• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Big Ol' Thick Steak

I made a good steak the other night.

1001004n.jpg

1001005f.jpg

Just sea salt, cracked black pepper, and garlic. So good.

I love it Jay.
Just one thing...

Let the staek rest, and take the picture BEFORE snorting all the juiceynessess.

4-1/2 outta 5.

Steak in a stainless pan? Booo. That's not a sear that's burnt peppercorns disguised as a sear. Get the CI out pronto or The TB will take you to the woodshed. Woodshed!

TB who? he don't know who he is anymore....

Last I heard he was chasing 30 gallons of Turkey Smagma out of the walk-in, and went home cuz it grossed him out.

He only uses HIS Ci for making homemade no-fat, Gluten-free, Fat-free, Tortillas.

Or a serving dish for Crocked Beans...

I hate to admit this, but I am not "allowed" to use my cast iron on the stove anymore. Seems it will ruin the ceramic top... I have to use it on the grill. Stainless works just fine if you have it screaming hot, which you should be able to tell, it was. Either way, the steak was divine.

TB who? he don't know who he is anymore....

Last I heard he was chasing 30 gallons of Turkey Smagma out of the walk-in, and went home cuz it grossed him out.

He only uses HIS Ci for making homemade no-fat, Gluten-free, Fat-free, Tortillas.

Or a serving dish for Crocked Beans...

Look what TB is cooking tomorrow...

tofuturkeyheader.jpg

Bwahahaha. Nice diversion tactic JayT. Back to picking on the vegan cowboy.

All you gots to do is scrub the underside of ANY pan.
It's the underside side CheeseGunk that heats up, and ends up on the ceramic top and burns on.
You can safely use Wright's cream, and/or a razor blade.

It's just about the gunk on the underside of the pan. Not WHAT the pan is made of.

Believe me.

Yeah, but when we bought the stove it said not to use cast iron on it and she will not let that go. I know I won't hurt it, but it doesn't matter.

Oh and its not the burning stuff on it that is the problem, it says that cast iron will scratch the surface.

Porcelain= 1

Cast Iron= 0

Ceramic/Porcelain is the next hardest thing to Diamonds.

Or TB in the Soy Section.

Tell her to quit scrubbing the stove-top with that Big-Ol wedding rang...

Just what in the hail tarnation is goin' on here in this thread now Margot?

Steak looks extry good Jay.

Ain't no shame in cooking it in stainless.

Except for maybe wearing a skirt while doing so.

But hey, what you do in the privacy of your own home is your own 'bidness.

What really concerns me is that pussy stovetop chingaderra.

What is that crap even made out of?

Recycled Barbie and Cabbage Patch dolls?

What kind of heat coils or heat source is under the ceramic?

Eazy-Bake Oven light's is my guess.

You were probably shooting for medium rare on the steak and one of them Christmas tree lights you were cooking it over went out because it couldn't handle more than 3 watts.

I can see having to go 'lectric n' all, (hell, even I got no gas service in my area either) but man you didn't have to go all candy ass Rock Hudson on the dang thang.

A stove should have the ability to either have the ability to have flames or at least have the possibility of catching something on fire.

You got like one of them new fangled Boy George Signature Kitchen units.

I bet it came with a free pair of velvet elvis kitchen mittens and a compact powder kit with a mirror.

You be all cookin' up the medicine and mixin' it in the basement n' sheeit.

Still, its a nice looking steak.

What kind of meat was that anyway?

Tree sloth?

Back