• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

FearTheReaper said:
You guys seem super confident that spring has finally shown up!  I was pondering starting the process too this week, but the lows yesterday (it was about 30 degrees here) kinda scared me a little.

How many days do you spend hardening them?
I usually harden off for two weeks. I did one week last year and had a lot of sunburn.

LOL! My brother visited and bought some Fireball for his wife to sip. I hid the bottle and gave it to her after she watched this vid..

He ain't gonna be around long...

Edmick said:
Your screen name always reminds me of this guy bhuter. Lol lets see if this link works
EDIT: lets just do it this way. Skip to 3:20 lol
:rofl:
After you said that, I looked at the cover photo of the video and thought "Whyyyy?" Then I skipped to 3:20. You know, I've seen that video at least once before and it never stood out. I wasn't sure if I liked that video. Now I do. Lol

I agree that the deck staining can wait. Guy at HD told me a way to test if the deck wood is dry enough to stain. Lay something clear like glass or plexiglass or Saran Wrap down on the deck on a nice sunny day and if you get condensation underneath whatever you laid down , the decking is too wet and the stain won’t stick as good as it should. Digging this warm weather though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
I agree that the deck staining can wait. Guy at HD told me a way to test if the deck wood is dry enough to stain. Lay something clear like glass or plexiglass or Saran Wrap down on the deck on a nice sunny day and if you get condensation underneath whatever you laid down , the decking is too wet and the stain wont stick as good as it should. Digging this warm weather though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How very interesting! The stuff we learn. Lol. Is it supposed to be a warm one over your way today, too? Gonna get the plants out again shortly.

That didn't take long.

GndNvPB.jpg

Of course, being liquid, it sprung a leak. The lid wasn't on correctly and the inner seal was open just enough. Not much was lost, though. Just enough that I had to wipe the bottle down. No big deal. It's all there. The envelope (yes, envelope) was bubble wrap-lined, so nothing got wet. All is well!

Here's the back:
L54fVdy.jpg

We'll see how it goes the next week or longer while they're still in pots.

Bhuter said:
That didn't take long.

GndNvPB.jpg

Of course, being liquid, it sprung a leak. The lid wasn't on correctly and the inner seal was open just enough. Not much was lost, though. Just enough that I had to wipe the bottle down. No big deal. It's all there. The envelope (yes, envelope) was bubble wrap-lined, so nothing got wet. All is well!

Here's the back:
L54fVdy.jpg

We'll see how it goes the next week or longer while they're still in pots.

Looks like it's well balanced with some minerals thrown in there too..
 What's your game plan on it's use?

Devv said:

Looks like it's well balanced with some minerals thrown in there too..
 What's your game plan on it's use?

I think I'm going to give them 1/4 tsp/gal every watering while they're still in pots. If they respond well to that, I'll probably up it to 1/2 tsp/gal when they go in the garden. I'm just going at this with what I've heard/read about this product. It's all gonna be trial and error. Lol

Bhuter said:
I think I'm going to give them 1/4 tsp/gal every watering while they're still in pots. If they respond well to that, I'll probably up it to 1/2 tsp/gal when they go in the garden. I'm just going at this with what I've heard/read about this product. It's all gonna be trial and error. Lol

Keep us posted!

If it's anything like the grow formula, I think the 1/4 teaspoon would be a good starting point. I've been going back and forth between 10mls per 5 gallons twice a week and 8mls per 5 gallons twice per week and they seem to like the 10mls twice per week a little better which works out to be 0.4 teaspoons per gallon. I also have to give them a little cal mag once a week but that's because i'm growing in coir. If you're growing in soil then there should be enough cal mag in it already. It may be a little different with the foliage pro but the grow and foliage pro are somewhat similar from everything I've read so you may end up with close to the same dosages that i'm using. My plants show results within a few days so you should be able to dial in your dosages pretty quickly. Best of luck to you buddy!

Edmick said:
If it's anything like the grow formula, I think the 1/4 teaspoon would be a good starting point. I've been going back and forth between 10mls per 5 gallons twice a week and 8mls per 5 gallons twice per week and they seem to like the 10mls twice per week a little better which works out to be 0.4 teaspoons per gallon. I also have to give them a little cal mag once a week but that's because i'm growing in coir. If you're growing in soil then there should be enough cal mag in it already. It may be a little different with the foliage pro but the grow and foliage pro are somewhat similar from everything I've read so you may end up with close to the same dosages that i'm using. My plants show results within a few days so you should be able to dial in your dosages pretty quickly. Best of luck to you buddy!
Thank you very much! Sounds like they're liking it more than predicted. Lol. Do you only water twice a week, or do you use plain water in between? Should I feed every other watering or every watering, in your opinion?
I'll probably be using garden lime once they go in the ground because I've had BER problems before. So I'm glad you use cal-mag. That makes me feel better about giving them lime.

I have a few plants that are yellowish, so I'm hoping this'll bring them back.

Thanks again!

I do sunday morning and Wednesday evening. If they get a little dry in between I give them a small drink of plain water but not too much cuz I like to give them a full drench on feeding day and flush out any old buildup in the soil. I've had to alter it the last week though cuz my temps have been all over the place so I've had to delay feeding for a day or so til the soil dries out and i'm not flooding the roots. But ideally, I personally like one small watering in between feedings. Seems to be working well so far but i'll have to adjust as the weather changes. If your weather is still pretty damp and your soil isn't drying out that well in between feeding, you might wanna only feed once per week but increase the concentration.

Edmick said:
I do sunday morning and Wednesday evening. If they get a little dry in between I give them a small drink of plain water but not too much cuz I like to give them a full drench on feeding day and flush out any old buildup in the soil. I've had to alter it the last week though cuz my temps have been all over the place so I've had to delay feeding for a day or so til the soil dries out and i'm not flooding the roots. But ideally, I personally like one small watering in between feedings. Seems to be working well so far but i'll have to adjust as the weather changes. If your weather is still pretty damp and your soil isn't drying out that well in between feeding, you might wanna only feed once per week but increase the concentration.
Thanks again! You've helped out a lot! Now I know where to start.

Oh, I've figured out why I have some yellowish plants. They're starving. I've been giving them a bit of MG, but I forgot it was a weak mix. It was what I started feeding them. Foliage Pro will help out tremendously.

Back