• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

stickman said:
Nah... the biggest single thing I learned in college was just where to start looking for answers to your questions. 101 classes are to teach you the concepts and the jargon to be able to discuss them. You have to supply the drive and the focus after that.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Well said!

Um, nothing wrong with using google! The best thing I learned in school was how to read. Using the Internet I learned how to get out of leaning over a 230° engine in a 117° shop and learn a new career (IT). And so much more!

Most any subject you wish to explore IS out there nowadays. I say use what's right in front of you. But always check several sources to verify it's valid information.

Devv said:

Well said!

Um, nothing wrong with using google! The best thing I learned in school was how to read. Using the Internet I learned how to get out of leaning over a 230° engine in a 117° shop and learn a new career (IT). And so much more!

Most any subject you wish to explore IS out there nowadays. I say use what's right in front of you. But always check several sources to verify it's valid information.

S'right brother! I went to college before the Internet, and hardcopy in those days was books and microfilm or microfiche. I just added Google to my list of resources is all... And +1 on cross-checking data from multiple confirmed sources.

Devv said:

I work for a school district, for the last 18 years. Technology guy. I couldn't teach kids, I would not do well. You should see what the state of Texas expects these kids to aborb. It's insane. How about when you make a purchase? I see the total, $16.43, I hand them a 20. My brain says 57 cents make 17, and 3 = 20. They can't do it. If the register did not display the change they need to tender they would be counting on fingers they don't have.

I think my first career as an emissions tech (25 years) at a GM dealership was easier on the brain. But harder on the bod..

Yeah giving change is impossible for some people without a calculator these days. I've had multiple times where I was faster in my head then they were with the calculator (Portugal has a lot of places with old cash registries). And we're just talking addition and subtraction, arguably the simplest thing in math. But then again, they might just want to double check... I try to stay positive, lol!

Sorry for the double post, missed the new page!

Devv said:

Well said!

stickman said:
S'right brother! I went to college before the Internet, and hardcopy in those days was books and microfilm or microfiche. I just added Google to my list of resources is all... And +1 on cross-checking data from multiple confirmed sources.

That's also a skill not a lot of people possess adequately: fact-checking. The number of times I've heard someone spew complete bullsh*t just as the truth just because they read it on some shady website... Oof.

b3rnd said:

Yeah giving change is impossible for some people without a calculator these days. I've had multiple times where I was faster in my head then they were with the calculator (Portugal has a lot of places with old cash registries). And we're just talking addition and subtraction, arguably the simplest thing in math. But then again, they might just want to double check... I try to stay positive, lol!
I hear ya, there. I've actually had to tell people the correct change I should get. Or the proper procedure of doing something at their own job. For instance, I can pay my phone bill at the local store. They have two computers for phone stuff: one for prepaid and one for contract phones. They ALWAYS go to the wrong one. Even though I'll tell them which one and they won't believe me. Not newbies, either. But I get it, I couldn't work customer service, either. I'd probably ask my boss first, too.

Not too much to update here, but here are a couple random pics.

My Biker Billy Jalapeño started budding at a month old. It had two buds coming from the first node. I've seen this before on other Annuums like bells, but it's only ever been on the first node. I removed 4 buds. The plant is too small to support jalapeños. Some edema photobombing.
62A0icR.jpg

And here is the clone of the 7 Pot Cinder Caramel F2 from last years' plant. It's gotten a lot of new growth since I repotted it. It too is flowering and has one pod so far.
HmCsQkg.jpg

karoo said:
Good looking Biker Billy Jal.
I always need a few Jals just for those early pods to settle the nerves . After that the other peppers can take over.

Thank you, Jacques! I know what you mean about settling your capsaicin nerves. Lol. I'm very eager to try some garden heat. I've never plucked buds before, so I hope I did the right thing. I won't have those early jalapeños you speak of. But this plant is too skinny yet, imo. How's the weather over your way?

Bhuter said:
Does anybody know what causes the outer edges of leaves to split? This is my PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 and a couple leaves have this happening.
JM5Icno.jpg
You dont eat the leaves, you wait for the pods, if you're that hungry for heat, I'm sure someone has some pods to send you , I am interested in the cause of this too, maybe a little dry? To close to a light source? I do t know, I've never encountered the edges splitting like that.

Back