• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bih & bhut questions

rainbowberry said:
I gave my brother 3 of them ;) I think he guessed that they weren't going to be the best as he said with a wink that he was going to join a chilli forum and call himself 'Apacheman'.

O No rofl family to :lol:

Armadillo said:
I have the impression that it is all about good information and bad information and about the various copyright laws of the various pepper growing countries that produce a Babylonian confusion.

Yep you got that right :lol:

I believe they are all from the same genetics but have become different by adapting to different geographic areas and environments.
The naga jolokia is a term used for all the dorset,Naga Morich,Bhutt/Bih, as well as the Pc-1. Before all these varieties were discovered in this part of the world, the mysterious super hot peppers from India and Bangladesh were all considered Naga Jolokia(jolokia just means pepper). Now 4 or 5 years later we have narrowed it down to different variations and people are still using the Naga jolokia term thinking there is another extremely rare pepper.
Even if DNA testing is done, it may only prove that these peppers have the same genetics but plants have a remarkable ability to adapt and mutate, and this is likely what has happened over many years.

POTAWIE said:
I believe they are all from the same genetics but have become different by adapting to different geographic areas and environments.
The naga jolokia is a term used for all the dorset,Naga Morich,Bhutt/Bih, as well as the Pc-1. Before all these varieties were discovered in this part of the world, the mysterious super hot peppers from India and Bangladesh were all considered Naga Jolokia(jolokia just means pepper). Now 4 or 5 years later we have narrowed it down to different variations and people are still using the Naga jolokia term thinking there is another extremely rare pepper.
Even if DNA testing is done, it may only prove that these peppers have the same genetics but plants have a remarkable ability to adapt and mutate, and this is likely what has happened over many years.

Have to agree POTAWIE just look at T/T :lol:

Back