B.jpg

I had crappy soil before this pic and some of these are bare-root transplants. But I did lose one...Chocolate Primo. It just looked funky after transplant.

Here they were just before plant out. Pic taken on May 4...with the addition of a few new seedlings and maters.

zGupmrR.jpg

Peppers planted out May 10.

Xz5EcpT.jpg

Then I ran into the bugs. The flippin' bugs. Judging by the damage, I'm guessing broad mites.

Kzw3c8h.jpg

But I soaped then neemed a couple times and things are looking up. I'll have to get a pic of what that plant (Goatsweed) looks like now. This is the latest pic with the addition of the nursery veggies.

PJRBb8u.jpg

That'll probably do it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

-Adam

Bhuter said:
Thank you very much, Scott! Let me know if you need seeds for Pimenta De Neyde. I think I remember you saying yours turned out green-leaved. Mine is deep purple and full of pods. I need to pull them but am still unsure about ripeness.

Thanks for the offer Adam! Yes my seeds produced a green-leaved plant. I got them from Trade Winds, when I bought the growdown seeds..

I somehow fell a fair bit behind on the glog, and had me some catching up to do....

but damn, man! You're 110% killing it!

I'm loving all the pod pictures, and there's something artistic about the dehydrator trays... looking beeeeeautiful!

Also enchanted by those crosses, should be intriguing to see how their descendants turn out!

Keep up the great work, TBG. 

Btw I should be posting this or next week - wink wink nudge nudge ;)

Thegreenchilemonster said:
How did your brown rocoto turn out this year?
I was only able to get one pod off of the plant so far (there may be one more that will ripen). I had to pull it a little early because a bird pecked the top of it. It weighed a little over 43 grams.
7lMkpbI.jpg

A couple days later.
42jZOfj.jpg

This was my second Pubescens to try and the flavor was similar to the Aji Oro but surprisingly a little more bland to me. Not in a bad way. Really juicy and terrific!

Here is a plant that just keeps growing and producing: Black Naga x Peri-Peri F1.
zaUiydh.jpg

Im not too impressed with the pods because they soften and deflate when they ripen. I guess they need to be pulled while green.
qtemv9h.jpg

My Pimenta de Neyde are officially ripened. Now, what to do with them. Lol
vz26iDN.jpg

This pod is just plain scary. Chocolate Moruga Brain.
co3jdmb.jpg

Here are some Bubblegum Pumpkin. I really like these pods...well I still havent tried one, but I like the look and the production. My plant is really small and Ive pulled about 13 decent sized pods off of it. Here are ten.
s5qvbrX.jpg

JfKAb3j.jpg

Bhuter said:
I was only able to get one pod off of the plant so far (there may be one more that will ripen). I had to pull it a little early because a bird pecked the top of it. It weighed a little over 43 grams.
7lMkpbI.jpg

A couple days later.
42jZOfj.jpg

This was my second Pubescens to try and the flavor was similar to the Aji Oro but surprisingly a little more bland to me. Not in a bad way. Really juicy and terrific!

Here is a plant that just keeps growing and producing: Black Naga x Peri-Peri F1.
zaUiydh.jpg

Im not too impressed with the pods because they soften and deflate when they ripen. I guess they need to be pulled while green.
qtemv9h.jpg

My Pimenta de Neyde are officially ripened. Now, what to do with them. Lol
vz26iDN.jpg

This pod is just plain scary. Chocolate Moruga Brain.
co3jdmb.jpg

Here are some Bubblegum Pumpkin. I really like these pods...well I still havent tried one, but I like the look and the production. My plant is really small and Ive pulled about 13 decent sized pods off of it. Here are ten.
s5qvbrX.jpg

JfKAb3j.jpg

Nice stuff!

That bleed on the Pumpkin BBG7's is really cool, is that normal? Looks great either way!

Keep it up, when are you expecting to finish up?

Superhot Sim said:
Great update Adam really love the BBG Pumpkin and your chocolate moruga brain.
You doing a pod review [emoji6] lol
Loved watching your grow all season, great stuff buddy. [emoji106]

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Thank you, Sim! You know, I had every intention on doing a review of the Bubblegum Pumpkin until I sliced one open. Lol. They are very strong smelling...floral...and full of oil. Very intimidating and I havent had anything superhot in a while. Maybe Ill try a piece soon??

ThatBlondGuy101 said:

Nice stuff!

That bleed on the Pumpkin BBG7's is really cool, is that normal? Looks great either way!

Keep it up, when are you expecting to finish up?
Thank you, TBG! Yes, its normal for the calyx/stem bleeding on the Bubblegum Pumpkin. Its a cross between a red Bubblegum and a Minorcan Datil. A beautiful variety. Im definitely growing a plant or two next year. I thought all was over a couple weeks ago, so I didnt even go out to the garden. Then I did and found out that Im not done yet. Lol. Maybe another decent sized pull? Thanks again!

OCD Chilehead said:
Pods are looking fantastic. You did a great job this year. Pumpkins look really cool. Nice haul.
Thank you, Chuck! I really appreciate all the fantastic feedback youve provided all season. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I hope your grow is doing awesomely.

Bhuter said:
Thank you, Sim! You know, I had every intention on doing a review of the Bubblegum Pumpkin until I sliced one open. Lol. They are very strong smelling...floral...and full of oil. Very intimidating and I havent had anything superhot in a while. Maybe Ill try a piece soon??
I meant the chocolate moruga brain lol your smash it buddy. [emoji6]

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Back