smokers Big Green Egg

My guess is that the dude who broke that BGE used a hand drill (probably RYOBI lololol) and this $3 drillbit from walmart.
IMG_1410.JPG

In a controlled situation, this would work.
IMG_1411.JPG

Scoville DeVille said:
I should back that up with it is possible to redrill that hole. Under VERY controlled circumstances. A high quality diamond core bit, water and stability are the most necessary points to make that happen.

All of the worst days of my life converge upon the cut-out and hole-enlargement of brittle materials ...

Really need that precise, rigid perpendicular or else the wobble-wallow's goin'fuckya real guud,  and radiant shockwaves ...

Or, "the holes aren't lining up through the faucet pre-drills, into the porcelain farm sink the cabinet people installer off-center, can you enlarge the holes 3/16" all the way around and keep it hidden under the escutcheon?" ...

#DIAF

:Rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know man, you and me are basically in the same industry. Those calls are sometimes hillarious.

I get this call: "We did our own tile in the shower and now we need to hang (cheap ass crap from Home Depot no doubt) our shower doors, and were wondering if you could come out and drill the holes through the tile for them?"

I don't either ...

Ashen does good work with his CrayCort though - which is a cool system of interchangeable plates ...

I actually have a quote in my Inbox for a custom SS replacement greate for the Akorn, but I'd lose the upper rack ...

I imagine the time I trash it out too badly, such that I can't EasyOff them and reseason in an hour - I'll move on from it.

My other complaint is that I have found the perceived "smoke" to be more subtle from how frugal it burns fuel ...

I like the marks from CI, the fat marks and it carries a perceived value of cooking/searing better... A PITA to clean and maintain, and in the NE, they will rust, even covered and maintained.

For smoking though, no need at all!

Maybe I should have "sagging" instead of warping. Over time, and intense heat, this happens.

Also, FYI, this picture reminds me, last year during grilling season, there were several stories of people getting sicker than shit, and it turned out it was that they ingested metal fibers from the grill brush. Just a heads up to be careful with that.

I always get my grill hot until they look ashy, then take the brush to them, at that point the grates are clean but just before I put the food on, I wipe them down with a paper towel soaked in veg oil (with tongs lol) it burns off immediately, but this makes a very clean grate and also the food doesn't stick as bad.

IMG_1414.JPG

Back