• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Devv said:
Wow, it seems you have "real" nurseries where you live, that actually have a selection.

Maybe I just need to get out more?
I love going there. It's like Christmas. Sometimes you find gold. That's where I bought a "mushroom pepper" that turned out to be a bishops crown. I've been growing it ever since. Lol. Not to get ahead of myself...again...but the Sugar Rush Peach I picked up there might actually be a Baccatum. It was so short and bushy that I thought it was a Chinense. But it's growing only one flower per node with a longer flower stem. Flowers haven't opened yet, but I'm thinking it'll at least be a Baccatum. I'll post flower pics when they open.

BSH said:
Hey Adam...my cinder f2 looks glorious. I hope the pods come out as gnarly as yours have! Maybe a peach variant? That would be awesome
Hey, Brandon! Peach would be awesome! There's no telling what color F2 will bring. I'm still hoping for Caramel in F3 and beyond. I have 4 plants of F3 in the garden. But I'm eyeballing one plant in particular. I really hope that plant is Caramel. The other three plants have a leaf or two that looked "wonky". This plant has none of that. Thank you for growing F2! I can't wait to see the monsters you grow!

BSH said:
Little scrawny but secondary growth is kicking in big-time. Very happy to grow this out for you. I wish I had done 3!
663a97cc3acd336ace1230637eca7d1c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
:woohoo:
It's starting to flower!!! Looks great! I'm sorry man. I'll get you some F4's this year. I can't wait to see the pods. They're gonna be gnarly.

I always thought the pro tekt was more for hydro cuz theres usually enough silica in soil already but apparently some people swear by using it in soil too. I've used silica before in an attempt to help with heat stress and didn't really notice any appreciable difference. The product I used was a water soluble powder made by NPK industries though.

Chilidude said:
Dyna-gro foliage pro should already have enough of potash for chili growing, so the pro-tekt stuff might just be a kind of undeeded.

I was kinda worried about that. Maybe it'll just be overkill.

Edmick said:
I always thought the pro tekt was more for hydro cuz theres usually enough silica in soil already but apparently some people swear by using it in soil too. I've used silica before in an attempt to help with heat stress and didn't really notice any appreciable difference. The product I used was a water soluble powder made by NPK industries though.
I saw a soil comparison and there was a slight difference. A sturdier plant. But who knows. I guess I'll just give it a try!

Bhuter said:
Just ordered some of this to add to my Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro dilution. Anybody ever try it?
lx2c5e0.png

C6eeVrl.png
i picked some up this year in hopes to strengthen the stems on some of the taller varieties that little bottle is going to last a lonnng time 

Edmick said:
well shit  :confused:  my potting mix isn't really soil-less, but its not really soil either  {pro-mix HP, more Perlite, composted Manure, worm Castings, mushroom Compost, garden tone 3-4-4 added at final transplant, and i use a little Botanicare pure blend pro bloom 1-4-5 about a month later every other watering if they still dont seem far enough along yet }

I found some purple volunteer peppers growing alongside a plant I planted. The only purples I had last year were a PDN and a Pimenta Leopard. There was a Cinder in this hole last year as is this year, too. I pulled one before I noticed what it was. Then I found two more...then a third. Should I dig them up and pot them?
Ai5EYrm.jpg

Bhuter said:
I found some purple volunteer peppers growing alongside a plant I planted. The only purples I had last year were a PDN and a Pimenta Leopard. There was a Cinder in this hole last year as is this year, too. I pulled one before I noticed what it was. Then I found two more...then a third. Should I dig them up and pot them?
Ai5EYrm.jpg
 If you think they will produce in your grow time span, well sure ;)

From above: I'm a real fan of feeding every two weeks with half or less doses if the plants need nutes. That way I have better control over the feeding. :shh:

I would try to save them, but then, I'll transplant carrot thinnings, too.

I'm pretty sure I have at least a couple of Cinder F2 going from seeds Scott sent to me. And most of the other seeds you sent me are up and running. This weekend I'll pot up and inventory what's what.

Sawyer said:
I would try to save them, but then, I'll transplant carrot thinnings, too.

I'm pretty sure I have at least a couple of Cinder F2 going from seeds Scott sent to me. And most of the other seeds you sent me are up and running. This weekend I'll pot up and inventory what's what.
Sounds fantastic! If you got Cinder seeds from Scott, they should be F3. That's awesome that you're growing it! :woohoo:
Thank you!

Devv said:

From above: I'm a real fan of feeding every two weeks with half or less doses if the plants need nutes. That way I have better control over the feeding. :shh:
I’m doing the half dose every 2 weeks also. I’m trying out Jobes Organic Tomato and Vegetable fertilizer. Hopefully I won’t get the BER on my tomatoes this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devv said:

Thanks, Scott! I was thinking of fertilizing with a little stronger of a solution seeing as how they're in-ground now, but maybe I should stay with the same strength just to start. But every two weeks sounds about right.
PtMD989 said:
Im doing the half dose every 2 weeks also. Im trying out Jobes Organic Tomato and Vegetable fertilizer. Hopefully I wont get the BER on my tomatoes this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had BER a couple years ago on my peppers & maters and I added some Espoma Garden Lime. It fixed it right up for me.

I thought I posted this here, but I guess I didn't. Edmick was kind enough to send us one of the clones he took and rooted of the Desmodium Gyrans plant a.k.a. The Dancing Plant. :dance: We are uber excited to have this and are very grateful! My gf had taken over ownership of it before it even arrived and then proceeded to name it. Now she can't give me sh!t about me loving my plants too much. Lol
PLwCmaO.jpg

Back