• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

I can understand if you had some sort of accident when you were younger and can't taste properly.. Then sure, have your beans :rofl:

Edmick said:
The bean debate is as old as time. Just like charcoal vs propane. If you wanna cook your beans on propane then I respect your right to burn in hell.. haha

Here, we use wood. I make my own charcoal from Mesquite. And I only use the charcoal I make to get the wood going..The wood I just cooked supper on. I haven't purchased charcoal in 20 years. Propane? what's that?

Devv said:

Here, we use wood. I make my own charcoal from Mesquite. And I only use the charcoal I make to get the wood going..The wood I just cooked supper on. I haven't purchased charcoal in 20 years. Propane? what's that?

My wifes aunt has a small ranch in seguin texas and the first acre of her property is all mesquite trees. She pays people to trim it and haul it away. Not sure if it's worth anything in Texas but out here I pay good money for that wood.

Edmick said:
My wifes aunt has a small ranch in seguin texas and the first acre of her property is all mesquite trees. She pays people to trim it and haul it away. Not sure if it's worth anything in Texas but out here I pay good money for that wood.

Yeah it is! But most think it's just a weed. I make furniture out of it. And not that worm holed stuff you see on the Internet with the sap wood incorporated into the mix. I make "fine furniture". A few years ago I had a few ranchers and a large tree trimming business take down some bull Mesquite trees. I hauled them off , cut the logs into boards, and made a master bedroom suite out of some of it. A king sized bed, took 2 of us to bring in the headboard, 2 5 drawer dressers, 2 night stands, a 2 seater computer desk, and and entertainment center. And when I made the kitchen cabinets, I transitioned into the dining room with the Mesquite. Still not done, as they don't give me enough hours in a single day...

My son and his 5 kids live in Seguin; small world ;)

Devv said:

Yeah it is! But most think it's just a weed. I make furniture out of it. And not that worm holed stuff you see on the Internet with the sap wood incorporated into the mix. I make "fine furniture". A few years ago I had a few ranchers and a large tree trimming business take down some bull Mesquite trees. I hauled them off , cut the logs into boards, and made a master bedroom suite out of some of it. A king sized bed, took 2 of us to bring in the headboard, 2 5 drawer dressers, 2 night stands, a 2 seater computer desk, and and entertainment center. And when I made the kitchen cabinets, I transitioned into the dining room with the Mesquite. Still not done, as they don't give me enough hours in a single day...

My son and his 5 kids live in Seguin; small world ;)

Nice! I'm loved it there. Her aunt wants to leave us the property when she passes. Heres a view of the back of the property. And a view of the bbq but you can see all the mesquite trees in the background. Beautiful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-28-15-05-38-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-28-15-05-38-1.png
    492.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2018-04-28-15-07-02-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-28-15-07-02-1.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 51
Edmick said:
Nice! I'm loved it there. Her aunt wants to leave us the property when she passes. Heres a view of the back of the property. And a view of the bbq but you can see all the mesquite trees in the background. Beautiful.

Then you need to move to Tejas. Here's a teaser...we have 20 acres, a small home. About 2,000 sf with a 1,000 sf shop. Yearly taxes on the property...$1,700. That and no state taxes.

Exactly why I bailed from New York in 1978.

Back