• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bigcedar 2019

[SIZE=11pt]Hi everyone! It’s been quite a few years since I’ve posted and after lurking around for the last couple months all excited about growing peppers again I decided it was time for a THP reunion :party:[/SIZE]  I’m happy to see a small handful of familiar faces still around and I’m Iooking forward to getting to know the rest of you guys and gals!

[SIZE=11pt]Quite a bit has changed in the last 6 years. Life was pretty crazy for awhile. The best news I feel like is that we are now homeowners on 5 acres. Left the rental in the city for a home in the country :) We lived in a trailer for 7 months while it was being built. It was one heck of an experience my family and I will never forget that’s for sure![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It’s been a full year since we got in our house. We absolutely love our house, we love living out in the country. Life is good. I spent last year planting stuff that takes a few years to produce well, an orchard, berries of all kinds, meadow flowers, and countless perennial flowers and trees. I swear I dug 3,000 holes last year. So this year it’s back to the important things, like growing chile peppers! I have some pretty intense ADHD like behaviors when it comes to hobbies. I’ve been borderline obsessed with quite a few in my days. I go big or go home and then I eventually get bored.. I find a new interest to obsess over and move on from the last. Growing peppers is the only hobby I’ve ever had that I always end up crawling back to. So here I am, growing some damn superhots again. A few months late, impulsive, but screw it, I’m going for it. A good 2 acres of the property is in full sun from sunup, to sundown and that’s double the direct sunlight that I’ve ever had in past grows, I’m okay with a game of catch up! [/SIZE]

N7c4nC9.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Alright here we go.. Let the glog begin![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well first off, during the big move I lost, or threw away my superhot seed collection... It was a good 300 variety + collection. I treated my house like I was the DEA and my seed collection was 50 kilos of Columbian snow. I looked in, under, over, and to the side of everything we own. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Man that was hard to swallow! No reason to dwell though, time to start over. I’ve been out of the game so long that I’d never heard of White Hot Peppers but they had some cool varieties that I’ve never seen and I read some good things here. I cannot say enough good things myself. Super fast shipping, quality seeds and tons of freebies I wanted to buy but restrained myself from! I felt like a little kid at Christmas time opening up that package. Thanks alot WHP![/SIZE]

qiNRlwL.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Time to plant some seeds! I normally would have liked to have these in dirt by the end of February at the latest. Well that time has past, better late than never. Planted 4.10 My plan is to OW anything I feel is worth it, I think I have room for 40-60 overwinters, so even if I don’t get pods of these, I’ll be completely okay with a large plant that I can OW that will kill it next year. I did cheat a little bit as well and have some plants coming any day from cross country nurseries :shh:[/SIZE]  (just in case I lose this game of catch up! It's my pod insurance policy!!)

NGBGGeR.jpg

gzKILfV.jpg

Typical rainy April day in Western Washington!

wLfuUbo.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Another issue, I sold all of my HOT5’s, MH’s, HPS’s, and seed heating mats back in the "holy shit we need more money!" moving days. Living out in the country has a way of teaching you how to jerry-rig so with that said...  How do I heat up these seeds without spending money.. Rubbermaid, old pots, old flats, a reptile heating mat, a baby chick heat lamp, lid, reptile thermostat and…. Walaa! [/SIZE]

muZumTw.jpg

af05Obe.jpg

Yep.... that'll work!

It's pretty ghetto I know and a lot different than using all the fancy equipment that I've gotten use to over the years but it'll do I think!

Should be seeing sprouts soon, CCN plants are coming in any day and I do have a few nursery bought plants I'm testing some new soil out with right now while using my aquarium plant LED light  :lol:

I have a bad habit of overfilling my time plate if you will, and back in 2016 I did just that. I thought it would be a great idea to grow again even with all of life's other things going on at the time. I embarked on my largest superhot grow to date after taking 3 years off.. Well, I barely had time to sleep that year, seriously.. But! I did accomplish my biggest and best grow yet! It was flawless from start to finish. I was pretty damn proud of it! All the while wishing I had time to post about it here on THP and that time was definitely not there. So, with that said I have to just share a few pics from that grow.. It was pretty nuts, I ended up having to move right as the major harvesting was going on and intense processing was about to start. I barely got to enjoy any of the peppers, lost most of it due to needing to find a new home and fast but that was totally okay, I had a ton of fun that year, I proved myself to myself that year. It was good!  :)

July 2016

XhexB8N.jpg

My daughter jumping so I could see where she was at  :lol:
August..

ZL8VJql.jpg

September..

R0OFx4U.jpg

and.. October.

H5j34hj.jpg

DU82xV0.jpg

XMUlyzU.jpg

:cool:

Well, it's good to be back! I gotta start meeting new chile people and checking out all these glogs! Til next time!
Brandon

lespaulde said:
I'm impressed with everything you're doing, and let me just say "hats off" to how you handle keeping your significant other happy; definitely something we all seem to have to manoeuvre around, and you seem to have it down to an art form! :) She's definitely a keeper, and I guess all the good ones know how much it means to us to have this hobby!

That light looks like serious business, that should definitely help kick start all your seedlings into proper trees sooner than later!

Super exciting about your other plants arriving soon, looking forward to seeing the pics on those and watching them develop!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! She is a keeper for sure. We've been married for 9 years now and have never spent a day apart since day 1 so I guess that means we like each other eh? lol. It is true, it's very important to let your significant other dive into hobbies or things they enjoy otherwise there's resentment and that never works out well for anyone! Plants are here, I'm pretty damn excited about em, I was racing home when my wife told me she just received an email that they were dropped off, really nice to be growing again! Thanks for stopping by!

PtMD989 said:
I hear ya, about the wife not liking your grow setup, which your setup idea is awesome IMO. [emoji106]. My wife don’t like me to get my seeds started at home because my pots and planters aren’t pretty enough [emoji848] they don’t match the house decor. So I do all my seed starting at work [emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that is too funny! You should consider finding some spray paint that matches the kitchen cabinets and go to town on some flats and nursery cans and see how it works out for ya lol, I would totally do that!

"wtf is this?"

"well, they do match now..."  :lol:

Mildfruit said:

In another hobby forum I participate in (Home automation forums), we use a phrase "WAF", short for "Wife Acceptance Factor", I feel the same expression can be used here. 

:rofl:  I am so using that! Oh man that is some funny shit. Even had my wife laughing her ass off. 

Here's one my wife loves to use on me...

"You may be the head of the household but I'm the neck and I can turn the head annnnnnyway I would like"
:rolleyes:  :rofl:  :neutral:

Devv said:

Brandon, your enthusiasm is fantastic ;)

Might I ask where you scored all those goodies? I live in the boonies and the good stuff is non existent.

As for WAF, what I did was get her involved and started growing more stuff she could use (and like), so she's fully invested now.

I'm looking forward to watching your grow this year!

Hey Devv! First off I have your glog in my crosshairs... I need to get over there! I'm trying to knock out a good 3-5 glogs a day playing catch up! Thanks for the compliments! I have a tendency to have a bit of a V8 motor of a mouth  :shh: that combined with being overly excited to grow again is probably where the enthusiasm comes from  :lol:  I got the goodies from a place called Black Lake Organics, they specialize in organic meals at wholesale pricing here in WA.. You would have to search and see if you have something like it in your area. It's a life saver, 140lbs worth of meals for 150$. If I tried to buy what I bought there at a hydro shop I would be willing to guess it would have been easily 500-600 dollars later and that ain't happenin! 

That's cool your wife gardens with ya! My wife is pretty neutral when it comes to gardening. She thinks it's cool and all, eats some, cooks with it, humors me, listens, looks, and waters my stuff when I'm at work but there's no shovel and gloves in her day to day activities that's for sure. I'm okay with that, I have full control of what, when and how when it comes to the yard.

PtMD989 said:
Home automation, eh.
I kinda got that at my house, whenever I’m home my wife automatically tells me what to, what needs to be done, how it should be done [emoji16].
But she did get me a raised bed a few years ago, cause the 5 gal bucket garden, she didn’t like how it looked [emoji16]

Oh man you're killing me here   :rofl:  too freaking funny! Hey that's a win with the raised bed I don't care who you are! Again, maybe paint some of those 5 gals to match the trim on your exterior and maybe you could get away with a few I'd pay to see that  :rofl:  

Thanks for stopping by everyone! 

Edit.... I guess I should hop on that band wagon eh?

Accidental PT!

Devv said:
Might I ask where you scored all those goodies? I live in the boonies and the good stuff is non existent.

BigCedar said:
I got the goodies from a place called Black Lake Organics
The bags looked familiar to me so I looked closely at the labels and it looks like the branding is Marion Ag Services. I guess Black Lake is a distributor?

http://www.blacklakeorganic.com
http://marionag.com

The bags look at lot like the products available here locally at Nitron Industries. (And I was wondering how their products wound up in Washington.)

http://www.gardeniq.com

I didn't see where Black Lake or Marion Ag will ship to retail customers, but Nitron will. I have no idea how cost effective that might be, but if one were desperate...

Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in Nitron Industries/Garden IQ, beyond supporting local business. I have used their products to good effect. The Formula A-35 is good stuff.

The CCN plants showed up yesterday! I was quite excited and pleased! I've never purchased live plants and have always done seeds but with how late into the season we are like I stated earlier I figured it wasn't a bad idea to get a few. CCN did a fantastic job packaging, the plants looked great, nice and healthy. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering buying live plants. Quite happy with the purchase!

Here they are soaking in some in some cloudy UV after being in a box for a few days

c7pLqIg.jpg

I guess I should tell you all what they are! So... I bought 18 plants, 2 for a coworker and the rest were...

7 Red
7 Douglah
7 Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Brain Strain Red
Brain Strain Yellow
Fatalii
Moruga Scorpion Red
Moruga Scorpion Chocolate
Moruga Scorpion Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion
Primo Yellow
Naga Morich

I went with quite a few of the OGs if you will, the original supers that got me into the hobby to begin with years ago before there was 12,948 hybrids out there  :fireball:

Got to mixing up some dirt and amendments.... Kadie making an appearance, she couldn't wait 2 minutes to come over and lay on the tarp. 

uidDpG2.jpg

Top dress...

HqBtDuE.jpg

And done! I've seen quite a few dogs on glogs out there that are all up in your business while your gardening.. Yeah.. I have that same problem  :rolleyes:

LowaCIH.jpg

Well I got them all potted up.. In the rain and wind.. I went to turn on the hose and our well water is always ice cold.. Thought about it... Nope these plants need some luke warm water, they've traveled across the country in a box it's the least I can do right!   :lol:  So I brought em in, and gave em all some warm water. 

U3WeVwQ.jpg

4GZDADQ.jpg

Yep.. Bella still all up in my business. 

ZpIfLGX.jpg

I kept them on the ground for a bit and brought them closer and closer throughout the night and will continue today. I wanna ease em into the 1000 watter I very slightly burnt my Caribbean when I brought them in the other day. Note to self 28 inches wasn't enough! All in all the plants got some new dirt, and are currently working on their core strength at the box fan gym  :lol:

Good to have a decent amount of plants again  :cool:

Hope all is well with everyone!

Brandon

Glad the plants came in looking so nice ;)

You mentioned the well water was so cold. Have you tried to let it run a bit? Our well water is a bit warm compared to when I first turn it on during cold weather. I hope yours is better than mine, PH=8.4

So inquiring minds want to know (eh, me ;)) what goes into your soil mix? I have been using 6 gal ratio:
5 parts potting soil--part=gallon
1 part compost
1 cup fish bone meal
.5 gal perlite
2.7 cups tomato tone
a bit of kelp meal and some Azomite

Keep it green!

PtMD989 said:
Yes raised beds are the way to go, for me, compared to buckets.
The buckets did match the trim,kinda,both are white, maybe figure out how to put vinyl siding on the bucket, eh.

Now that's an idea right there!  :rofl:

DWB said:
I like your dogs a lot. Your Kadie reminds me so much of a dear friend's black lab named Kady. She was lost quite a few years ago to cancer at a young age. Tragic.

That is too bad I'm sorry to hear that, we almost lost ours at 4 months old (not too long ago) she ate something that didn't agree with her. Ended up flipping her intestines inside out ( didn't know that was even possible ) the vet said it was the first time in 10 years that she had seen it, we either had to open her up and fix the problem, quoted 5 grand  :shocked: , or put her down.. Well ya see she's still around... Ended up being 3,700  :rolleyes:  I remind her weekly in someway or another when shes doing something she shouldn't be that I saved her life and she better act accordingly!

Devv said:
Glad the plants came in looking so nice ;)

You mentioned the well water was so cold. Have you tried to let it run a bit? Our well water is a bit warm compared to when I first turn it on during cold weather. I hope yours is better than mine, PH=8.4

So inquiring minds want to know (eh, me ;)) what goes into your soil mix? I have been using 6 gal ratio:
5 parts potting soil--part=gallon
1 part compost
1 cup fish bone meal
.5 gal perlite
2.7 cups tomato tone
a bit of kelp meal and some Azomite

Keep it green!

Thanks Scott! Too funny I just got done with your glog and asked what you use for soil! Oh yeah, the longer it runs the colder it gets. We have a 400 footer so it's pretty damn deep sucking water from a lake near by. Its frigid even when its 100 degrees out. I enjoy it then! Man we got so lucky with our water... It's really damn good.. last I checked PH was 6.7-6.9 if I remember correctly been a year or so. Makes for cleaning my fish tank pretty damn easy. No conditioner needed. 

As for as soil goes I'll tell ya what I'm use to doing and what I'm trying this year

I kinda high jacked this mixture and tweaked it a bit from an old friend of mine on here who isn't around anymore Greg (Pic1) 
I've used this in every past grow after 2012...

-50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest ( both foxfarms )
-Added 10% compost to the mix
-Heavy on all the meals listed above and sometimes others I could get my hands on

I never measure the meals, but after I mix a batch of soil ( Average 10 cuft ) I top dress the entire pile until the soil is barely visible and mix. 

I use compost tea sometimes if I get around to it but it's rare. I'm gonna make a bigger effort to do that this year. No fertilizers all season just soil. 2016 for example (post #1) I did nothing but water all season.

I've learned a lot about soil over the years and by no means do I consider myself an expert and continue to learn. A lot of that knowledge came from Rich (pepperguru) and many others but he's definitely the front runner. He was one of the main reasons I dropped conventional growing all together and went full organic and haven't looked back since. I still remember his like 9 foot fatalii swaying in the wind like it was yesterday back in 2012. That image was all it took for me to switch. Looks like that mad man is still around I need to pay him a visit!!

This year so far I'm using 

-50/50 mix of Ocean Forest and a local company that is available at wholesale pricing for me at my work, Carpinito Brothers Organic Potting Mix.
-10% compost.
-Same on meals.

I've been burnt pretty terribly during my first big grow (still got PTSD over it!) skimping on dirt so I'm keeping a very close eye on the local soil results as to not repeat. Even though I'm on 5 acres I'll be growing 100% containers so I'm really hoping this dirt works as I'd like to switch over 100% to the local company I can get for 3$ a bag and cut Fox Farms out of the picture with it being 18$ a bag it can get rather expensive when you're planning on 50-100 7 gallon pots. 

Here's the local stuff..

LRCKQd1.jpg

0yzUGhP.jpg

Time will tell!

Thanks for the replies and stopping by everyone  :cheers:

Has anyone else gotten to the point of being so impatient that you go and dig up your seeds to see what the hell was going on under there?

Well. I did.. and have..  I really need to work on that. 

Day 8 today, I was starting to think my ghetto seed starting set up was failing me but, second seed dug...

v46SZmM.jpg

I just need to calm to simmer the f*** down...
Walk away Brandon walk away!  :seeya:

BigCedar said:
Has anyone else gotten to the point of being so impatient that you go and dig up your seeds to see what the hell was going on under there?

Day 8 today, I was starting to think my ghetto seed starting set up was failing me but, second seed dug...

Dig them up? Heavens no, I might get my hands dirty!

...Instead I put them in these  :dance:
THP_20190419_1_x.jpg
THP_20190419_2_x.jpg

BigCedar said:

v46SZmM.jpg

I've never dug them up, but check like 5 times a day...yes! Re-plant after 15 days, yes, and wind up with 20+ of the same plant, that I only wanted 2 of, yes!

Brandon! Great to read about your life since we
last saw each other at chili fest 2012 (?). You have
been a busy boy! I remember a pic of your daughter
helping you with your pepper stuff in back in the day.
Guess she is a bit more grown up now!

Congratulations on your great property and new house.
That has to feel really good, my friend. I have thought
about you and your honey often in the intervening years,
and am glad to be back contact!

As for the grow you have going, I really like your soil
prep routine. I remember liking it in your 2012 grow as
well. Great you have a source of inexpensive meals.
The cost is one of the things that keeps me from using
them. But, I can see the upside of doing it your way.
Guru is a great spreader of organic love!

Good on ya for ordering the plants. Why take chances?
Now you will have a nice summer grow, and some plants
from seed to make into OWs! I am looking forward to see
your magic this season. I remember when you moved
all your plants and the 1000 watt light into the garage
at the end of the season back in 2012. Man, that was epic!

Surfing through, and not thoroughly reading a darn thing, I notice FATALII!!!! I was late planting my Peach Fatalii this year and I'm still waiting for it to pop. I might beg you for some crunchy, painfully satisfying Fatalii pods later in the year.... Lol.

Great list and CCN was a great choice! I hope they harden off without a problem.

Spork said:

Dig them up? Heavens no, I might get my hands dirty!

...Instead I put them in these  :dance:

Haha! Man I really need to start doing that next year it would solve alot of anxiety! 

PtMD989 said:
Patience, grasshopper [emoji16]

I wish I had more of that every day of my life!

Devv said:

I've never dug them up, but check like 5 times a day...yes! Re-plant after 15 days, yes, and wind up with 20+ of the same plant, that I only wanted 2 of, yes!

:rofl: Glad I'm not alone!!

PaulG said:
Brandon! Great to read about your life since we
last saw each other at chili fest 2012 (?). You have
been a busy boy! I remember a pic of your daughter
helping you with your pepper stuff in back in the day.
Guess she is a bit more grown up now!

Congratulations on your great property and new house.
That has to feel really good, my friend. I have thought
about you and your honey often in the intervening years,
and am glad to be back contact!

As for the grow you have going, I really like your soil
prep routine. I remember liking it in your 2012 grow as
well. Great you have a source of inexpensive meals.
The cost is one of the things that keeps me from using
them. But, I can see the upside of doing it your way.
Guru is a great spreader of organic love!

Good on ya for ordering the plants. Why take chances?
Now you will have a nice summer grow, and some plants
from seed to make into OWs! I am looking forward to see
your magic this season. I remember when you moved
all your plants and the 1000 watt light into the garage
at the end of the season back in 2012. Man, that was epic!

Thanks for stopping by Paul! Yes it has been too long we will have to try and get together this year! My daughter is almost 9 now if you can believe that, and not near as interested in helping me garden anymore lol. I'll have to get a picture here soon! And yes, too busy for that matter! Been a crazy last 8 years, don't know if I told ya but early 2013 (when I went MIA) they made me manager of the ol produce market, getting use to that took a few years. It sucked at first I'm not gonna lie. Everyone's problems are now your problems and everyone's f** ups are now your f** ups, it was so much simpler when I just had to make the store and plants look pretty! Lol. We'll I must be use to it now because its kind of a breeze these days and I really enjoy it. Gotta good crew! Probably the best part is being the plant buyer for our nursery section, I basically shop for myself  :lol: Found a Trinidad Scorpion and Bhut plant supplier last week as a matter of fact!  :party:  Alright enough life story! Thanks for the good words Paul, I'm pretty happy that I ordered some plants too, I'm looking at my sprouts thinking man it's gonna take a freaking miracle to see a pod on these things this year, well see! That garage was too funny lol, I did it again to ripen 240 of those 2016 plants couldn't even walk in that thing and it was double decked on tables! This winters gonna be interesting... Don't have a garage yet so I'm just picturing plants placed randomly all throughout the house. I did make sure they put extra windows in when they built the place for a reason! Don't tell my wife my plans!  :shh:

Bhuter said:
Surfing through, and not thoroughly reading a darn thing, I notice FATALII!!!! I was late planting my Peach Fatalii this year and I'm still waiting for it to pop. I might beg you for some crunchy, painfully satisfying Fatalii pods later in the year.... Lol.

Great list and CCN was a great choice! I hope they harden off without a problem.

Adam! Haha! that is totally ok with me I try to keep the picture portion entertaining! Lol. Peach Fatalii eh? I don't think I've ever seen one let alone tried! Sounds tasty! I will most certainly send you some fatalii pods no begging necessary, I got you! Kind of a fun story, Fataliis and this hobby go way back with me actually.. Fatalii was one of the first plants I had ever grown, the first "hot" one for sure, I had no interest in spicy food, never had tried a jalapeno for that matter, I was 21 years old at that time too. I didn't care one bit about peppers or gardening. I guess I had never been around either growing up. I saw a "HOT Fatalii" at a nursery that year while killing time with my wife (girlfriend at the time) I thought it was a pretty plant for some reason, I had no idea what a "fatalii" was, kinda weird how I was drawn to it considering I had never gardened in my life and quite frankly had never eaten any peppers of any sort. I bought that plant, then over the next month came a few more hot peppers, matters, zucs, cucs... I filled my mother in laws deck up that season and was completely addicted to gardening by June! I loved watching how the chiles grew, I was obsessed, before I had even seen or tried a pod for that matter lol. History ever since! I still have a picture somewhere of me with that fatalii plant, rockin some ripped up abercrombie jeans and sporting a beer in hand lol. good times. 

I'll have an update at some point tonight I hope!
Thanks for stopping by everyone!  :cheers:

Time to get an update out there before I go back to the daily grind tomorrow!

Sprouts have finally arrived! 3 for 3 on the Leviathan Scorpion, really excited to grow this one out. The 7Cinder and these were definitely my 1st and 2nd round draft picks when I was seed shopping at WHP!

OsIrEze.jpg

The CCN plants have really started to take shape, tried to get a decent aerial shot. Bare with me on the lighting in these shots, trying to get consistent lighting under this 1000 watter with an Iphone is next to impossible, I tried lol.

fPFayrw.jpg

Here's a pic to show the side by side in kitchen lighting, you can really see the green difference here.
Left side, the day I got them in the mail and potted up, right side is 5 days later. Quite a difference! Crazy what 5 days will do.

KYKGbk0.jpg

How about some plant spotlights!
Here is Ms. Fatalii. Interesting growth pattern that I'm not use to with other fatalii plants from the past. Should be interesting. Very beautiful plant, I swear it's doubled in a week

FtPupqY.jpg

10-4 we gotta forker!
Bhut Jolokia really branching out, way faster than all the rest.

CIgnJJQ.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Chocolate.
Throwing down some forks as well, big ol leaves on this one. Funny when they came in the mail all of them looked the exact same other than height. Over the last week their growth personalities have really started to show

q459jGe.jpg

7Primo Yellow
I've never grown this one before, very interesting leaves on this plant, most curl downward and they have a very.. fluffy? look to them. Weird. Never seen a super look like this at this stage. Anyone with similar observations that has grown this variety? 

YYTEVlZ.jpg

And last but not least my soil test dummy.. Captain Cayenne. I was never planning on keeping this plant, I guess I thought I would have killed it with some stupid soil mixture by now but it's still alive and very well.. I haven't grown anything but supers in years which is stupid I know.. I guess I'm gonna put an end to all that cause this plant is here to stay, it has definitely proved its worth, along with my other soil dummy the Caribbean Red.

paAudYc.jpg

I brought this baby home the other day.. offerup, 50 bucks!

BjHbErP.jpg

I keep seeing all these beautiful plots everyone's working, I've been talking about doing one for a good decade.. I got the land now.. Time to make it happen!

Ok, throwing out a couple non-chiles from the week!

269WoF2.jpg

AGcKWuP.jpg

ajxThwe.jpg

That'll be all for this week!

I hope all is well with everyone! Thanks for stopping by  :cheers:

(GRRRR. I just wrote a long-a$$ shpeel and accidentally hit the refresh button, and it all disappeared. )

Awesome, Brandon! Holy 5-day difference! Your plants look like they're from a magazine photo shoot. I'll just be over here...pretending my plants look that good.

The last Fatalii I grew was a White. It was a short, stalky plant that grew like a Rocoto...laterally. It was a nice stout plant in the pot, but had an mad edema issue (my fault).

I don't really recall Yellow primos' leaves curling under, but I did notice mine had the "Bhut-Leaf-Wave". I've noticed some Bhuts have wavy, elongated, pointier leaves when compared to 7 Pots and Scorpions. Maybe that difference doesn't exist and a leaf is a leaf...but don't you think 7 pots and scorpions have more "heart-shaped" or "tear-drop-shaped" leaves unlike Bhuts?? Here are some pics from my Yellow Primo. A productive mofo!

3GKDTlI.jpg

.....I'm pretty sure that's what I wrote before the "refresh-push"...verbatim. Lol

BigCedar Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Sprouts have finally arrived! 3 for 3 on the Leviathan Scorpion, really excited to grow this one out. The 7Cinder and these were definitely my 1st and 2nd round draft picks when I was seed shopping at WHP!

^^^Gettin' the priorities in order. Lol. Ha!

"I will most certainly send you some fatalii pods no begging necessary,"
This^...The best culinary news since peppers went powdered. Lol. Woohoo! Thank you, very much!

I believe I have my fair share of caramel varieties saved. I gotta have one or two caramels that you don't have. Orange/Peach and Caramel/Chocolate are my go-to pepper varieties. I'll find something new to you!

Did you grab Elysium Oxide Scotch Bonnet, by chance?
scotch-bonnet-elysium-oxide-3_1024x1024.jpg

Good to see your plants arrived safely, Brandon.
Looks like you are working your magic on them,
alright!

The 7 Primo Yellow's leaves look almost like Scotch
Bonnet MoA leaves. A bit pointier, perhaps, but still
that 'fluffy', humpy look.

Bhuter said:
(GRRRR. I just wrote a long-a$$ shpeel and accidentally hit the refresh button, and it all disappeared. )
I feel your pain, buddy!
Awesome, Brandon! Holy 5-day difference! Your plants look like they're from a magazine photo shoot. I'll just be over here...pretending my plants look that good.
Right. Poser.

The last Fatalii I grew was a White. It was a short, stalky plant that grew like a Rocoto...laterally. It was a nice stout plant in the pot, but had an mad edema issue (my fault).

I don't really recall Yellow primos' leaves curling under, but I did notice mine had the "Bhut-Leaf-Wave". I've noticed some Bhuts have wavy, elongated, pointier leaves when compared to 7 Pots and Scorpions. Maybe that difference doesn't exist and a leaf is a leaf...but don't you think 7 pots and scorpions have more "heart-shaped" or "tear-drop-shaped" leaves unlike Bhuts?? Here are some pics from my Yellow Primo. A productive mofo!
I have noted that ruffled edge on my Bhut Jolokias,
as well, Adam. Kind of a cool touch. Helps to i.d. them
at a glance. It sort of comes and goes, and doesn't
always affect all the leaves.

Bhuter said:
I don't really recall Yellow primos' leaves curling under, but I did notice mine had the "Bhut-Leaf-Wave". I've noticed some Bhuts have wavy, elongated, pointier leaves when compared to 7 Pots and Scorpions. Maybe that difference doesn't exist and a leaf is a leaf...but don't you think 7 pots and scorpions have more "heart-shaped" or "tear-drop-shaped" leaves unlike Bhuts??
After I replied to this, I went out and snapped
this photo of what you described:
B43FDACA-8E49-45CD-B6C1-2301DCCB8D95.jpeg

Bhut Jolokia, chocolate.

Back