• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2017 Glog

Hello everybody!

This is my first glog and I know I'm really late with it. I've been growing superhots for a few years, but have never kept a record. So here it goes!

2017 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga (Mine)
Chocolate Lava (mpicante)
7 Pot Caramel (PL 2014)
Bishop's Crown
JPGS (Seacowboy 2014)
JRGS (Joefish 2014)
Chocolate Moruga Brain (Butch T)
Brown Moruga (PL)
Brazilian Moruga (Butch T)
BTR (Butch T)
CPR (Butch T)
Red Primo (Troy Primeaux 2014)
Yellow Primo (WM 2015)
CGN 21500 (WM 2015)
Peach Bhut (WM 2015)
Aji Fantasy Yellow (WM 2015)
PDN (WM 2015)
Pimenta Leopard (96Strat)
Aji Jobito (Hogleg)
Goat's Weed (Hogleg)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Red Brainstrain (WM)
Brown Rocoto (TGCM)
Aji Limo Rojo (TGCM)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
C. Chacoense (WM)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's Thanks to BSH)
Big Black Mama x Caramel 7 Pot Madballz F2 (Mine)

I started my seeds in early February and continued starting seeds until April...just couldn't stop starting new varieties...again. I always take the cheap route and use plain old Miracle-Gro potting soil. It has always worked for me. I also start my seeds in paper towels then transfer them straight to 4 inch pots (I thought they were 3 inch, but they're 4). I use a 125w CFL for lighting and I usually grow around 30 plants. Here's the beginning.

z8fIW8B.jpg

I had crappy soil before this pic and some of these are bare-root transplants. But I did lose one...Chocolate Primo. It just looked funky after transplant.

Here they were just before plant out. Pic taken on May 4...with the addition of a few new seedlings and maters.

zGupmrR.jpg

Peppers planted out May 10.

Xz5EcpT.jpg

Then I ran into the bugs. The flippin' bugs. Judging by the damage, I'm guessing broad mites.

Kzw3c8h.jpg

But I soaped then neemed a couple times and things are looking up. I'll have to get a pic of what that plant (Goatsweed) looks like now. This is the latest pic with the addition of the nursery veggies.

PJRBb8u.jpg

That'll probably do it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

-Adam

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
Good looking grow Adam! :party:

You did the starting summary fantastically!

All the best, and here's to hoping your harvests are bountiful! :cheers:
Thank you very much, TBG! That means a lot to me. I really worry about how I'm going to sound when people read what I write. Hopefully I always sound coherent. Lol

Here's an overall pic from today.
5j4ZZtY.jpg

Then I saw my first sign of my usual pollinators. I see the occasional "regular" bee, but I mostly see bumblebees. The pic is zoomed in. Lol
eUPaxEt.jpg

Bonus pic. This is Alice. I put a new log in her tank today and she jumped her fat ar$e right up there.
1s2Dl7T.jpg

Garden looks great ! Looks like you may live out in the stick also , eh ? Love the view ,  Beautiful state Michigan is . 
What the hell you feeding that dragon ! She must eat 3 dozen crickets a day and snack a few dozen wax worms ! lol , My sons use to raise and sell them , had a pair of whites , yellows , reds , and another , can't remember what tho .  The whites were cool and $$$$$$ . 

Keep up the great grow !

Lmao! That dragons' problem is she hardly ever moves. She gets salads daily and occasional super worms (once or twice a week) but doesn't like to be out of her tank. She just moves from one spot to another and just lays there. Lol. Yeah, I live in a small town with the closest bigger city 20 miles away, both ways.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Frank and I'm watching your glog intently. Anxiously awaiting the first Pumpkin BBG pods. Mine is sooo far behind.

I am really wishing I had grown your madballz x BBM man...thinking about making it my winter project!  Going to start one or two in the fall and grow it inside until next year.  it will be good to see what your F2 pods look like this season - any pods yet?  The reaper pod I saved seeds from last year was a picture perfect pheno but it turns out it got crossed with something and I am thinking maybe a 7 pod brown.  I'll put some pics up on my glog tonight or tomorrow of it and others.  Perhaps we could do another trade at the end of the season and I could send you some? 

BSH said:
I am really wishing I had grown your madballz x BBM man...thinking about making it my winter project!  Going to start one or two in the fall and grow it inside until next year.  it will be good to see what your F2 pods look like this season - any pods yet?  The reaper pod I saved seeds from last year was a picture perfect phenol but it turns out it got crossed with something and I am thinking maybe a 7 pod brown.  I'll put some pics up on my glog tonight or tomorrow of it and others.  Perhaps we could do another trade at the end of the season and I could send you some? 
Wow! That sounds fantastic! I think one of my plants just set a pod, though it'll be a day or two to know for sure. My plants seem so far behind. Just starting to flower. What a bummer about your perfect Reaper being crossed, but if it IS crossed with 7 Pot Brown, it'll be a screamer! I would absolutely love to trade at the end of the season. That alone would be a great cross! Plus, you have some awesome strains this year. Thanks, man!

Here's a pic of my 4 BBM x Madballz plants. Still small and just starting to flower.
m8NdUYi.jpg

And here's my tiny Pumpkin BBG. I have high hopes for this little fella.
H20dL3R.jpg

Everything looking good Adam!

Nice pic of the Aji Oro flower. You're in for a treat with those pods.

I've been having trouble keeping up this year with all the great glogs. In reference to your question about the fish emulsion. I back off of it once I see flowers as it's mainly for foliar growth.

Devv said:
Everything looking good Adam!

Nice pic of the Aji Oro flower. You're in for a treat with those pods.

I've been having trouble keeping up this year with all the great glogs. In reference to your question about the fish emulsion. I back off of it once I see flowers as it's mainly for foliar growth.
Thank you very much, Scott! I've heard conflicting arguments about "should a bloom fert be used" or just stick with the straight fish all season. I'm not sure what to do. Lol They seem to be flowering normally so far.

Bhuter said:
Thank you very much, Scott! I've heard conflicting arguments about "should a bloom fert be used" or just stick with the straight fish all season. I'm not sure what to do. Lol They seem to be flowering normally so far.

It's a good time to experiment, pick 3 or 4 and give them something like 3-6-3 and treat a few with the fish. See what the plants like the most. I guess it all depends on what's already in your soil nutrient wise. I stopped feeding mine around 4 weeks ago. Of course a soil test is the way to go. I'll do one one of these days :rolleyes:

Devv said:
Can't ask for better than that ;)
You got that right, Scott! Here's a little better pic of the top that Yellow Primo.
kkcIDEx.jpg

Some 7 Pot Caramel (PL) pods coming on.
ksZQHRJ.jpg

My other 7 Pot Caramel (PL) is setting upright pods. Maybe they'll drop when they get heavier.
SFeXV7c.jpg

SB7J looking proper.
WR9tCtQ.jpg

And one little BBM x Madballz pod.
PMSX5S7.jpg

Slowly but surely things are moving along. I seem further behind than last year. I'm thinking the frickin' mites slowed things down. But we'll get there! Thanks for lookin' in!

Some cracking pod pics and love the canopy shot of the primo, that's huge and going to be dripping in pods of pain , that BBM x Madballz is going to be one nucleur pepper. You going to do a pod review. ? :shocked: :lol:
Killer grow love it. :crazy:

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Back